Trades of Summer 2013

spndnchz

A great trade for the Sens. A power play with Ryan, Spezza and Karlsson, on paper, looks as good as any combo in the league.

I think it sounds better than it may be. I don't think Ryan comes close to replacing what Alfredson does on the PP.

And losing Gonchar on the PP hurts too. I think it is a net loss.

I think it sounds better than it may be. I don't think Ryan comes close to replacing what Alfredson does on the PP.

And losing Gonchar on the PP hurts too. I think it is a net loss.

I'd say having a healthy Karlsson more than offsets the loss of Gonchar, no?

I'd say having a healthy Karlsson more than offsets the loss of Gonchar, no?

That can't hurt. But, Spezza and Karlsson were already on the roster.

Alfredson's time was nearly up of course.

Can't fault the move. I just don't know if they are a better team for the moves they made this year.

That can't hurt. But, Spezza and Karlsson were already on the roster.

Alfredson's time was nearly up of course.

Can't fault the move. I just don't know if they are a better team for the moves they made this year.

They were in the roster but barely played. I don't think you can just downplay that.

fair enough. But strictly speaking neither was an off-season move.

They lost a 63 year old Alf, and picked up Ryan and MacArthur. They lost 52 year old Gonchar. They improved.

Giving up those prospects and the pick may hurt a little, long term.

What, you have a problem with applying the Sabres' logic regarding the Connolly extension? :P

Hey, I think you've coined a new phrase - "Sabre logic". It can be used whenever any person or organization does something that just doesn't seem to make sense. You know, like "I wonder how a beautiful woman like her wound up married to a dude like that?" Answer? "Sabre logic." I like it...

http://prohockeytalk...a-trade-or-two/

Don't put the phone down until a deal is done Darcy....

Going through a rebuild, you're not likely to trade away your young players to acquire vets. While Stewart and Perron might be 25, which isn't old, I don't think we should be moving what it will take to get them.

I could get behind a deal sending Vanek their way for something like Chris Stewart a prospect and a pick, but that doesn't help STL's cap situation.

Going through a rebuild, you're not likely to trade away your young players to acquire vets. While Stewart and Perron might be 25, which isn't old, I don't think we should be moving what it will take to get them.

I could get behind a deal sending Vanek their way for something like Chris Stewart a prospect and a pick, but that doesn't help STL's cap situation.

Sending Miller and paying half his salary is what I was thinking. I am sure they can throw some other things our way too...

I like a deal in which we get Stewart, Halak, and a pick for Miller (and maybe Stafford). Considering what's out there, this is not a bad deal IMO.

Is that a deal a rebuilding team makes? No, not really. Unless we flip Halak elsewhere.

I understand the idea that not every player on the team needs to be a prospect, but it'd be a waste if we didn't at least give Enroth a SHOT at being a number one.

Is that a deal a rebuilding team makes? No, not really. Unless we flip Halak elsewhere.

I understand the idea that not every player on the team needs to be a prospect, but it'd be a waste if we didn't at least give Enroth a SHOT at being a number one.

Regardless of our intentions for Enroth, we'd have to take the goalie from the Blues to solve the roster/cap trouble. Plus Halak's contract ends after this year. He and Enroth split the time, and if Enroth plays well enough; we let Halak go/ trade him at the deadline.

I think it is because Stewart (25) could be part of our rebuild and the pick as well. Plus Halak could mentor Enroth for one season, splitting the load to around 55-60% for Halak. See if Enroth can handle 40-45% and then decide what to do with Halak after this season.

Archived