All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

I'd put Delauries right on Griggys wing opposite Roy. Eventually all the lines might look like this:

Delauries-Grigs-Roy

Zigomanis-Porter-Catanacci

Adam-Varone-Armia

Gillies-Larsson-Kea

X- Sundher, Tardif (inj), Irwin

Risto-Pysyk

McCabe-Ruwehdal

McKenzie-Crawford

X- JGL, Petreki, Tuzzolino

Liuewan

Hackett

girgensons

Don't think Zemgus or McCabe is eligible for Rochester in the playoffs.

They didn't send him down on deadline day? dammit.

hmmm... looking around, it appears they removed all the clear day nonsense. They just have to set the roster by the end of the AHL regular season.

They didn't send him down on deadline day? dammit.

hmmm... looking around, it appears they removed all the clear day nonsense. They just have to set the roster by the end of the AHL regular season.

I don't think most teams will send a guy down for the AHL playoffs even if eligible after playing a full season at the NHL level. I remember seeing that mentioned in the past. At this point, let him play for his country in the world championships (if Latvia's eligible).

London hosts the Memorial Cup this year, so Zadorov will be busy for quite some time.

So that means that London is automatically in the tournament, right? But I assume they could be knocked out early, thus freeing up Nikita for a Pronger/Orr - type display in the AHL playoffs?

So that means that London is automatically in the tournament, right? But I assume they could be knocked out early, thus freeing up Nikita for a Pronger/Orr - type display in the AHL playoffs?

The tournament is round robin and doesn't even start until mid-May.

@AmerksHockey

Head Coach Chadd Cassidy joined @SiriusXMNHL yesterday to talk #Amerks hockey. Listen here >> http://bit.ly/1qxcE3Y

@SabresPR

#Sabres roster move: Defenseman Mark Pysyk has been assigned to the Rochester Americans (AHL).

So now with some reinforcements back in Rochester they should be able to maintain this late season push to the playoffs and make some noise. Bringing back top pairing d-men in Pysyk and Risto (eventually) will help a ton.

2014 Memorial Cup Schedule and Game Times

So now with some reinforcements back in Rochester they should be able to maintain this late season push to the playoffs and make some noise. Bringing back top pairing d-men in Pysyk and Risto (eventually) will help a ton.

They still need a goalie and 2 D returned from Buffalo to make a strong playoff push

There really is no getting knocked out early since only 4 teams are in the Memorial Cup.

There really is no getting knocked out early since only 4 teams are in the Memorial Cup.

So that means Nikita's junior season isn't over until after that tournament, yes? So no Nikita in Rochester this year, no how, no way?

I know we went through this Grigorenko a lot, but can someone clarify why Risto was able to play in the Ahl but Grigs wasn't? I thought it was about age but if Risto was drafted later he's younger, no? Along with that, does Ristos allowance apply to Zadorov in that he can play in the AHL next year too?

Edited by WildCard

I know we went through this Grigorenko a lot, but can someone clarify why Risto was able to play in the Ahl but Grigs wasn't? I thought it was about age but if Risto was drafted later he's younger, no? Along with that, does Ristos allowance apply to Zadorov in that he can play in the AHL next year too?

Risto did not play in Canadian Juniors, he came up thru Finland (Sweden?).

EDIT: The rule is in place so the Juniors don't get gutted by the AHL (for better or worse). As soon as you end up in CDN Juniors, you're there until the end of the season you turn (19 or 20), you play in the NHL, or your junior team gives you up (rare). Zadorv is in juniors, so (I think) he's Juniors or NHL next year (no AHL). Girgensons was in the USHL so he can play in the AHL or NHL.

Edited by MattPie

Drafted from CHL means no AHL until age 20. Drafted from USHL or European Leagues means AHL is okay.

No Zadorov in AHL next year.

They still need a goalie and 2 D returned from Buffalo to make a strong playoff push

@kevinoDandC

The initial word was Chad Ruhwedel was perhaps more likely to rejoin the #Amerks sooner than later, especially compared to Nathan Lieuwen.

@kevinoDandC

And from the Department of It's Your Name: Nicolas Deslauriers said he prefers to go by Nick. That's Nick, not Nic.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Risto did not play in Canadian Juniors, he came up thru Finland (Sweden?).

EDIT: The rule is in place so the Juniors don't get gutted by the AHL (for better or worse). As soon as you end up in CDN Juniors, you're there until the end of the season you turn (19 or 20), you play in the NHL, or your junior team gives you up (rare). Zadorv is in juniors, so (I think) he's Juniors or NHL next year (no AHL). Girgensons was in the USHL so he can play in the AHL or NHL.

Drafted from CHL means no AHL until age 20. Drafted from USHL or European Leagues means AHL is okay.

No Zadorov in AHL next year.

Ah gotcha, thanks for the clarification :thumbsup:

So I'm assuming Zadorov gets another year in juniors while Risto bounces back and forth kind of like he is now. Disappointing that Nikita won't get to play some better competition, but at least Grigs will, and another year in the AHL should give us a better look at Armia

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.