Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

Yeah I find it comical when the burger joints are offering salads, yogurts, apple slices, etc.

At least BK didn't try chicken wings. WTF was Mickey D's thinking. Clearly, no one on their R&D team is from WNY.

Their COO is from Albany. That has to be close enough to at least offer some pause.

7-11 chicken wings are TERRIBLE DISGUSTING FATTY TISSUE OF SATANS SPAWN. Ugh ! :sick:

Has anyone tried them ?

Why would you do this? I mean it. In what possible state would someone do this? It must have been half a bottle of Jack, and some drug cocktail composed of weed, meth, Quaaludes, cocaine, and probably a few other things. Why the hell would you do this?

Why would you do this? I mean it. In what possible state would someone do this? It must have been half a bottle of Jack, and some drug cocktail composed of weed, meth, Quaaludes, cocaine, and probably a few other things. Why the hell would you do this?

Well. They were free. The wife brought them home from a photo shoot but I know, thats no excuse. Are they even real ?

Never again, I swear.

Well. They were free. The wife brought them home from a photo shoot but I know, thats no excuse. Are they even real ?

Never again, I swear.

7-11 wings: Not Even Once.

I'll leave the photoshoot comments in Ink's capable and well-calloused hands.

Edited by Eleven

I understand what you mean.

Oilers or Sabres pick first is more likely than panthers pick first or islanders pick first or flames, etc.

This is a correct statement.

BUT.

It is more likely that NEITHER the oilers nor Sabres will pick first, in which case, the Sabres will get second choice of forwards.

Unfortunately, understanding what he means and understanding what he writes are oftentimes (e.g. this instance) mutually exclusive sets.

You are definitely the kindest person on this board.

That's a really good point. I just like the blood lines. I am basing it on that. However, you made a very valid point on my newbish kind of response. All is fair.

Then you might be interested in Al MacInnis' kid in this draft.

You might also like Daniel Audette and Dominic Turgeon.

Edited by Andrew Amerk

I would eat ramen over any fast food except Taco Bell. Unless Pizza Hut counts.

If someone brings the food to your table for you, it's not fast food. I think that's a simple enough rule to live by. Yeah, there's that crazy situation where Burger King is backed up and someone brings your sandwich out when it is ready, but that's different.

Oilers or Sabres pick first is more likely than panthers pick first or islanders pick first or flames, etc.

BUT.

It is more likely that NEITHER the oilers nor Sabres will pick first, in which case, the Sabres will get second choice of forwards.

Still believe any of the teams you mentioned can use Ekblad more than a forward and will pick him given the chance. We will always get first shot at reinhart or bennet.

Unfortunately, understanding what he means and understanding what he writes are oftentimes (e.g. this instance) mutually exclusive sets.

You are definitely the kindest person on this board.

sigh again, carrying a grudge this long is really starting to become sad.

Now I can't wait until the Sabres win the lottery so LGR can tell us that proves he did the maths right. :rolleyes:

It wouldn't prove or disprove anything. I fully expect the 9th place team or something like that to win the lottery this year because the Sabres always get screwed.

Still believe any of the teams you mentioned can use Ekblad more than a forward and will pick him given the chance. We will always get first shot at reinhart or bennet.

This too is a valid point. Depending on how some teams view Ekblad they could take him 1st overall regardless, this isn't limited to EDM and does not even exclude Buffalo.

http://www.sportsclu...NHLlottery.html

Predicted order of finish for top five spots, with updated percentages on what spot each team will finish

1. BUF 100%

2. FLA 86%

3. EDM 86%

4. NYI 89%

5. CAL 80%

If that were the finishing and draft order (unlikely) I would say this is how those teams would draft:

1) Sabres - Sam Bennett

2) Panthers - Aaron Ekblad

3) Oilers - Leon Draisaitl

4) Islanders - Sam Reinhart

5) Flames - Michael Dal Colle

Edited by LGR4GM

Maybe, but you never know. Sometimes teams who need immediate D help are leery of the development curve, or simply like the forwards more. Look at Colorado last year and Edmonton the year before.

