All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

Who is Tim Schaller?

And do the Amerks get in at #8 in the conference, or do they need to be in the top 7?

And can we please see Griggy produce consistently for more than 2 games before we start pretending he's an elite prospect?

Well, it has been 3 games, so people are understandably excited. ;)

Me, I'm hoping he keeps it up.

He was a free agent (very low level prospect) signing last year. And grigs was a top first round prospect so I think he is pretty highly rated prospect. It could have just as easily been said "after being forced to be an nhl center with little ice time as a teenager, let's not pretend his stock is no longer elite."

Who is Tim Schaller?

And do the Amerks get in at #8 in the conference, or do they need to be in the top 7?

And can we please see Griggy produce consistently for more than 2 games before we start pretending he's an elite prospect?

He is a near-elite prospect. His Junior Numbers earn him that title at least.

He's not an elite pro. Not yet at least.

Who is Tim Schaller?

I'm relieved that he's been productive in his first few games this year. I caught one of the Amerks' playoff games last year and he was invisible. That was at the end of something like an 80-90 game season in 3 different leagues for Grigo, though.

Edited by qwksndmonster

We'd be better off just signing an old vet to a PTO than bringing up a kid like Makarov.

we cannot poach any more from Roc!!! In all seriousness though, what's left down on the farm?! what would the tandem in Roc look like?

and I thought I read that Enroth and Nuevirth are out for the remainder of the year, meaning Hackett and Lieuwen are stuck up here for the last 4/5 games?

we cannot poach any more from Roc!!! In all seriousness though, what's left down on the farm?! what would the tandem in Roc look like?

and I thought I read that Enroth and Nuevirth are out for the remainder of the year, meaning Hackett and Lieuwen are stuck up here for the last 4/5 games?

Vinzanity Redux?

Has anyone looked at the two teams' schedules to see if there are conflicts? I'm wondering if it will be possible to shuttle Makarov back and forth for the remainder of the season.

Conflicts are April 12: Sabres at Boston and Amerks at Hamilton, April 13: Islanders at Sabres and Amerks at Lake Erie.

No big deal, the Amerks don't play until Friday. They can send him back in time to play against the Marlies.

I don't like them calling up Makarov. The Amerks making the playoffs is more important than anything buffalo is doing. Just sign somebody random.

Exactly.... if the Amerks can sneak into the playoffs, then all these kids can go back down and do their thing. If Amerks don't play til Friday, Makarov can play in Buffalo Tuesday, and that gives the Sabres til Friday to find some dummy to back up Hackett? (so that Makarov can play in Rochester on Friday.)

What kinda dummies are to be had these days, anyway?

Edit: Using ESPN Fantasy to search for FA goalies, they still list the likes of Hasek, CuJo, Olie the Goalie, Joeclyn Thibault, Kevin Weekes, to name a few :lol:

Conflicts are April 12: Sabres at Boston and Amerks at Hamilton, April 13: Islanders at Sabres and Amerks at Lake Erie.

Rochester also plays Friday April 11 (three nights in a row).... do AHL goalies ever play back-to-back-to-back? :huh:

Edited by Cereal

Do we really want to have Makarov doing all this travel? Sure, it's quick, but shuttling him back and forth is just going to cause needless strain.

Sign somebody random and let Makarov ride with the Amerks.

It's a reward. Give the kid a taste of the nhl and hope it drives him.

@BuffaloSabres

NEWS: The #Sabres have assigned forwards Nicolas Deslauriers and Johan Larsson to @AmerksHockey.

@AmerksHockey

The #Amerks have signed goalie Kevin Kapalka to an amateur tryout. Kapalka played for Lake Superior St. (NCAA) & Idaho (ECHL) this year

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@BuffaloSabres

NEWS: The #Sabres have assigned forwards Nicolas Deslauriers and Johan Larsson to @AmerksHockey.

@AmerksHockey

The #Amerks have signed goalie Kevin Kapalka to an amateur tryout. Kapalka played for Lake Superior St. (NCAA) & Idaho (ECHL) this year

Great news on Larsson and Deslauriers. Hopefully, Risto, Pysyk and Makarov can join them soon.

Edited by dudacek

I'd put Delauries right on Griggys wing opposite Roy. Eventually all the lines might look like this:

Delauries-Grigs-Roy

Zigomanis-Porter-Catanacci

Adam-Varone-Armia

Gillies-Larsson-Kea

X- Sundher, Tardif (inj), Irwin

Risto-Pysyk

McCabe-Ruwehdal

McKenzie-Crawford

X- JGL, Petreki, Tuzzolino

Liuewan

Hackett

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.