Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

4.8 mill seems a bit high for a guy they hope is 20 goal 50 point potential

So the door is open to trade him during the upcoming season; if needed.

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger 6m

Gagner deal with Oilers: (1)$4.4mil, (2)$5mil and (3)$5mil. No-trade and no-move in year 2 of 3 year deal...only. Interesting contract.

That should happen today. What about Derek Stepan? I could see an offer sheet for him if the going rate is $4.5/5 million. Rangers would probably figure a way to pay it but might not be easy.

I think there are certain teams you just don't mess around with when it comes to going after their RFAs. The Rangers have way too many assets on hand where they can make life a living hell for a team if they want to seek revenge.

I think there are certain teams you just don't mess around with when it comes to going after their RFAs. The Rangers have way too many assets on hand where they can make life a living hell for a team if they want to seek revenge.

I understand that argument even if I don't agree with it. In my opinion, rfa offer sheets are way under utilized as a way to improve your team.

The Gagner and Little deals are more than I was expecting.

Looks like 20 goals gets you $4 million.

Darcy was ahead of the curve on the Stafford deal.

Little got overpaid for sure, but he does a little more than scoring.

Edited by DStebb

Have you not watched Jagr play over the past two seasons? You can throw out all the preconceived notions regarding Jagr.

Jagr will celebrate his 42nd birthday, likely while playing in his 5th Olympic Games (It would have been an amazing 7th if non-Russian professionals hadn't been barred prior to 1998). The guy appears to have not aged in the last 5-6 years. Maybe the time away from the grueling NHL helped his longevity. At worst, the Devils just signed an extra 2nd round pick in next year's draft.

Jagr will celebrate his 42nd birthday, likely while playing in his 5th Olympic Games (It would have been an amazing 7th if non-Russian professionals hadn't been barred prior to 1998). The guy appears to have not aged in the last 5-6 years. Maybe the time away from the grueling NHL helped his longevity. At worst, the Devils just signed an extra 2nd round pick in next year's draft.

If nothing else Jagr is a veteran presence that can eat up some 15-18 minutes a game. I think the Devils would be happy with modest production of 10-15 goals and 40-45 points which shouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.