Gerbe on Buyout Waivers

That Aud Smell

Tyler Myers is 23. Maybe not this year, but soon, he is going to fill out and I'm going to be glad he is still a Sabre.

ya it usually happens around puberty. we can wait til he hits that age. how will rolston deal with him liking girls and growing hair in funny places.

My final take on Gerbe:

- played bigger than his size

- never appeared to take a shift off

- willing to hit guys much bigger than himself

- gritty

But

- easy to move off the spot

- seemed to get trapped in own zone a lot

- seemed to have lost his offensive game after back surgery

- was one too many small frames on a team of small frames

I would like to see him play in the NHL, but I suspect it will only be as an AHL injury call up.

My final take on Gerbe:

- played bigger than his size

- never appeared to take a shift off

- willing to hit guys much bigger than himself

- gritty

But

- easy to move off the spot

- seemed to get trapped in own zone a lot

- seemed to have lost his offensive game after back surgery

- was one too many small frames on a team of small frames

I would like to see him play in the NHL, but I suspect it will only be as an AHL injury call up.

Hard to disagree with.

Especially that he was to small a frame on a team of small frames. Doesn't help that the bigger guys played small as well.

• 2 weeks later...

There are three Canes fans in the SAME office?!

No, no... you missed it. He said three of the most ardent Canes fans. That implies there are actually MORE.. these ARE strange days.

Canes aren't bringing Chad LaRose back, so we have a uniform available in Gerbe's size. Let me get on the phone to JR.

My direct line to JR never fails. The minions are in the locker room taking up Rosey's unis as we speak.

The guy is all heart. I hope he finds a niche (it will have to be a small one) to fit in and stick in Raleigh. Muller said he wanted the team to get bigger and tougher to play against, so this makes sense for the Canes.

There are three Canes fans in the SAME office?!

No, no... you missed it. He said three of the most ardent Canes fans. That implies there are actually MORE.. these ARE strange days.

Yeah, I define an ardent Canes fan as one who I've had hockey discussions with during the off season. When the season starts and if the Canes are winning a lot more will come out of the woodwork.

Archived