Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Just watched the end of that Bruins & Red Wings game wow that was intense for a second I thought I was watching the playoffs again really haven't watched any games outside the Sabres it's pretty refreshing to watch good hockey

Yeah, the last minute or so when they pulled the goalie was good stuff. I thought for sure the B's would tie it up.

Just watched the end of that Bruins & Red Wings game wow that was intense for a second I thought I was watching the playoffs again really haven't watched any games outside the Sabres it's pretty refreshing to watch good hockey

Yeah, the last minute or so when they pulled the goalie was good stuff. I thought for sure the B's would tie it up.

I half expected it. That would have been the opposite of Buffalo where all three of their teams in the last minute pulled out victories. Glad it didn't happen.

I half expected it. That would have been the opposite of Buffalo where all three of their teams in the last minute pulled out victories. Glad it didn't happen.

I did expect them too especially with the way Boston sports went yesterday & when Lucic tscored with 80 seconds and looked up at the scoreboard, thought I was watching Boston Toronto game 7 all over again

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Asham and Biron (NYR) both clear waivers.

As expected, Pronger's career is over: http://www.philly.co...m_confirms.html

Not a surprise about Pronger, what will be interesting is to see what happens now with his cap hit, will the league continue to allow them to place him on LTIR? i would assume they could as long as he does not turn around and sign retirement papers. I don't think theres language in the CBA to define just how "Long Term" LTIR is permitted for....

So does Lapierre get 20 games for his hit on Boyle?

Button ? on t.s.n. was calling for 4 but I'm not sure what he bases that on. His last suspension for the same infraction was 4 so I'd think it would be ramped up. But this is Shamaban so who the hell knows how this works.

Button ? on t.s.n. was calling for 4 but I'm not sure what he bases that on. His last suspension for the same infraction was 4 so I'd think it would be ramped up. But this is Shamaban so who the hell knows how this works.

Here's the analysis:

Lapierre is not a star and does not play for a most favored team, but he is French Canadian.

Boyle is a fading star, played for Team Canada and won gold, but also does not play for a most favored team.

Lapierre's last suspension, I believe, is outside "repeat offender" range.

Boyle left the game on a stretcher.

7 games.

Edited by Eleven

During one of the breaks in the Leafs game last night they talked about that hit and said it wasn't as bad as the hit later on by the sharks player on Morrow and I somewhat agree. The hit that sent Boyle out on the stretcher had a bad result, but that had more to do with how he fell into the boards then it being cheap or an intent to injure. The one later on to Morrow into the boards was bad and deserves some time

So does Lapierre get 20 games for his hit on Boyle?

If those jerkoffs at the Ottawa Sun have anything to say about it, he does.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

NYR expected to promote goalie Cam Talbot to take Marty Biron's place. Biron, of course, is on waivers. Talbot has been playing well in AHL.

Marty's number are pretty bad this year: http://sports.yahoo....l/players/1395/

Oh man, now we gotta pick him up. Get him a sports coat and a microphone, quick.

So Cody McLeod gets like 20 games for trying to murder Kronwall right?

That's a tough one. That turn by Kronwall was pretty late. I almost see a bit of an "oh ######" in the positioning of McCleod's body as he makes contact. Quite honestly, I don't know how anyone can hold off at that point. He certainly didn't bury him.

And on another note, what's the deal with some tool flooding youtube with fake postings of this? The first 5 or 6 "video's" that came up when I searched were all from the same guy. They were just random still shots of hockey with the message "click on the link to see actual video". Sorry buddy, I'm not falling for that crap.

Meh. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

The NHL has got to start placing some of the responsibility on the hitee or these hit will keep happening.

Kronwall had his back to McLeod the entire time. There was no late turn. McLeod was coming in to level him no matter what and Kronwall went low.

I'm all for hitting a guy, but whatever happened to going to the boards with the player you're trying to slow down.

Body checking used to be an art form. Now it's a weapon.

Kronwall is a top defenseman and alternate captain on a Most Favored Team, but he is Swedish and has been known to deliver devastating, but legal, hits himself.

McLeod is a known goon with a history of questionable hits. I do not know if he has automatic repeat offender status.

Verdict: seven to ten years' hard labor in Uzbekistan.

Ok, seriously: 10 games.

Edited by Eleven

Kronwall had his back to McLeod the entire time. There was no late turn. McLeod was coming in to level him no matter what and Kronwall went low.

I'm all for hitting a guy, but whatever happened to going to the boards with the player you're trying to slow down.

Body checking used to be an art form. Now it's a weapon.

Gottit. So all you have to do is turn your back to someone in the corner and you are off limits and get a free play on the puck. That's crap.

You need to expect to be hit at all times and play accordingly. Otherwise, just take it out of the game.

Edited by SwampD

Gottit. So all you have to do is turn your back to someone in the corner and you are off limits and get a free play on the puck. That's crap.

You need to expect to be hit at all times and play accordingly. Otherwise, just take it out of the game.

Again, a player should be allowed to have his back to the play if he's playing the puck. McLeod had plenty of time to make a hockey play instead of just crushing Kronwall in the dome.

I'll reiterate. Body checking used to be an art. It involved more than just hitting a guy as hard as you could. The entire premise is to slow that player from being involved in the action. The big hit is not necessary.

Again, a player should be allowed to have his back to the play if he's playing the puck. McLeod had plenty of time to make a hockey play instead of just crushing Kronwall in the dome.

I'll reiterate. Body checking used to be an art. It involved more than just hitting a guy as hard as you could. The entire premise is to slow that player from being involved in the action. The big hit is not necessary.

I'll say this as well, we see that hit 100 times a game. Guys get hit in the numbers all game long every game and there are no calls. In typical NHL fashion, it only gets called when a star goes down. That really wasn't that bad a hit. Only the result was.

I'll say this as well, we see that hit 100 times a game. Guys get hit in the numbers all game long every game and there are no calls. In typical NHL fashion, it only gets called when a star goes down. That really wasn't that bad a hit. Only the result was.

The whole thing would be avoidable if the concept of body checking versus hitting was brought into question.

AAAAND, Kronwall jumps into every one of his hits and for some reason, never gets called for it. I have no sympathy for him "getting Kronwalled".

The whole thing would be avoidable if the concept of body checking versus hitting was brought into question.

Why? There is nothing wrong with hitting. Just injuring a star.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.