Trades of Summer 2013

spndnchz

I asked my dog and he doesn't believe any thing is in the works and would like some kibble.

For weeks we have been having fun going through different scenarios and trade possibilities with one major aspect missing from our logic. Darcy Regier is still the GM of the Buffalo Sabres. This is the time where that reality is going to punch Sabre fans in the face. As I hear about more teams and players possibly being involved that only leads me to believe that Regier and his slow deliberate style is going to left on the outside looking in yet again. Come Monday afternoon Regier will be holding a press conference talking about how the trade market was difficult to read while other teams around the Sabres get better. I hope I am wrong as could be, the past 17 years would say that isn't likely.

In fairness to Regier, nobody has really done anything yet. I share your concerns, but I'm not going to get all bent out of shape when literally nothing has happened yet.

In fairness to Regier, nobody has really done anything yet. I share your concerns, but I'm not going to get all bent out of shape when literally nothing has happened yet.

Actually, saying nothing has happened isn't true. Colorado and Calgary have made a trade this week and there were some other moves, either minor trades, buyouts or re-signings. But yes, nothing substantial has happened from the Sabres camp as of yet, they may wait until the actual draft.

I asked my dog and he doesn't believe any thing is in the works and would like some kibble.

For weeks we have been having fun going through different scenarios and trade possibilities with one major aspect missing from our logic. Darcy Regier is still the GM of the Buffalo Sabres. This is the time where that reality is going to punch Sabre fans in the face. As I hear about more teams and players possibly being involved that only leads me to believe that Regier and his slow deliberate style is going to left on the outside looking in yet again. Come Monday afternoon Regier will be holding a press conference talking about how the trade market was difficult to read while other teams around the Sabres get better. I hope I am wrong as could be, the past 17 years would say that isn't likely.

He did warn us of suffering. Maybe it is self induced suffering by hoping some changes happen. Its still fun to consider potential moves though. Who knows, maybe something big involving the Sabres is on the horizon.

If it's on the internet it must be true.

bonjour

Chz sounded like something was on the table earlier.

Others are hoping that is the case. I'd be shocked if Buffalo just stood pat, made no moves at all before the draft or at it and picked at 8 and 16. More support players we don't need in my opinion, we need franchise players.

chz was reading twitter posts lol

https://twitter.com/SabresFront

what is on the table right now is .............................. more suffering..lol

we have to give away our best players so that we can spend the next five years trying to find ,acquire or develop players as good as they were when we traded them.

Actually, saying nothing has happened isn't true. Colorado and Calgary have made a trade this week and there were some other moves, either minor trades, buyouts or re-signings. But yes, nothing substantial has happened from the Sabres camp as of yet, they may wait until the actual draft.

Swapping a bunch of crappy nobodies and/or overpaid crappy nobodies is the functional equivalent of nothing.

what is on the table right now is .............................. more suffering..lol

we have to give away our best players so that we can spend the next five years trying to find ,acquire or develop players as good as they were when we traded them.

:clapping:

and sadly

:blink:

Or, considering the time of those tweets, that crappy twitter account was reading these forums ;)

in an interview with vogl, darcy says there is currently no trade market. he has to be the most impotent gm in the history of the nhl. search the internet darcy! just because no other gm respects you doesn't mean there is no market.

My god, man. Get a grip. Did you expect DR to tip his hand to Vogl? Do you know why we have had 2 1st rd picks the last two drafts? Our "impotent" GM!

PTR

Guest Sloth

My god, man. Get a grip. Did you expect DR to tip his hand to Vogl? Do you know why we have had 2 1st rd picks the last two drafts? Our "impotent" GM!

PTR

Couldn't agree more. As much as people bash Darcy, he does well in the trade department. I wouldn't play the guy in a game of Texas hold em'.

PTR

Couldn't agree more. As much as people bash Darcy, he does well in the trade department. I wouldn't play the guy in a game of Texas hold em'.

How many times have Regier teams made the playoffs the last eleven years? Don't tell me about trades or #1 picks until they lead to something meaningful.

PTR

Yep you read it right, impotent GM. Congrats to you. Now I wasn't looking for DR to openly say he is targeting such and such player. What I a was referring to is the fact anyone can google search the activity throughout the league. His comments are almost an insult to basic human intelligence. If the market for FA and trades reflected his comment, then o.k. I would then take issue with the lack of market which would be just a whine session. Like last years FA market. Now if there was wide spread rumors of him going for a specific player then I understand something along the lines of "he is one of many options" or "we are actually trying to fill a gap that he doesn't fit into". Like Col and Seth Jones. Will they actually draft him? Bottom line is if you are going to lie for a purpose, make it a plausible one. Don't pee down my back and tell me its raining. There is also a history here. How many times have we hoped for a needed player change without it happening? For the longest time we were told no market or not the right return. Then we start hearing rumblings that DR overvalues players to the extent it becomes hard to find a trade partner. So I guess what Im trying to say here is a GM with maybe not a great reputation making that comment is indicative of nobody wants to work with him. I guess we shall see.

in an interview with vogl, darcy says there is currently no trade market. he has to be the most impotent gm in the history of the nhl. search the internet darcy! just because no other gm respects you doesn't mean there is no market.

I PRAY each and every night that my favorite team's GM never looks at the internet when assessing what to do with his franchise.

bonjour

Or, considering the time of those tweets, that crappy twitter account was reading these forums ;)

We have a winner.

as in 3.44 vrs 3.58 lol

More like hours.

CHZ out. Have fun.

I also understand that the context of statements can be skewed for bias. However since I have never met either person to gain a personality baseline, all I can go off is historical documentation of our GM. I don't know what will happen tomorrow but I am uneasy about walking away from draft day with just two picks with things heating up around the league.

And lets look at how well DR drafts, trades and builds. How many cups have we won? 6mil or so/year for Leino. Keeping Timmy for so long. Afinogenov. Just because we bring up guys from Rochester at the cyclic rate doesn't mean teams like Chi, Pitt, Bos and the likes would bring them up. You know who likes AHL call ups? Teams like Edm. Lets look at work environment. "Be prepared to suffer". This brings me back to the message he sends out. Lie about the obvious market. Openly tell the fans we will suck for the foreseeable future. I would love to play Texas hold em with DR.

Yep you read it right, impotent GM. Congrats to you. Now I wasn't looking for DR to openly say he is targeting such and such player. What I a was referring to is the fact anyone can google search the activity throughout the league. His comments are almost an insult to basic human intelligence. If the market for FA and trades reflected his comment, then o.k. I would then take issue with the lack of market which would be just a whine session. Like last years FA market. Now if there was wide spread rumors of him going for a specific player then I understand something along the lines of "he is one of many options" or "we are actually trying to fill a gap that he doesn't fit into". Like Col and Seth Jones. Will they actually draft him? Bottom line is if you are going to lie for a purpose, make it a plausible one. Don't pee down my back and tell me its raining. There is also a history here. How many times have we hoped for a needed player change without it happening? For the longest time we were told no market or not the right return. Then we start hearing rumblings that DR overvalues players to the extent it becomes hard to find a trade partner. So I guess what Im trying to say here is a GM with maybe not a great reputation making that comment is indicative of nobody wants to work with him. I guess we shall see.

Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

Twitter is q.u.i.e.t.

Very!

Archived