All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

I disagree. Zadorov will be on the Sabres next year.

I wasn't saying he would or wouldn't be in buffalo. It was a discussion on ahl eligible players and I was saying those three players get juniors for another year until ahl eligibility in 2015.

However, apart from a tryout, I doubt zadorov is in buffalo next year

A lot of 19 year old d-men seem to be sticking in the NHL lately. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he earns a spot.

He probably has the best potential to do it. His skills in Juniors have exploded and his 7 game tryout up here was quite good. I still think he is one of those types of players the more you challenge him the better he gets.

He probably has the best potential to do it. His skills in Juniors have exploded and his 7 game tryout up here was quite good. I still think he is one of those types of players the more you challenge him the better he gets.

As good as his skills seem to be, his mentality is what seems to suit him to coming out a year early. He seems to have a mentality similar to Girgensens.

A lot of 19 year old d-men seem to be sticking in the NHL lately. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he earns a spot.

This is true, but a lot of those teams have 5 veterans + the one young kid.

Zadarov clearly has the size and determination to handle the physical NHL game. In that sense, he is perhaps more ready than most 19 year old defensemen. But, I think we'll have Pysyk and (perhaps) Risto on the big club next year. And, I doubt they want 3 rookie defensemen in the lineup.

Zadarov clearly has the size and determination to handle the physical NHL game. In that sense, he is perhaps more ready than most 19 year old defensemen. But, I think we'll have Pysyk and (perhaps) Risto on the big club next year. And, I doubt they want 3 rookie defensemen in the lineup.

I don't think three young defensemen is a problem, honestly. What's the worst that could happen, we suck? :P

@BuffaloSabres

NEWS: The #Sabres have recalled goaltender Connor Knapp (@knapper311) from @AmerksHockey.

SABRES RECALL CONNOR KNAPP

Andrey Makarov assigned to Rochester

BUFFALO, N.Y. (April 11, 2014) --- The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has recalled goaltender Connor Knapp from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League (AHL). The team also announced it has assigned goaltender Andrey Makarov to Rochester.

Knapp (5/1/90, 6'5", 206 lbs) joins the Sabres for the first time since being acquired by the club in the sixth round (164th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He was recalled by Rochester from the ECHL on March 17.

While playing in the ECHL this season, Knapp has played in 29 games, posting a record of 11-12-3-2 with a 2.53 goals-against average, a .920 save percentage and one shutout.

Last season, the York, New York native appeared in 12 games with Greenville (ECHL), posting a record of 5-7-0 with a 3.05 goals-against average and a .909 save percentage. He appeared in seven AHL games with the Amerks during the 2012-13 campaign and recorded a 3.34 goals-against average and a .893 save percentage.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

If their public statements are any indication, they don't. Even if Zadorov and Risto are both ready for full-time NHL duty next year, I don't see the team having both them and Pysyk on the blue line--at least one gets left out.

If their public statements are any indication, they don't. Even if Zadorov and Risto are both ready for full-time NHL duty next year, I don't see the team having both them and Pysyk on the blue line--at least one gets left out.

I think all three will be in.

Edited by X. Benedict

Can Pysyk play in the AHL next year? I think they'll let Risto and Pysyk ride most of the year in the A and build chemistry on a winning squad. Zadorov will be in the NHL because he is good enough and can't be in the AHL.

That sounds like the most plausible scenario given GMTM's willingness to keep the kids in the AHL to develop until they are ready. Zadorov is the only full time NHL'er since he doesn't have much more development to do in Juniors and NHL is the only option. That way in 2015, they can have Pysyk and Risto ready as a plug and play 2nd pairing with a full year of experience together. And hopefully Zadorov/Myers/Ehrhoff has developed a pairing between them. Then there's only one spare d spot to fill with the remaining NHL guy.

I see next year's blue line opening like this:

Ehrhoff/kid

Myers/veteran free agent

kid/Weber/McBain

I'd say Pysyk and Risto are the most likely ones to grab the two "kid" spots

Ruhwedel and McCabe get loads of time in the minors and are the first call-ups.

As much as I love Nikita, he will have to be significantly better than Risto or Pysyk to be on the big club, simply because he is the youngest of the bunch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.