GDT: SEASON OPENER, Buffalo Sabres at Detroit Red Wings, 10/2/2013, 8:00pm

darksabre

Nothing like opening day after two painful years of mostly bad hockey to put me in a real pro-Sabre, ###### everybody else mood.

So ###### you Detroit. ###### you Chara. ###### you Kessel and ###### anyone else who gets in our way.

Drop the ###### puck.

I'm jazzed for the new season, but man, Detroit on the road is sure a sucky way to start.

I love it. An opportunity to test yourself against a good team. I'll be looking to see if any have the deer in the headlights look vs. that certain gleam. I have Girgs pegged for a gleamer. Risto, too. Throw the kids in the deep end and see if they can swim.

GO SABRES!!!

I see a bunch of the talking heads picking them to win East and some SC.

I highly highly doubt it. They've got some magic, sure, but I'm not a believer that they're in certain contention, despite being a fan. Sabres games could be a lot of fun to watch against the Wings this year.

I highly highly doubt it. They've got some magic, sure, but I'm not a believer that they're in certain contention, despite being a fan. Sabres games could be a lot of fun to watch against the Wings this year.

From NHL.COM

For the record, Rosen, Moreale, Masisak, Chase, O'Neil, Mayers, Shiller all pick them to win Atlantic; Rosen, Moreale, Masisiak and Chase pick them to win East; and Moreale picks them for SC.

From NHL.COM

For the record, Rosen, Moreale, Masisak, Chase, O'Neil, Mayers, Shiller all pick them to win Atlantic; Rosen, Moreale, Masisiak and Chase pick them to win East; and Moreale picks them for SC.

Interesting. Up until these posts, I'd mostly seen the lukewarm opinion that they will make the playoffs, but die out a round or two in at best. Seemed to me there's a lot of belief that they're on the decline. Dunno. I don't put too much stock in early picks. You never know what could happen in the full season, for Detroit, the Sabres, for anyone! I look forward to some shake ups and good hockey.

Interesting. Up until these posts, I'd mostly seen the lukewarm opinion that they will make the playoffs, but die out a round or two in at best. Seemed to me there's a lot of belief that they're on the decline. Dunno. I don't put too much stock in early picks. You never know what could happen in the full season, for Detroit, the Sabres, for anyone! I look forward to some shake ups and good hockey.

Well, they ain't winning tomorrow.

:nana:

This Habs Leafs game has got me in the mood. This is what we face this year in our group. Both teams playin for keeps and in my opinion there's going to be some battles this season. Do we have a team that can overcome their shortcomings and surprise everyone with a miracle season ? I doubt it. But tonight we can dream. As for Detroit ? A tough challenge for sure. The boys have to make a statement. Go Sabres !

Archived