Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Joe Yerdon@JoeYerdonPHT27m

Rumblings in LA… RT @mayorNHL: Trade coming...

"MayorNHL" is a LA Kings reporter.

The Mayor John Hoven@mayorNHL

30m

If this happens, the happiest guy is gonna be @MRichie_10

A friend and/or former teammate of Richards coming to LA? A linemate? Hmmm...

EDIT: Sound like it's Dan Carcillo to the Kings.

Edited by DStebb

Yeah, from his perspective it really is a no brainer. He could have stuck with New Jersey a few more years and then pulled this trick at any point though. I'd love to know why this contract wound up being structured this way, with the first 2 years being cheap. Part of me thinks that him leaving was planned all along. Why didn't he leave for Russia immediately when he was a free agent instead of agreeing to, and actually playing out those first two cheap salary seasons?

It sounded like he never really considered the KHL as an option until the lockout happened.

Hextall now Assistant GM for Flyers.

"To me, [Hextall] is probably the most highly thought-of guy in the League who is not a general manager," Holmgren said. "The fact that he was in the Los Angeles organization, you saw the success he had."

Wanted him to replace Darcy before I realized that Darcy will never be replaced because he has pictures of Pegula cheating on his wife with an African hooker while snorting coke off of Sandusky's forehead.

Edited by DStebb

Hextall now Assistant GM for Flyers.

"To me, [Hextall] is probably the most highly thought-of guy in the League who is not a general manager," Holmgren said. "The fact that he was in the Los Angeles organization, you saw the success he had."

"He won a cup in LA by helping to acquire studs like Mike Richards and Jeff Carter up front," Holmgren didn't say, "and by building a strong foundation around the one thing Philadelphia Flyer hockey stands for: strong, reliable goaltending."

The Preds are painting their ice 'gold' for the summer. I hope the NHL never sinks this low to allow something like this for real games.

http://www.cbssports...gold-for-summer

Dear god no. No no no, no no, no no no no, no no no

So linked from that article: http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/159/323/159323585_640.jpg

If it's breast cancer awareness, how come the face-off dots are hearts and not boobs?

The Preds are painting their ice 'gold' for the summer. I hope the NHL never sinks this low to allow something like this for real games.

I think it would be cool to paint the ice black with flourecent orange and green lines. Then use a pink puck and light arena with a blacklight.

Dear god no. No no no, no no, no no no no, no no no

The KHl does this with advertisements and after seeing a few clips of their games I can say there isn't anything more annoying in a hockey game than not being able to find the puck.

Plus it just looks like hell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.