Gerbe on Buyout Waivers

That Aud Smell

That one seems like kind of a waste. They're burning up a buy out on a relatively cheap contract with only one year remaining. Unless they plan on being near the cap, they were better off sending him to the AHL.

In my elation that he was off the team, I didn't think about this. Kind of a curious decision when you have 2-3 who could be buyout candidates next year.

Regular waivers and a demotion to Roch would have made more sense to me.

They save roughly half his cap hit that way and still retain the two buyouts. If nothing else, this is more proof to never trust the words of any GM.

i don't even know what this means:

45]

Follow
6ubpxhsy6c1xtybjyjkl_normal.png

FWIW, Gerbe is eligible for the 1/3rd buyout and should not be a compliance buyout

https://twitter.com/...460268606984192

It means he will count against the cap for two years, rather than not at all. Still unless we are up against the cap i'm not sure why we are doing this? Just send him to Roch

They save roughly half his cap hit that way and still retain the two buyouts. If nothing else, this is more proof to never trust the words of any GM.

Is this a compliance buyout or a regular buyout?

As for the GM, maybe Darcy asked Gerbe what he'd rather do, play in the AHL or get bought out.

It means he will count against the cap for two years, rather than not at all. Still unless we are up against the cap i'm not sure why we are doing this? Just send him to Roch

Sending him to Roch still counts against the cap in the new CBA.

Is this a compliance buyout or a regular buyout?

As for the GM, maybe Darcy asked Gerbe what he'd rather do, play in the AHL or get bought out.

Sending him to Roch still counts against the cap in the new CBA.

It would count $325K, hardly a back breaker when you have 14mil space. Now it will count at $600K for two years, hence why it was weird

Archived