Trades of Summer 2013

spndnchz

Temporary idiocy. My bad. Somehow I mentally crossed Vanek with Miller in LeBrun's tweet. I should go eat something.

Ah gotcha. I think you're onto it though...between the Ryan, Nash and Gaborik deals in the last year, you'd have to think the parameters have been set for a Vanek deal.

So how soon will the Sabres trade Miller and or Vanek or does free agency dust need to settle down or as I suspect has Darcy screwed the pooch already and the Sabres are going to lose Miller to free agency next year no matter what??

If either makes it to free agency Pegula should fire Darcy on the spot for greater incompetence than the Drury/Briere era debacle. It is looking like deja vu all over again....

Just playing along here, do either of those player excite anyone other than WarriorSpikes?

Brodin is a really good young player, but why would we trade for a (very) young defenseman after drafting two in the first round? Doesn't make sense.

I've always been in the "resign Vanek, trade Miller" camp only because I think Vanek has rare goal scoring talent that can't easily be replaced. But, I'm sure both players can't wait to get the hell out of Buffalo!

If this is true, how in the hell did we get to this point?

Archived