Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

1961 Blackhawks Stanley Cup banner sells at private auction for $37.5k: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=427893

Dollar Bill Wirtz had auctioned it off in 1994 for $15k, that greedy, dead ######. Rocky had reportedly tried to buy it back before, but no word about whether he tried at this auction.

Dollar Bill's another perfect example of the type of owner I'm glad we've never had.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

The KHl does this with advertisements and after seeing a few clips of their games I can say there isn't anything more annoying in a hockey game than not being able to find the puck.

Plus it just looks like hell

I agree, bring back foxtrax!

I agree, bring back foxtrax!

That should help Stafford at least. A bright, shiny object for him to chase around like my parents' cats. I mean, seeing as he is an oversized puss, this may be the solution we've been looking for.

Edited by WildCard

Teams knew this before he hit the open market.

Everyone knew this that watched the playoffs. I'm just smiling because they overpaid to begin with and he is essentially on the shelf until January of his first season. I figured he would be back to start camp, but his rehab seems pretty long for this era of sports medicine.

Everyone knew this that watched the playoffs. I'm just smiling because they overpaid to begin with and he is essentially on the shelf until January of his first season. I figured he would be back to start camp, but his rehab seems pretty long for this era of sports medicine.

6 months seems pretty standard for just about anything involving shoulder surgery. That's one complex joint. They've been saying January since before he even signed.

6 months seems pretty standard for just about anything involving shoulder surgery. That's one complex joint. They've been saying January since before he even signed.

Yup, all stuff that was already said before he was signed and Columbus knew about

He is signed long term, its not like they signed him for just this season and he would be the centrepiece to their team making a run

Yup, all stuff that was already said before he was signed and Columbus knew about

He is signed long term, its not like they signed him for just this season and he would be the centrepiece to their team making a run

Still glad we didn't sign him.

December. So he'll miss two months.

He's had several very severe shoulder injuries dating back to his minor league days. I would assume they're going to do everything they can while they're in there.

An interesting analysis of who should be Buffalo's nr. 1 center - Hodgson or Ennis:

http://hockey.dobber...vs-cody-hodgson

That article is terrible. He draws conclusions based on nothing, and makes some assertions which are falt-out false. At one point he says that Hodgson's offensive decline under Rolston is likely the real Hodgson, and in the same paragraph says that Ennis' lack of offensive improvement under Rolston means nothing because of sample size. And he continually espouses how Hodgson had better offensive opportunities without anything to back it up. In reality, their offensive zone starts were the same, and while Hodgson played with better pure scorers, Ennis had the superior possession players. Oh, and there's this gem:

There is some potential for a Stepan-like situation with Hodgson though. While not as prolific offensively (particularly when it comes to skating/speed) Hodgson still has plenty of talent and has a more complete game overall.

Both Ennis and Hodgson have upside but again, Ennis is pure offense, whereas Hodgson has another dimension that the Sabres might need if they want to compete.

What the hell? If anything Hodgson's offensive ceiling is higher than Stepan's, but currently lacks the complete game that Stepan plays. Is there any Sabres fan alive who thinks Hodgson has shown a well-rounded game? There's more, but I don't have the interest in quoting basically every paragraph in that article and tearing it apart individually. Awful, just awful, completely clueless article.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.