Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

For a hippie, you sure do like your violence. :P

In the end, it's about justice (which dirty hippies love). There is no justice when a guy gets only 2 min for a dangerous boarding play. It's not like guys fight after a slash or trip or high stick. When they see a dangerous play, that guy needs to know that he is going to pay more than a 2 min penalty. HE MUST PAY WITH HIS BLOOD! For it to end with a 5 on 5 just teaches guys that if they are going to board someone, make it really bad because you know the other team is going to even it up and you won't hurt your team.

How can you be a Sabre watching this Penguins game and not instantly grasp the difference between legit competitive teams and themselves? The intensity difference is striking,

I'm jealous.

That's why I found nothing wrong with the Vanek comment about the Isles/Rags game yesterday.

Edited by SwampD

In the end, it's about justice (which dirty hippies love). There is no justice when a guy gets only 2 min for a dangerous boarding play. It's not like guys fight after a slash or trip or high stick. When they see a dangerous play, that guy needs to know that he is going to pay more than a 2 min penalty. HE MUST PAY WITH HIS BLOOD! For it to end with a 5 on 5 just teaches guys that if they are going to board someone, make it really bad because you know the other team is going to even it up and you won't hurt your team.

That's why I found nothing wrong with the Vanek comment about the Isles/Rags game yesterday.

LOL it took you 16 minutes after your reply to come up with the words to explain the violence-loving hippe rationale. I don't know what that means but it's funny to me nonetheless. :lol:

I'm betting $50 the charges are way trumped up. Doing no research that is. Don't know the guy at all and he could be a total scumbag, but in my experience these charges rarely tell any of the story, they hardly ever stick and are either dismissed or severely reduced.

Edit: But hey, I could be way off and I wouldn't be surprised either way.

His agent would agree with you

Says he is innocent and that the charges are part of a conspiracy to keep Russia from winning the gold i Socchi

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=435504

@Avalanche: The #Avalanche has acquired Maxime Talbot from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for Steve Downie

@mirtle

Joe Sakic on Downie for Talbot trade with Flyers: "Maxime is a veteran forward who has won a Stanley Cup and has a lot of NHL experience."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The Avs maybe trying to open up a little more cap space for a trade for a goalie?

They already had 12 million. This is an unrelated move.

Varlmaov gets 5,000 bail and is given permission to travel. Will reappear in court but currently has a restraining order in place so he can't go near the girlfriend.

She should attend all of the Avs games and sit near the bench.

Not that domestic violence is funny, but…

:w00t:

Yea, I wasn't making light of the situation. I was being semi-serious with the obvious knowledge that nobody would ever do that. If he truly did this then he doesn't deserve to touch ice again, and that'd be the only way to stop it. I do assume that Giggy will start against Dallas just to give Varlamov time to clear his head, but he'll play while the process goes on.

@Avalanche: The #Avalanche has acquired Maxime Talbot from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for Steve Downie

@mirtle

Joe Sakic on Downie for Talbot trade with Flyers: "Maxime is a veteran forward who has won a Stanley Cup and has a lot of NHL experience."

Dammit. I just picked Downie up for my fantasy team the other day. He was playing on a line with Duchene and O'Reilly. there goes that idea.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.