GDT: SEASON OPENER, Buffalo Sabres at Detroit Red Wings, 10/2/2013, 8:00pm

darksabre

I'm kinda pissed. It's an NBCSN game, so I can't see it at home. I was out Monday, out last night, and will likey be out the next two nights, so I don't know if I can justify going out every night this week. I'm not 35 any more. :)

I'll go on record as saying that NBC does not suck. They've done more to bring more hockey to more people in the last two years than anyone else has done in the last decade.

Season opener,… national game,… divisional foe,… bring it.

It's a good day!

Haven't been able to watch a single pre-season game, anything special to look for tonight?

Rasmus Ristolainen and his poise. Also if Larsson plays, he is pretty good.

I'll go on record as saying that NBC does not suck. They've done more to bring more hockey to more people in the last two years than anyone else has done in the last decade.

Season opener,… national game,… divisional foe,… bring it.

It's a good day!

They don't suck because of the reasons you state... they do suck because they are ridiculously bias against the Sabres, have the worst announcers I have been forced to listen to and actually need to expand coverage.

Haven't been able to watch a single pre-season game, anything special to look for tonight?

On D:

Pysyk -- very quick feet, crisp passer and generally cool as a cucumber. He'll be in the top 4 D all year.

Risto -- still a rookie but the ceiling is high

Myers -- he might be back to what we were all hoping for

Forwards:

- Unfortunately with Foligno and Tropp both out, the change will be reduced, but the FNGs (those 2, plus Girgy and Larsson) have injected a badly needed measure of backbone into the forward group.

- It looks like Girgy and Griggy will be on the same line -- so that's something new for ya.

- Ennis may or may not be back at center

Actually, that begs the question: has anyone seen anything official on forward lines for tonight?

A house divided. It begins.

xKjTmvw.jpeg

you working toward an epic neck beard, brah?

Neckbeard.png

Larsson getting the start?

Your link lists 20 skaters for each team. That's not a starting lineup.

quite right. 23 on the active roster, but only 20 can dress (i think that's the #). mcbain probably sits. scott probably sits (unless detroit went out and got a heavyweight). that leaves one other scratch.

i said it before: i'd play the young swede against a roster full of his idols.

Rasmus Ristolainen and his poise. Also if Larsson plays, he is pretty good.

They don't suck because of the reasons you state... they do suck because they are ridiculously bias against the Sabres, have the worst announcers I have been forced to listen to and actually need to expand coverage.

Watched some last night and heard McGuire's voice right away. Horrible.

Archived