Trades of Summer 2013

spndnchz

Twitter is not quiet, lots of trade rumors swirling and this...

Allan Walsh@walsha 13m

Just got off the phone with an NHL executive. "Never heard so much trade chatter, overwhelming how many guys are in play."

I'm kind of depressed that the pessimism in me with sports has gone far enough to stop me from getting excited by any of this. I'm super excited for the draft to see where some of these kids go and who Buffalo gets, but I just get the feeling not much will happen. Strong chance I'm wrong.

Guest Sloth

I'm kind of depressed that the pessimism in me with sports has gone far enough to stop me from getting excited by any of this. I'm super excited for the draft to see where some of these kids go and who Buffalo gets, but I just get the feeling not much will happen. Strong chance I'm wrong.

You're a young Buffalo sports fan. Welcome to the club. I'm 32, but already dreading/looking forward to the years ahead. Go Sabres/Bills!

Yep you read it right, impotent GM. Congrats to you. Now I wasn't looking for DR to openly say he is targeting such and such player. What I a was referring to is the fact anyone can google search the activity throughout the league. His comments are almost an insult to basic human intelligence. If the market for FA and trades reflected his comment, then o.k. I would then take issue with the lack of market which would be just a whine session. Like last years FA market. Now if there was wide spread rumors of him going for a specific player then I understand something along the lines of "he is one of many options" or "we are actually trying to fill a gap that he doesn't fit into". Like Col and Seth Jones. Will they actually draft him? Bottom line is if you are going to lie for a purpose, make it a plausible one. Don't pee down my back and tell me its raining. There is also a history here. How many times have we hoped for a needed player change without it happening? For the longest time we were told no market or not the right return. Then we start hearing rumblings that DR overvalues players to the extent it becomes hard to find a trade partner. So I guess what Im trying to say here is a GM with maybe not a great reputation making that comment is indicative of nobody wants to work with him. I guess we shall see.

I get it. You hate DR. But spare us the elaborate explanations because they are laughable.

Yeah, Darcy overvalues his players. Like when he holds out for a #1 for Paul Gausted. What a dope! Or like getting a one, a two and two prospects for Pommers. Seriously, where does Darcy get off thinking he can make deals like that? He should just take the first offer he gets and move on.

Ponderous. :doh:

PTR

I get it. You hate DR. But spare us the elaborate explanations because they are laughable.

Yeah, Darcy overvalues his players. Like when he holds out for a #1 for Paul Gausted. What a dope! Or like getting a one, a two and two prospects for Pommers. Seriously, where does Darcy get off thinking he can make deals like that? He should just take the first offer he gets and move on.

PTR

whats laughable are online personalities. like insulting someone while using the anonymity of a computer to hide behind. I agree I went on a rant. did I ever come at you like that? I don't down right hate him. I just think he is not up to the task in this situation.

Sports Insider@SportsInsider23 2h

Things are heating up between the #sabres and #oilers, they are pursuing a trade to swap the #7 and #8 picks

Sports Insider@SportsInsider23 13h

Miller to the #Flyers is getting closer and closer as draft day approaches, expect a first and a well known prospect coming back #sabres

***Note: That twitter account seems to be fairly reliable. Mentioned the Bills trading back to 16 or 17 to draft Manuel...... Also mentioned Pominville being shopped to Western teams before trade. Had Jagr being traded to Bruins, Clowe to NYR.

So..... Stafford and 8th for ________ and 7th?

Miller +? for 1st (2013?), Couturier/B.Schenn ?

Chz mentioned something dealing with Stafford, Horcoff 7 and 8 among others earlier.

I can't describe how much I loathe all of this talk. None of these dumb ass rumors are going to.com true yet individuals here create ######in websites completely dedicated to this fiction. Get a girlfriend or something. None of yourself up BS is going to happen. You are trying to predict the future of 15 year olds.

