GDT: SEASON OPENER, Buffalo Sabres at Detroit Red Wings, 10/2/2013, 8:00pm

darksabre

Beyond excited hockey is back! But I have a feeling Buffalo will be outshot heavily tomorrow night. Miller will have to stand on his head for Buffalo to win this game. As some have said, it's a olympic/contract year for Miller, so he may take it to a higher level. Go Sabres! Get the Win!

Going to DVR the game tomorrow as I work night shift. Took the day off work for the bills game Thursday and I am fired up about Buffalo sports! My wife says, I wish you had that look in your eye when we do things together and I'm like honey I love you, can I go into my dark mancave yet? Man this is like drugs... Lets go buffalo!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like opening day after two painful years of mostly bad hockey to put me in a real pro-Sabre, ###### everybody else mood.

So ###### you Detroit. ###### you Chara. ###### you Kessel and ###### anyone else who gets in our way.

Drop the ###### puck.

Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.

iI8TxF2.gif

You get a car! You get a car! And you get a car! And you get a car! You get a car… OK, that's enough.

Everyone up to speed on the hybrid icing rule? I'm not a fan. Maybe when I see it in real games, I'll feel differently. Just seems like a sticky wicket to put the linesmen in, a lot of moving parts to that decision. Are injuries on icing dashes that big a problem? And will the new rule really lower the risk?

You get a car! You get a car! And you get a car! And you get a car! You get a car… OK, that's enough.

Everyone up to speed on the hybrid icing rule? I'm not a fan. Maybe when I see it in real games, I'll feel differently. Just seems like a sticky wicket to put the linesmen in, a lot of moving parts to that decision. Are injuries on icing dashes that big a problem? And will the new rule really lower the risk?

Seems pretty straight forward to me. All based on position.

I think the Pitkanen injury late last year brought this issue back to the forefront.. He's out now for this year too because of that injury.

Are injuries on icing dashes that big a problem? And will the new rule really lower the risk?

to your first question, i can think of half a dozen players whose careers were basically ended by a hit/collision on a contested icing. so, yeah -- it's a sufficiently big problem, IMO. when you weigh all factors in the balance -- frequency of contested icings where the offensive player trails or is even with the d-man, the value added to the game, the incidence of injuries -- i say a change was overdue.

to your second question, i'm not entirely sure. hopefully.

Archived