GDT: SEASON OPENER, Buffalo Sabres at Detroit Red Wings, 10/2/2013, 8:00pm

darksabre

I've got a damn work function tonight that I'd love to skip, but I need to show my face for some of it at least. I'll have to DVR the game. Brutal.

Show up early, say hi to folks as they come in. Excuse yourself to the bathroom. Head home. GAME TIME!

This might stoke the opening day fires a little more. Actually, it's just pretty funny.

http://www.stanleycu...-buffalo-sabres

The person who wrote that must've visited Buffalo once in the winter of 1982, and was snowed in at the Hilton for three nights. He went outside to fire up a doobie and got busted. He spent the next two nights in the Holding Center. Finally, after getting bailed out, he got "the French disease" from a lady of the evening on Chippewa (pre-nightspot Chippewa, that is). This is a person who needs Haldol.

I'm going to have to find an audio stream to hear the game tonight on my phone. Gonna be working in my studio which has no internet (old factory building in roc), setting up a show. Would rather be home watching.

I'm going to have to find an audio stream to hear the game tonight on my phone. Gonna be working in my studio which has no internet (old factory building in roc), setting up a show. Would rather be home watching.

Tell your man to fork out for a DVR with all that OT he's getting.

I'd play Larsson on the top line. Screw Stafford.

Ron Ron is taking his first hit with this one. What's the effin point of having him on the team if he's not in the lineup. He better be sent down to rochester for their opener, otherwise this is BS.

TuneIn app, WGR550 seems to work better than the WGR550 app for live streaming. I was listening to it for awhile today and in the car in the past with minimal issues.

Once the Linesman determines that the puck will cross the goal line, icing is completed upon the determination as to which player (attacking or defending) would first touch the puck.

Gotta love the NHL. That's as murky as it gets. But in a tie, or a very close race, the linesman can't say who would first touch the puck. Only the obvious situations, one player far ahead, would be blown dead, and those aren't the situations that typically lead to injuries.

billsrcursed was right:

If the race for the puck is too close to determine by the time the first Player reaches the end zone face-off dots, icing shall be called.

Why can't they just say, "Unless the attacking player wins the race to the dots, icing is called"? It doesn't seem to be about the linesman's judgment of who would eventually touch the puck first.

billsrcursed was right:

If the race for the puck is too close to determine by the time the first Player reaches the end zone face-off dots, icing shall be called.

Why can't they just say, "Unless the attacking player wins the race to the dots, icing is called"? It doesn't seem to be about the linesman's judgment of who would eventually touch the puck first.

The funny part is this is going to lead to a lot more forwards being hurt as a result of having the better position and then getting hit while trying to get the puck. I haven't watched nearly enough preseason to say for sure but I can only imagine that this will be the result.

Olczyk couldn't pronounce his way out of a phone booth. For you young'uns. Before cell phones there were phone booths on corners so you could make a call. It was often enclosed... hence the booth term.

Ok with that useless rant, I am ready... Go Sabres except Stafford.... Don't want to wish ill on him physically, but I would rather have Larsson.

Archived