Trades of Summer 2013

spndnchz

Dude, chill. We get it, you hate Darcy. You don't need to remind us every 10 minutes. We're all passionate about our team, but don't you think you're laying it on a little thick? You gotta draw the line somewhere.

There are some fans out there, one in particular, who can't think of a single thing Darcy Regier has ever done wrong.

I'm just trying to help him -- errrrrrr, them -- out.

IMO DR has the summer to do something. We were warned of suffering. So lets commit to taking chances. Miller, Vanek and Stafford out the door. Maybe Ennis and Myers too. We have to pick one direction. Either use these guys to gain something or rebuild around them. Cant have it both ways or we will end up where we are now.

Maybe if we get someone with first line skill Vanek wouldn't mind sticking it out through a rebuild.

Man the idiots are really out tonight. I think I'm going to take a break from this forum for a while.

Not seeing it. DOES THAT MAKE ME ONE OF THE IDOITS?

We have to hope it's BS because if it's true, there's a zero percent chance that the guys running our team will ever win the Stanley Cup.

Give this man a prize. Here's an over-sized iron hammer! Beat yourself on the head whilst saying "I love the Sabres!" over and over again.

No. The Sabres need a franchise player and they still don't have one.

Lindholm could have been the guy, but apparently we balked at Sekera and #8 for #5. Regier choked under pressure. Again.

It's funny, the team that drafted Lindholm was willing to give up the opportunity to draft him for Sekera.

I'm too lazy to search through twitter, but the Canes' beat reporter (who apparently is very credible) reported it, and Rutherford later confirmed it. So either you take that at face value, or you go the Shrader route and think it's a bunch of BS.

Devine said in his post draft interview that it would have cost them #38 to move up to #5, so perhaps Rutherford isn't telling the whole story.

Is Compher that "franchise player" the Sabres need?

Place your bets.

Compher is billed as an extremely hard working 2-way guy in the mold of Ryan Callahan. He may not be the player we deserve but he's the one we need right now. (Well 2-3years from now)

Also if I understand Devine correctly that trade would be Sekera, Compher (we don't get pick 35), Ristolianen (no #8) and Connor Hurley (we also trade #38) for Elias Lindholm. That is actually what the swing would have been.

So you could do Sekera = McBain and Compher

OR

Sekera, #38-Hurley, #8-Ristolainen, Technically #35-Compher (trade can't happen) = #5

Well at least that is the way I technically look at it.

Is Compher that "franchise player" the Sabres need?

Place your bets.

Compher was taken at #35, so you could say that trade would have cost them Compher and Hurley.

From the same interview it sounds like they're pretty high on Compher as he said they were attempting to move up by using pick #38 and #52 to trade for him. In the end it cost them Sekera.

It was an extremely deep draft and he was a guy they had rated as a 1st round prospect, I'd be curious to know how he would grade compared to Girgensons.

Compher was taken at #35, so you could say that trade would have cost them Compher and Hurley.

From the same interview it sounds like they're pretty high on Compher as he said they were attempting to move up by using pick #38 and #52 to trade for him. In the end it cost them Sekera.

It was an extremely deep draft and he was a guy they had rated as a 1st round prospect, I'd be curious to know how he would grade compared to Girgensons.

Just going back and looking at the rankings it looks like Zemgus was pegged to go anywhere from 13-24 so middle of round 1 where as compher was pegged to go 21-35 or late first round early second. I would guess Zemgus is a level above Compher.

Just going back and looking at the rankings it looks like Zemgus was pegged to go anywhere from 13-24 so middle of round 1 where as compher was pegged to go 21-35 or late first round early second. I would guess Zemgus is a level above Compher

Different drafts. This one was far deeper.

Zemgus had 55pts in 49gp in the USHL

Compher had 24pts in 21gp in the USHL

That is according to Elite Prospects

numbers wise they look close. its probably going to take a few years but it would be cool if the drafted guys from the last couple of years actually panned out.

you know what I cant wrap my head around is. why give Crosby such a huge contract? im in no way arguing his skill. I mean another head shot and its a penguin funeral. or with Richards, parise and suter. all good players but that's a lot of eggs to put in one basket. maybe not so much richards

you know what I cant wrap my head around is. why give Crosby such a huge contract? im in no way arguing his skill. I mean another head shot and its a penguin funeral. or with Richards, parise and suter. all good players but that's a lot of eggs to put in one basket. maybe not so much richards

They couldn't risk having Sid walk, ever. If he gets popped and goes loopy, they wouldn't get hamstrung because they'd just put him on Long Term Injured Reserve like Philly did with Pronger. His deal is not insured against concussions, so they would be out the boatload of cash, but hell... the franchise owes him a lot more than money anyway.

Seguin and Peverley to Dallas for Erikkson and some pieces. Big trade.

Boston gets the Stars first round pick in next year's draft as well.

While everyone in our division gets better by leaps and bounds, we sit on our hands and stand pat..... nothing new there.....

While I agree with your point, now isn't the time for us to be trying to match other teams' moves. We should be moving some players away, but not worried about getting better in the short term... Just the long term.

Archived