Proposals :

To Edmonton: (8th), Stafford

To Buffalo: (7th), Horcoff

To Philadelphia: Miller, Sekera

To Buffalo: Couturier, (11th)

To Calgary: Vanek, Catenacci, (16th)

To Buffalo: Cammalleri, (6th), (22nd), (28th)

Buffalo now has picks # 6,7,11,22,28

To Tampa Bay: Myers, (7th), (22nd)

To Buffalo: 3rd Overall

To Florida: Hodgson, Luke Adam, Tim Schaller, Andrey Makarov, (6th), (11th)

To Buffalo: 2nd Overall

In: Horcoff, Couturier, Cammalleri, 28th(Defense), 3rd Overall (A. Barkov) 2nd Overall (J. Drouin)

Out: Stafford, Miller, Sekera, Vanek, Catenacci, Myers, Hodgson, Adam, Schaller, Makarov,

(Picks moved #'s 6,7,8,11,16, 22)

#Suffering?

Cammalleri Grigorenko Drouin

Leino Barkov Armia

Ott Couturier Girgensons..... !!!!!

Horcoff etc, etc,

Hoff Pysyk

McNabb Weber

Ruhwedel Sulzer

Enroth (Help Me!!! my D sucks)

I can't describe how much I loathe all of this talk. None of these dumb ass rumors are going to.com true yet individuals here create ######in websites completely dedicated to this fiction. Get a girlfriend or something. None of yourself up BS is going to happen. You are trying to predict the future of 15 year olds.

:worthy:

Proposals :

To Edmonton: (8th), Stafford

To Buffalo: (7th), Horcoff

To Philadelphia: Miller, Sekera

To Buffalo: Couturier, (11th)

To Calgary: Vanek, Catenacci, (16th)

To Buffalo: Cammalleri, (6th), (22nd), (28th)

Buffalo now has picks # 6,7,11,22,28

To Tampa Bay: Myers, (7th), (22nd)

To Buffalo: 3rd Overall

To Florida: Hodgson, Luke Adam, Tim Schaller, Andrey Makarov, (6th), (11th)

To Buffalo: 2nd Overall

In: Horcoff, Couturier, Cammalleri, 28th(Defense), 3rd Overall (A. Barkov) 2nd Overall (J. Drouin)

Out: Stafford, Miller, Sekera, Vanek, Catenacci, Myers, Hodgson, Adam, Schaller, Makarov,

(Picks moved #'s 6,7,8,11,16, 22)

#Suffering?

Cammalleri Grigorenko Drouin

Leino Barkov Armia

Ott Couturier Girgensons..... !!!!!

Horcoff etc, etc,

Hoff Pysyk

McNabb Weber

Ruhwedel Sulzer

Enroth (Help Me!!! my D sucks)

If they stopped after the Vanek trade and had all of those picks I'd be thrilled.

Sports Insider@SportsInsider23 2h

Things are heating up between the #sabres and #oilers, they are pursuing a trade to swap the #7 and #8 picks

Sports Insider@SportsInsider23 13h

Miller to the #Flyers is getting closer and closer as draft day approaches, expect a first and a well known prospect coming back #sabres

***Note: That twitter account seems to be fairly reliable. Mentioned the Bills trading back to 16 or 17 to draft Manuel...... Also mentioned Pominville being shopped to Western teams before trade. Had Jagr being traded to Bruins, Clowe to NYR.

So..... Stafford and 8th for ________ and 7th?

Miller +? for 1st (2013?), Couturier/B.Schenn ?

Chz mentioned something dealing with Stafford, Horcoff 7 and 8 among others earlier.

Nice find. Interesting and if the returns are good, LEROY JENKINS!!!

PTR

Again, what has all that added up to?

Just think, it's only going to get worse if Vanek and Miller don't get moved today :lol:

Can we get back to talking about wrestling? All these members tearing at each other seems kind of off topic. :)

This forum sure did a good job with Hayden Panatierre.......

Who's that? A wrestling manager ala Bobby "The Brain" Heenan or Jimmy "Mouth of the South" Hart? :)

Archived