BUT.

I don't get how can you assume that the Panthers, Flames, Islanders, Hurricanes or whomever win the lottery doesn't take Ekblad. He may not be the next Shea Weber but he is going to be a 25 min a night guy for the next 10 years. I'd think he is the safest pick in the draft. Hell, the Sabres could get #1 and take Ekblad!

(Yes, IKP, I know you can make 2+2=5. :lol: We're only talking simple probabilities here, not the stuff you deal with. ;))

2+2=5 only for very large values of 2.

All fast food is terrible, but you at least have to give them credit for this:

When the entire fast food industry was adding salads and crappy grilled chicken, Burger King doubled down on bacon, cheese, and adding shortening to their fries to make them even "fry-ier".

I heard this morning that KFC has a trial of some sort of sweet and sour cup in Baltimore, which includes funnel-cake fries and chicken. KFC is also in the "eh, screw it" camp (other than their "healthy" chicken with no breading).

7-11 chicken wings are TERRIBLE DISGUSTING FATTY TISSUE OF SATANS SPAWN. Ugh ! :sick:

Has anyone tried them ?

A guy I know thinks they're better than the wings in Buffalo. I think he's a meth-head or something; he should know better as he grew up in West Seneca.

If someone brings the food to your table for you, it's not fast food. I think that's a simple enough rule to live by. Yeah, there's that crazy situation where Burger King is backed up and someone brings your sandwich out when it is ready, but that's different.

That's how I've always viewed it but a friend recently argued to me that PH is fast food. Didn't want to have that one again haha.

April 8th Recap late 1st / Early 2nd Round Prospects

OHL Network

Michael Bunting LW Sault Ste. Marie 0G 0A in 3-2 OT loss to Erie

Greyhounds lose series 4 games to 0

Bunting's Season is over - Final Play Off Stats 9GP 5G 1A +1+/-

Eric Cornel C Peterborough 0G 1A -2+/- in 3-1 loss to Oshawa

Petes trail series 2 games to 1

Brendan Lemieux LW Barrie 0G 0A -1 +/- in Colts 2-1 loss to North Bay

Barrie trails series 2 games to 1.

Leafs are going to win the lotter. You heard it here first.

I wouldn't be shocked at all.

In other news: Craig McTavish, Oilers GM

http://www.nicholson...jd42zozdmcv84ea

On defence:

"Well, there's been a lot of good things that have happened if you're an optimist in the past month or so with some of the defencemen and not the least is Oscar Klefbom. He's really playing now how I felt at the start of the year he'd be able to play, but maybe discounted the importance and the difficulty of the transition into the North American game. But you're seeing a guy who's going to be a real significant piece for us the way that he's played.

"Also Marty Marincin too has come on and played really well. Add that to Justin Schultz, who seems like a veteran but it's really only his full complete year in the NHL. Darnell Nurse on the horizon, so there are a lot of good things happening with our your defence.

"We'll see if we can get a real top-end defenceman - they're tough to find, as we know - otherwise, we'll go with some of the youth that we have here."

On the draft and potentially targeting Leon Draisaitl or Aaron Ekblad:

"Well, I think both areas are areas of need for our hockey club and we'd be fortunate to get any one of those players that you mentioned. I don't currently have a real preference one way or the other. We'll see how the draft lottery unfolds, where we're picking, what's available and then we'll be better served to make that decision."

Edited by LGR4GM

Leafs are going to win the lotter. You heard it here first.

Something like this should almost be expected. That in in the year they finally decided to tank, a team that finishes where the Sabres typically do in the 8 to 12 range, like the Leafs this year, ends up winning the lottery.

Speaking of bloodlines to former Sabres, Dave Snuggerud's nephew Luc is a second round prospect. We could always use another Snuggerud... if only because it is fun to say.

and for the all time classic mullet potential.

If the Sabres lose one of the final three games in regulation it will be their 50th regulation loss. The franchise has never had more than 45 TOTAL (reg + OT) losses in a season...

Losing two of their last three would give the team a total of 60 losses.

Edited by Tankalicious

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.