Gerbe on Buyout Waivers

That Aud Smell

I'd like to see Gerbe succeed elsewhere and shove it in the Sabres face. He was just coming off an involved back surgery. What we have here with the Regier and the Sabres is a dictatorship, an authoratarian regime. I first got a clue at this when Tim Kennedy had the audacity to take the Sabres to arbitration and was s-canned. Darcy loves to push little guys around, big hero that he is.

I loved this quote from Gerbe about confidence before the end of the season which Rolston probably took offence to. Of course, he's absolutely right. If there's a problem with that, you can only get away with the fake boosting of confidence for a short time. Gerbe might make a great coach someday:

“I think confidence is 95 percent of this game. It really is,” said Gerbe, 25. “As an organization you can't squash guys' confidence every single day, and I think you've got to realize that everyone in this room, if they're confident, you're going to have a good team. You guys see a stretch of someone having confidence, and then you see a stretch of someone not having a confidence, and it's a world of difference in a player. It's not a different player, it's confidence in the game. That's so important to each individual. We've got to do a better job of that.

“If a guy's playing well, reward them. If they don't, talk to them. Don't just call them out. Everyone sees it in every sport. Confidence is far beyond anything you can imagine.”

Too bad for Gerbe and Roy for that matter who I believe said something along the same lines. Here's the new assistant coach Sacco saying he will get to know them personally lol. This was in the News yesterday.

Sacco said he signed a multi-year contract, believed to be two years. He said it will be an interesting adjustment going back to being a second-in-command on the bench and serving in a different role with players.

“You want them to know that as a staff, you’re there for them and you’re a resource,” he said. “That’s one of the things we wanted them to understand in Colorado. Beyond the game, you try to personalize relationships with our players.

“As a head coach, there’s obviously more space between you and the players. As an assistant, I can dig in and really know these players more on a one-on-one basis. That excites me because it’s something I haven’t had in a while.”

I read through this whole thread just now and let me say what a waste of time minus seeing everyone's opinions. Love Gerbe's heart and dedication to hockey but he was just taking up a roster spot that can be used by someone else such as Tropp. So we know this is just a regular buy out so that means if he goes unsigned he goes to Rochester or how does this work now? Either way he's done as a Sabre I know that much

I read through this whole thread just now and let me say what a waste of time minus seeing everyone's opinions. Love Gerbe's heart and dedication to hockey but he was just taking up a roster spot that can be used by someone else such as Tropp. So we know this is just a regular buy out so that means if he goes unsigned he goes to Rochester or how does this work now? Either way he's done as a Sabre I know that much

He's bought out. He's a UFA.

What a fun game.

Thanks for posting the video.

This organization is a joke.

Another thing I noticed. It looks to me that Risto, on the biggest day of his hockey career to date, looks like someone just told him his mom was cleaning out the bottom box in his closet back home and turfed out his prized collection of ####.

He does not look that happy to me. Maybe he was hoping to be sellected by a different team.

This is true. He looked very unexcited to be a member of the Buffalo Sabres. Kinda reminds me of when Jim Kelly cried when the Bills drafted him. I was looking at profiles of all the draftees and they listed their favorite teams and players in the NHL. I looked at about 20 of them and only one of them voted for the Sabres as their favorite team. Welcome to Buffalo Ratso, the finest collection of young unexcited talent in the league!

This is true. He looked very unexcited to be a member of the Buffalo Sabres. Kinda reminds me of when Jim Kelly cried when the Bills drafted him. I was looking at profiles of all the draftees and they listed their favorite teams and players in the NHL. I looked at about 20 of them and only one of them voted for the Sabres as their favorite team. Welcome to Buffalo Ratso, the finest collection of young unexcited talent in the league!

Guess that's why Jim Kelly left Buffalo as soon as he could and never looked back.

1/20 > 1/30

Most pro athletes aren't thrilled about coming to Buffalo but they usually hate leaving more.

And for that matter, how much would Ristolainen even know about Buffalo? I doubt he has some active aversion to Buffalo, NY. He probably would have had a similar reaction to most teams. If anything, he was probably bummed that he was going to a city he didn't know anything about.

Canes aren't bringing Chad LaRose back, so we have a uniform available in Gerbe's size. Let me get on the phone to JR.

I know your tongue in cheek here but if Gerbe were 5-6 inches taller (LaRose's height), he'd still be in the NHL.

I know your tongue in cheek here but if Gerbe were 5-6 inches taller (LaRose's height), he'd still be in the NHL.

I didn't realize that there was that much difference. Rosey seems shorter than 5'10". I'm 6'3", so short is a relative term.

GerbeMyersBackpack.jpg

And yet I am fully looking forward to the first time the Sabres play against whichever team picks him up and Gerbs sends the 7 foot tall loser right on his ass. How many times have you seen Myers play like he's Gerbe's size and Gerbe play like he's Myers' size? ... anyways still love that picture :-).

And yet I am fully looking forward to the first time the Sabres play against whichever team picks him up and Gerbs sends the 7 foot tall loser right on his ass. How many times have you seen Myers play like he's Gerbe's size and Gerbe play like he's Myers' size? ... anyways still love that picture :-).

Tyler Myers is 23. Maybe not this year, but soon, he is going to fill out and I'm going to be glad he is still a Sabre.

Will not happen since Myers will never play in the AHL.

Archived