Ecklund says Buffalo talking to Edmonton and Colorado

freester

Really? Who were his wingers last season... thats right I just made your argument invalid. Also ask me who was 3rd on the team in points? Again your argument is invalid. Who is the best stick handler on the team, argument again invalid. Who is one of if not now the fastest player on the team?

Yea lets get rid of Tyler Ennis he is the reason we sucked last season...

:death:

How many 160 lbs top six players were there in the league last year? What was that about invalid?

How many 160 lbs top six players were there in the league last year? What was that about invalid?

:wallbash:

This myth that Buffalo is physically small seriously needs to die... dead...

but hey this is the year... i mean decade... I mean quater century of self loathing so screw it.

:wallbash:

This myth that Buffalo is physically small seriously needs to die... dead...

but hey this is the year... i mean decade... I mean quater century of self loathing so screw it.

I didn't say they were small, I said Ennis was small. You can have as many child sized men on your team as you want, I want normal and perhaps even abnormally large sized me on my team. The league has moved away from the stupid lucky no touch season where the Sabres lucky into having a small speedy roster. Now good teams require players with skill and grit. I think the Sabres have some of these in the pipeline and even a few on the roster. I like Tyler Ennis. He plays with skill and grit. I'm just not sure if its enough to overcome the fact that he weighs 30-50 lbs less than the rest of the league.

I didn't say they were small, I said Ennis was small. You can have as many child sized men on your team as you want, I want normal and perhaps even abnormally large sized me on my team. The league has moved away from the stupid lucky no touch season where the Sabres lucky into having a small speedy roster. Now good teams require players with skill and grit. I think the Sabres have some of these in the pipeline and even a few on the roster. I like Tyler Ennis. He plays with skill and grit. I'm just not sure if its enough to overcome the fact that he weighs 30-50 lbs less than the rest of the league.

He's good enough. His issues are just way more glaring when the rest of our roster makes it really hard to give him an appropriate role (not a lot of good defensive or top 6 forwards).

How else can we cry about them being slow?

My offer to EDM would be

Miller(50%), Stafford, McNabb, and a 3rd Rounder

for

Hemsky, Eberle, and their 2nd rounder

We get the 2nd big scorer our offense sorely needs and maybe the asset that convinces Vanek to stay.

EDM gets a potentially super goalie, a 30 goal scorer, and D prospect along with ridding themselves of Hemsky.

How I would love for a top line of

Vanek - Hodgson - Eberle

Too much focus on size and not enough on production. The size argument worked for Gerbe because it obviously hindered his production. Ennis? He produces as a very, very solid top-6 winger.

Really? Who were his wingers last season... thats right I just made your argument invalid. Also ask me who was 3rd on the team in points? Again your argument is invalid. Who is the best stick handler on the team, argument again invalid. Who is one of if not now the fastest player on the team?

Yea lets get rid of Tyler Ennis he is the reason we sucked last season...

:death:

What argument? I expressed an opinion.

I didn't come close to saying he was the reason they sucked last year. I didn't even use the word suck when describing him and wouldn't.

My perception is that he is fast with the puck into the zone, but then he gets sloppy when pressed in the zone. I believe that has to do with his size and the fact that the league caught up to his game. Again opinion, but I don't believe he can be as successful on Buffalo as presently constituted (ie. having to be one of THE scoring leaders) as others do on here. It was too easy last year for other teams to take him and his line out or pen them in the defensive zone negating his speed.

If he is on the team opening day, so be it. And for the record, I'm expecting it. But he does have trade value to the right team and if something could be gotten in return for him, I wouldn't miss him.

I don't see why we would trade miller for stastny though, why did we draft grigs and girgs then ?

Their future is uncertain, Stastny is an NHL center.

Also, Stastny would likely be easier to trade at the deadline than Miller if his resigning is unlikely.

That trade makes us among the league's weaker teams in goal and puts Grigorenko in the press box.

And come February it should net us a pick around 22 (to go with our own around 11)

I think it moves Grigo to the 3rd line and moves little Tyler permanently back to the wing (where he probably belongs). I think it probably affects guys like Girgs and Larrson the most since they lose a potential spot on the big club.

I have no interest in Stastny. I know this will get me yelled out but I honestly don't give a f### anymore. Stastny is yet another defensively questionable center. We don't need another one of those. We really don't need to trade a valuable asset for it either. This team would make a bigger and better stride if instead of Stastny we went after O'Reilly.

Their future is uncertain, Stastny is an NHL center.

Also, Stastny would likely be easier to trade at the deadline than Miller if his resigning is unlikely.

Absolutely. Not that I put any stock in these rumours...but the season is still far away, so...

I think any reasonable return for Miller ASAP will put the Sabres in a better position come trade deadline day, or...OR... may be the thing that makes Vanek seriously consider resigning. If the Sabres have Stastny and Vanek on the top line with whoever, and then the kids live up to their reps, it could all be a good thing.

Plus, I read the Stastny uses a wood stick...the guy is hard core.

Archived