Sabres pick #16 Nikita Zadorov

spndnchz

The ohl is a pro league it is not college with frat parties and the sorrority social. He is also not inculcated with what we would consider normal teenage things. He came to NA to make it to the NHL, and he did. That is where he wants to be and obviously he does not fear the challenge.

Not only does he not fear the challenge, he laughs in the face of it. It's that maturity that has me thinking he can influence the losers on this team far more than the losers can influence him. I heard some "vets" on the team were a little tweaked that the rookies didn't earn their spots; that they didn't "pay their dues" so to speak. That might have merit for some of the other players, but not Zadorov. He showed in camp, pre-season, and in his limited minutes in the regular season, that he's more than up to the challenge and is very capable. If the vets didn't like that, they should have tried out-playing him when they had the chance. They should be embarrassed that an 18 year old, all be it a physically and mentally mature 18 year old, handed them their a$$es.

GO SABRES!!!

I have no issue with Zadorov going back to jrs.

But he knows he isn't getting NHL experience.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/zadorov-is-going-to-have-fun-in-london/

“The NHL is different,” he said. “When you’re playing against Stamkos, St-Louis, Duchene, Corey Perry – you have to stay with those guys pretty tight. Here, maybe it’s different hockey.”

I have no issue with Zadorov going back to jrs.

But he knows he isn't getting NHL experience.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/zadorov-is-going-to-have-fun-in-london/

“The NHL is different,” he said. “When you’re playing against Stamkos, St-Louis, Duchene, Corey Perry – you have to stay with those guys pretty tight. Here, maybe it’s different hockey.”

I think it's a shame he isn't getting to play in the NHL. He's clearly the kind of kid who needs the challenge of playing against the best in order to grow as a player.

The ohl is a pro league it is not college with frat parties and the sorrority social. He is also not inculcated with what we would consider normal teenage things. He came to NA to make it to the NHL, and he did. That is where he wants to be and obviously he does not fear the challenge.

Still glad he is in the OHL this year.

I think it's a shame he isn't getting to play in the NHL. He's clearly the kind of kid who needs the challenge of playing against the best in order to grow as a player.

I agree. I don't think he's really going to grow much more in the OHL. I believe that his drive is increased with the bigger the challenge in front of him. The kid has a lot of potential. He should be up here. He was getting 17 minutes a night before. Keep feeding him minutes. He's better than McBain at the very least.

I agree. I don't think he's really going to grow much more in the OHL. I believe that his drive is increased with the bigger the challenge in front of him. The kid has a lot of potential. He should be up here. He was getting 17 minutes a night before. Keep feeding him minutes. He's better than McBain at the very least.

what does it matter if he was getting 17 minutes a game if he was then spending the next few games as a healthy scratch? He needs to develop the rest of his game in a league where he can take chances and that was not the NHL. If he comes into camp next year bigger and more confident then I can see him getting a roster spot.

what does it matter if he was getting 17 minutes a game if he was then spending the next few games as a healthy scratch? He needs to develop the rest of his game in a league where he can take chances and that was not the NHL. If he comes into camp next year bigger and more confident then I can see him getting a roster spot.

He shouldn't be getting healthy scratched in the NHL. That's the point. He should be in sole possession of a roster spot over any of the shlubs we're currently icing.

Room should have been made.

A rookies success depends greatly on the other players' production. If team is winning, or even just scoring more. a rookie can look and say "If I make a mistake, my team can help me out of it" and that leads to them finding their actual nhl role. How the team is now, all these rookies are getting is a share of crap. Get these kids together in Roc. playing like a team with less pressure. And when the time comes and they start coming up they'll have that confidence and trust in one another.

Zadorov adapts quickly in his return to OHL

Buffalo, NY is just over 230 kilometres away from London, ON — but the distance between the OHL and the NHL is far greater. But when the Buffalo Sabres decided to return 6’5 blueliner Nikita Zadorov to the junior league’s Knights, London’s dreams of a Memorial Cup win just got a whole lot closer to reality.

For Zadorov, the sting of being such a late cut from the NHL has been tempered by his affection for London and its hometown Knights.

“It’s hard. For sure I want to play in the best league in the world, but you just have to keep going and keep working,” he said. “I’m happy because I’m back here in London — it’s probably one of the best places to play junior hockey. I like London a lot, everybody here in the organization and the fans. I’m happy to play here.

“You know, you just have to try to win every game, go and try to win the Memorial Cup, and everything’s going to be fine coming back next year in Buffalo.”

He's hard not to like

I really believe he will be one of the best sabres of all time by the time his career ends....... of course I was sold on Myers early and i had a 3 game thing there for MAG and then there was that brief time mid season where McNabb was some wierd mutation of Ramsey and Zhitnik........

I really believe he will be one of the best sabres of all time by the time his career ends....... of course I was sold on Myers early and i had a 3 game thing there for MAG and then there was that brief time mid season where McNabb was some wierd mutation of Ramsey and Zhitnik........

Despite your track record, I agree with you. His poise is beyond his years and he has that "it" factor we haven't had on this team since Chris Drury. If you wanted a Chris Pronger type, you're going to get it from a big Russian kid named Nikita.

He'll probably leave to play in the KHL within 24 months

Archived