All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

Exactly. He's definitely a NHL talent. Like you said, he's not a guy who will blow up the scoreboard, but is very useful in puck possession and fighting/winning pucks in the dirty areas, such as the corners. And he's an above average defensive forward. I think he's almost a lock to center the 3rd or 4th line next season in Buffalo.

So the anti-Stafford? Eleven, you should love him!

Exactly. He's definitely a NHL talent. Like you said, he's not a guy who will blow up the scoreboard, but is very useful in puck possession and fighting/winning pucks in the dirty areas, such as the corners. And he's an above average defensive forward. I think he's almost a lock to center the 3rd or 4th line next season in Buffalo.

Sounds like jochen hecht to me.

Nope, just as long as hes not centering the 1 line.

Or taking up 8% of cap room. Hecht wasn't a bad player by any means. If Larsson turns into that type of player, I'll be fine with it.

Edited by Eleven

He had a couple close calls last night.

He's not been a standout in the two games, I've seen, but he's pretty good out there.

Much more involved in battles and that "wait for it" mentality that was so frustrating in Buffalo isn't nearly so evident.

His hands are easily the best on the team. Made a sweet no-look world-class pass into the slot while charging around the back of the net that Armia totally whiffed on.

He's playing where he should be right now and could be an AHL first- liner next season

I think he gets a decent look in Buffalo partway throughout next season and should be up here to stay the year after.

Maybe him and his line mates will get more chemistry soon. And your time line was exactly what I was thinking, though I have nothing to back up that timeline aside from the fact I don't think he is ready for NHL just yet. Hoping soon! I saw a goal of his in the world junior championships (I think) where he scored from along the goaline up in the roof. Just a sweet goal!

can someone tell me what's up with back to back to back games? What other pro league has teams play on three consecutive nights?

GO SABRES!!!

I'm not sure if you are actually looking for a response, but... AHL front offices prefer the weekend games for increased attendance on those nights. A quick glance at ECHL scheduling shows that they too have back2back2backs.

As for these Amerks, it will be interesting to see if they can carry any momentum into the playoffs (after a hypothetical berth, of course). I'll say that they would benefit hugely from claiming the 7th seed rather than the 8th seed, as the Texas Stars have clinched the top seed and are riding an eleven-game win streak. The Stars are a scoring machine, featuring the most 'goals for' in the AHL. Although, personally, since I live in Austin, I would be thrilled to see the Amerks play a series down here....

The Amerks finish their regular season Wed, Fri, Sat this coming week.

4/13 - Amerks gain point in SO loss:

The Rochester Americans saw their five-game winning streak come to an end Sunday in a 2-1 shootout loss to the Lake Erie Monsters at Quicken Loans Arena, but the Amerks still gained a valuable point to maintain their hold on seventh place in the Western Conference standings with just three games remaining in the regular season. Rochester has now picked up at least a point in six consecutive games.

Goaltender Mark Guggenberger, who was signed to a professional tryout by the Amerks earlier in the day, was sensational in his AHL debut, finishing with 41 saves on 42 shots in regulation and overtime before stopping seven of 10 shootout attempts. Nick Crawford scored the lone Amerks goal while Phil Varone and Brayden Irwin each collected an assist.

Lake Erie’s Guillaume Desbiens scored the game-winning goal in the 10th round of the shootout while Andrew Agozzino tallied the Monsters’ only goal in regulation. Netminder Sami Aittokallio turned aside 22 of 23 shots in regulation and overtime before denying eight of 10 Rochester shooters in the shootout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ybX5R66YpJc

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.