Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

I can't express how much I hate the new divisions. Not just the Metropolitan name but the concept of putting eight teams in a division and saying you're trying to emphasize rivalries. Might as well just have two conferences and forget the divisions.

I am wondering why no professional league has done this.

If only we knew of a team that had defenders available to trade them...

Indeed. In fact I think right now is the time the Sabres should be finding a team that wants exclusive negotiating rights with Miller. If there is a team that is going to go after him next year then perhaps they can facilitate the goalie trade to Edmonton and take Miller (contingent on contract extension, or not I suppose). The Sabres can basically work a three-way trade to send a D to Edmonton and perhaps get some picks/prospects from Miller's preferred team along with something from Edmonton.

That's the best hope I see at this point if it's true that Miller blackballed all Canadian teams (which won't make him real popular in Canada I am thinking).

Indeed. In fact I think right now is the time the Sabres should be finding a team that wants exclusive negotiating rights with Miller. If there is a team that is going to go after him next year then perhaps they can facilitate the goalie trade to Edmonton and take Miller (contingent on contract extension, or not I suppose). The Sabres can basically work a three-way trade to send a D to Edmonton and perhaps get some picks/prospects from Miller's preferred team along with something from Edmonton.

That's the best hope I see at this point if it's true that Miller blackballed all Canadian teams (which won't make him real popular in Canada I am thinking).

Outside of Edmonton and maybe Winnepeg, how many Canadian teams are looking for a goalie right now? Montreal has Price, theres an article on TSN talking about the Leafs having the best tandem in the NHL outside of Colorado, The Canucks have Lou, the Sens are good, the Flames don't have a big name but have been doing fine so far with their rebuild this offseason. Edmonton and Winnepeg are probably 2 of the locations on most players No Trade Lists, they are not attractive places to sign in Canada. A 3-way deal could be worked out with Buffalo sending Miller to a team like Philly, and maybe Myers (I hope) or Ehrhoff to Edmonton, and Philly then sending maybe mason to Edmonton, although I'm sure they want someone more established right now and not another "potential" goalie. If you want to start looking at 3-way deals, I would try to work something out with Pittsburgh, with Miller going there, and Fleury being sent to Edmonton.

I got this via Deadspin, and it slays me for a number of reasons (not the least of which was noted by Deadspin: What's up with being able to print "######" in that context in a newspaper?):

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/10/10/canucks-vs-hertl-gameday-what-we-learned/

Joe Thornton would unzip his pants if he scored four goals

Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said:

“Shut up, have you ever played the game?”

When the press turned his way, he then added:

“I’d have my ###### out if I scored four goals. I’d have my ###### out, stroking it.”

OK, then.

EDIT: Ha! The filters here omitted what The Province printed (online)! The word was "C0ck".

Edited by That Aud Smell

I got this via Deadspin, and it slays me for a number of reasons (not the least of which was noted by Deadspin: What's up with being able to print "######" in that context in a newspaper?):

http://blogs.theprov...hat-we-learned/

Joe Thornton would unzip his pants if he scored four goals

Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said:

“Shut up, have you ever played the game?”

When the press turned his way, he then added:

“I’d have my ###### out if I scored four goals. I’d have my ###### out, stroking it.”

OK, then.

EDIT: Ha! The filters here omitted what The Province printed (online)! The word was "C0ck".

Just picking up on that now? That was 20 days ago. Was all over the place.

2nd degree kidnapping and 3rd degree assault. If this goes through he's done.

I'm betting $50 the charges are way trumped up. Doing no research that is. Don't know the guy at all and he could be a total scumbag, but in my experience these charges rarely tell any of the story, they hardly ever stick and are either dismissed or severely reduced.

Edit: But hey, I could be way off and I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Edited by ubkev

The instigator rule is quite possibly the most egregious rule in all of sportsdom. Ashton boards a Calgary player, someone does what they should to let him know, and it ends in a 5 on 5 (there was no PP like NBCSN reported).

It has to go.

The instigator rule is quite possibly the most egregious rule in all of sportsdom. Ashton boards a Calgary player, someone does what they should to let him know, and it ends in a 5 on 5 (there was no PP like NBCSN reported).

It has to go.

For a hippie, you sure do like your violence. :P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.