CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

post-1555-0-43907000-1385404504_thumb.jpg

Don't insult Cosby sweaters like that!

You can buy this beauty sans logo for $60

That's absolutely amazing. And only marginally worse than our actual 3rds.

I actually really liked the gold color. If I saw the front of one player from far away I would think it's a pretty cool looking jersey. But if you see several skaters wearing them, they look terrible. If you get close enough to see any of the details, they look terrible. It's great that we have something else to bitch about though. It's a good exercise for my hockey angst.

It's funny, after seeing the new thirds yesterday, flipping around all these games tonight, all these unis look really boring and lame. Say what you want about our bipolar thirds, but at least they are different, and yes, in a good way.

Aside from them looking like 3 different unis depending on the direction you view them from, the gray #'s were very difficult to read.

RJ was sruggling with the numbers - mixed up Foligno and Sulzer, and a few others Girgensons, Grigorenko, maybe Moulson.

It looked liked the Red Wings were playing an underfunded national team from the from the former Soviet Union.

What, your not going to comment on the jersey, just take a shot at the quality of the players on the team?

Seriously, the only thing I think is dumb on this jersey is the Buffalo written on top of the logo, Its completely unnecessary and looks like it was a computer error by the designer when he pasted the clip art Sabres logo on the front of the jersey and it included the title of the file on it. Take it off and I think for a 3rd jersey, its neat. its only a 3rd jersey, its supposed to be something different and unique, not just an old vintage version of their jerseys, they can still do that for a retro night. Buffalo is a City stuck in History, always trying to preserve their past and never wanting something new, from the buildings (Grain Silos, other historic buildings stopping development) to the Sports teams (have to bring back the original uniforms, bring back former players to play again, or to coach, or to GM, etc.)

What, your not going to comment on the jersey, just take a shot at the quality of the players on the team?

Seriously, the only thing I think is dumb on this jersey is the Buffalo written on top of the logo, Its completely unnecessary and looks like it was a computer error by the designer when he pasted the clip art Sabres logo on the front of the jersey and it included the title of the file on it. Take it off and I think for a 3rd jersey, its neat. its only a 3rd jersey, its supposed to be something different and unique, not just an old vintage version of their jerseys, they can still do that for a retro night. Buffalo is a City stuck in History, always trying to preserve their past and never wanting something new, from the buildings (Grain Silos, other historic buildings stopping development) to the Sports teams (have to bring back the original uniforms, bring back former players to play again, or to coach, or to GM, etc.)

If only they would have been stuck in history before they tore down the Larkin Building.

The guys on NHL radio were opining that the two-toned nature of the jersey can create difficulty in spotting your teammates. If you see a player from behind he is wearing blue. If he is facing you he is wearing yellow.

That would be a problem if one of the front/back colors was white or something close to it. I don't think it would be an issue seeing a teammate in blue/gold when the other team is wearing a white jersey like they do

That would be a problem if one of the front/back colors was white or something close to it. I don't think it would be an issue seeing a teammate in blue/gold when the other team is wearing a white jersey like they do

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but if it makes you hesitate for even a fraction of a second, it is going to cause problems. In such a high speed game, it doesn't seem like a great idea to have a uniform that is going to slow down the thought process.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but if it makes you hesitate for even a fraction of a second, it is going to cause problems. In such a high speed game, it doesn't seem like a great idea to have a uniform that is going to slow down the thought process.

By the time the Sabres have enough players with a thought process for it to matter they'll probably have new thirds.

How about the opposition seeing clearly when they are under pressure or a man is in their clearing lane?

If you are in a dark color or white, you can hide or blend in better. You can see this yellow from your periphery a mile away.

It was winter about 8 years ago that I played on two teams in two different winter beer leagues at the same rink. My B team wore blue and white, my C team wore green and white and in each league, an opponent wore the same colored sweater as the team I played for in my other league. And I never once gave it a second thouight until I read your post.

These guys have worn so many different colored sweaters by the time they get to the NHL, they don't associate/identify with them like we fans do. To them, they are just hockey sweaters, and it shouldn't be too hard for them to figure out the other team is in white and their own team wears blue and yellow.

It was winter about 8 years ago that I played on two teams in two different winter beer leagues at the same rink. My B team wore blue and white, my C team wore green and white and in each league, an opponent wore the same colored sweater as the team I played for in my other league. And I never once gave it a second thouight until I read your post.

These guys have worn so many different colored sweaters by the time they get to the NHL, they don't associate/identify with them like we fans do. To them, they are just hockey sweaters, and it shouldn't be too hard for them to figure out the other team is in white and their own team wears blue and yellow.

I agree with this. I think perhaps when you've skated with the same group of guys day in and day out for a long time, you even know the way they move, so that despite the jerseys, you're more inclined to instinctively know friend from foe, colors be damned. I know this is often the case on my little beginner's team, when walkons wear a dark jersey on the light team/light on our team. Maybe there's a shift of initial confusion, but it sticks pretty quick who's on your line/team v who's not. And we're all horrible, so it probably clicks better at a pro level!

You're simplifying it way beyond what I'm saying though. Sure, they can say out loud "us dark, them white", but if it doesn't process immediately at the subconscious level due to the different colors, I think it can lead to trouble. Now I'm no psychologist (if that's even the right profession), but I can see it being an issue. I wonder if those two sided Maryland football helmets from a few years ago lead to any interesting dips in numbers.

You're simplifying it way beyond what I'm saying though. Sure, they can say out loud "us dark, them white", but if it doesn't process immediately at the subconscious level due to the different colors, I think it can lead to trouble. Now I'm no psychologist (if that's even the right profession), but I can see it being an issue. I wonder if those two sided Maryland football helmets from a few years ago lead to any interesting dips in numbers.

I follow what you're saying, I just don't think they'd have any difficulty with it.

Archived