Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

It's not really true that Deluca loves the Devils. He pretty munch fanbois anything any team does as long as they're not the Sabres.

Que "I say what I say because we're so bad."

I love it when Sabres fanbois hate on Deluca instead of hating on their own teams ineptitude.

I have no reason to think that the Devils will not be ahead of the Sabres in the standings at the end of next year.

I love it when Sabres fanbois hate on Deluca instead of hating on their own teams ineptitude.

I have no reason to think that the Devils will not be ahead of the Sabres in the standings at the end of next year.

The Devils have Lou Lamoriello. The Sabres have DR.

The whole point is that the Devils will almost always be in a better position than the Sabres because Lou has a clue, and DR doesn't.

Because I'm clearly a fanboy :rolleyes:

I've got no horse in this race, but can I hate on the term fanboy, or even worse the idiotic spelling fanbois?

It's not really true that Deluca loves the Devils. He pretty munch fanbois anything any team does as long as they're not the Sabres.

Que "I say what I say because we're so bad."

I know it's a crazy concept, I have a great deal of admiration for well run franchises. The Devils, like the Red Wings, have been the standard for two decades and they each have multiple Cups to prove it. The Sabres are not a well run franchise and have 4 playoff appearances in 11 years to prove it.

It's funny how many thought that the Kovalchuk contract would be the death of the franchise and they ended up in the Finals. Here are fans again quickly declaring the Devils franchise dead. It is definitely an opinion born from wishful thinking more than anything else.

It's funny how many thought that the Kovalchuk contract would be the death of the franchise and they ended up in the Finals. Here are fans again quickly declaring the Devils franchise dead. It is definitely an opinion born from wishful thinking more than anything else.

Even you have to admit it's a little ironic that the Kovy contract helped them get to the Cup, and two years later, it's a huge part of the reason they won't sniff the Cup (I know you think they're a playoff team, but you don't think they're going deep, right?).

Even you have to admit it's a little ironic that the Kovy contract helped them get to the Cup, and two years later, it's a huge part of the reason they won't sniff the Cup (I know you think they're a playoff team, but you don't think they're going deep, right?).

I don't think it's ironic. I think it's a consequence what happens when you try to win it all. At least they tried. All we heard here was why a 40 goal scorer would not be good for the Sabres and how we would be mortgaging our wonderful 9th place future if we got him.

Here's 11 reasons: 1-6-4. Kovy and Clarkson accounted for almost a quarter of their goals last season. Ryane Clowe doesn't replace that.

No comments on how, if, the Devils were a better organization Kovy would have wanted to stay there? Oh. Ok.

And FFS when something like this happens START A NEW THREAD!

Can't blame the man for wanting to play at home and be closer to his family. I wish Leino would get home sick.

And that rumored bankruptcy thing..

How about dumping $3.37 mil of salary on the Sabres without having to give anything up?

I think with their goaltending and defense they are a playoff caliber team. How far they go will depend on what Lou Lamoriello adds to the roster.

Here's 11 reasons: 1-6-4. Kovy and Clarkson accounted for almost a quarter of their goals last season. Ryane Clowe doesn't replace that.

The Devils for the first time in a long time, at least 14 years (that's as far back as NHL.com stats go) the Devils finished outside of the Top 10 in goals against average. The priority isn't replacing goals, it's getting back traditional Devils hockey and back in the top five of gga.

Edited by deluca67

I think with their goaltending and defense they are a playoff caliber team. How far they go will depend on what Lou Lamoriello adds to the roster.

The Devils for the first time in a long time, at least 14 years (that's as far back as NHL.com stats go) the Devils finished outside of the Top 10 in goals against average. The priority isn't replacing goals, it's getting back traditional Devils hockey and back in the top five of gga.

The lowest scoring team NEVER makes the playoffs. GGA is important, but if you can't score, it doesn't matter. They need goals worse than we do.

I see the Panthers are done with Mueller. Should the Sabres give him a try? He'll be cheap!

Thought they should've last offseason. Thought they should coming into this offseason. But that was when I assumed we'd ship out Vanek and Stafford. Maybe not now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.