Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

It just gets funnier. The announcers in this clip are so proud of the Flyers for "leaving it all out on the ice."

http://youtu.be/JAxCoA6u0os

It really is unbelievable. When the Sabres do it, their coach gets fined,… twice. When it's the Flyers, they are "lighting a fire".

Let's see you spin this Deluca.

In the Toronto - Vancouver game, Burrows convinced Kessel to drop the gloves... Kessel grabbed Burrows then dragged both of them to the ice. Weak. Looked to me like Kessel wanted no part of Burrows!

Mmmm. Not sure, It looked to me like Burrows threw Kessel to the ice.

So where is the media backlash on Burrows for going after a star ?

It really is unbelievable. When the Sabres do it, their coach gets fined,… twice. When it's the Flyers, they are "lighting a fire".

Let's see you spin this Deluca.

Not sure when you lost your ability to read. I've already said that Emery should be facing secondary discipline. It was very uncomfortable watching Emery go after Holtby. Unless, your somehow trying to tie what Simmonds did to John Scott going after a star players head from the blindside. I'm sure your not, that would be very embarrassing.

In the Toronto - Vancouver game, Burrows convinced Kessel to drop the gloves... Kessel grabbed Burrows then dragged both of them to the ice. Weak. Looked to me like Kessel wanted no part of Burrows!

Let's see if Burrows gets a warning. (He won't.)

Kessel went after Burrows and they fell to the ice. If Kessel "wanted no part" he would have skated away.

Kessel went after Burrows and they fell to the ice. If Kessel "wanted no part" he would have skated away.

He went after John Scott, too. Guess which one got warned, and the incident held against him? Guess which one got a preseason vacation?

Not sure when you lost your ability to read. I've already said that Emery should be facing secondary discipline. It was very uncomfortable watching Emery go after Holtby. Unless, your somehow trying to tie what Simmonds did to John Scott going after a star players head from the blindside. I'm sure your not, that would be very embarrassing.

I was talking more about you thinking there is not a Buffalo bias by the NHL (whether it's conscious or not).

If that was Buffalo, our coach would be fined. We know this because it actually happened. Will Philly's coach be fined and do you think he should be?

Edited by SwampD

I was talking more about you thinking there is not a Buffalo bias by the NHL (whether it's conscious or not).

If that was Buffalo, our coach would be fined. We know this because it actually happened. Will Philly's coach be fined and do you think he should be?

Has anyone stopped to ask why there would be a biased against the Sabres? What would be the point? Though, it could explain why Regier is still GM, the NHL won't allow the Sabres to fire him.

There is a Grand Canyon sized difference between John Scott and Burrows. I know you know that already.

And there's no difference, to the tree, when the lumberjack wants to cut down a sapling or when he wants to cut down an old oak. I know you know that, too. Kessel wants to start some, he'll get some. But on a MFT, he'll not get suspended in any meaningful manner for his slashes.

Has anyone stopped to ask why there would be a biased against the Sabres? What would be the point? Though, it could explain why Regier is still GM, the NHL won't allow the Sabres to fire him.

If you don't want to answer the question, just say so.

I agree. There is no bias against Buffalo. There are Most Favored Teams, but I don't believe Philly to be one of them; rather, I think there's a "it's just Philly being Philly" thing.

The Most Favored Teams, again, are Boston, Detroit, Toronto, and Pittsburgh, with a "sometimes" for Rangers and Ottawa.

Berube or the organization should be fined for Emery's actions. Will they? I doubt it. Neither Simmonds nor Emery are 4 minute a game goons which makes it a different situation,

And that is why Sabres fans have a legitimate gripe.

For the record, on this squad, Scott should and does log more than four minutes a game. That's how bad we are.

Also, Eriksson is NOT a star player. He may play for a star team. but he is not a star player.

Edited by SwampD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.