CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

After seeing them on the ice during game play, they're still very bad.

The fronts are almost tolerable because the little details that ruin the front, like the collar and buffalo writing, are difficult to see; the yellow body and blue yoke are ok.

The backs are absolutely disgusting, due in no small part to the grey numbers and stupid font. Even at a distance, it's unforgivably bad.

From afar, the sleeves and socks look confused, but not any more so than other high contrast mediocre modern jerseys (ie nashville).

After seeing them on the ice during game play, they're still very bad.

The fronts are almost tolerable because the little details that ruin the front, like the collar and buffalo writing, are difficult to see; the yellow body and blue yoke are ok.

The backs are absolutely disgusting, due in no small part to the grey numbers and stupid font. Even at a distance, it's unforgivably bad.

From afar, the sleeves and socks look confused, but not any more so than other high contrast mediocre modern jerseys (ie nashville).

I will also note that I saw three people at most in the FNC last night wearing the new jersey. We'll see if that number rises, but right now it's looking like a turd. No one in my section had anything nice to say about it and I definitely heard some boos when Sabretooth was giving it out to fans during some of the in-game contests.

Shouldn't have completely different colors for front and back. If they had just chosen the yellow or blue for the whole jersey they may not look as bad as they do.

Yep. Cut the blue under the name-plate and use gold and it would have been fine. Not spectacular, but fine.

Still not a fan of the font of the numbers, looks to comic-y for me. I didn't get a chance to watch the game, so I'll reserve the rest of my judgment for when I get to see them on the ice.

It's underwhelming.

The biggest issue I have is that if you change gray to white, it becomes painfully obvious how out of place the gray is. In the gray form it's subdued enough to perhaps escape criticism from a design perspective. But a good design should look good regardless of the colors. This fails that test.

That's where I'm at. I could accept them if the gray wasn't there. But the little collar triangles and arm cuffs and the gray on gold numbers just ruin the whole thing.

Except for the gray, I think that they are pretty innovative and not bad at all for a third jersey. I would have gone with white rather than the gray. Nothing can beat our original jerseys, but I have very few issues with this as a third jersey.

The whole scheme sucks (colors, patchwork, everything.) I swear I would love to just bump into Ted Black and just ask him if he knows the colors of the Sabres are royal blue and gold - not black and mustard yellow. I listened to that piece on the making of the jersey and I went to high school with the voice behind it. For his safety, I will not release name but he is the same person that came up with the slug :doh: . Great guy, incredible artist but just needs to stay away from any jersey designs down the road.....

You would think it would be that easy. At least the Bills finally got it right.

It's wild isn't it? The perfect jersey is right there, and yet they keep avoiding it at all costs.

The Oilers finally figured it out. Their unis are perfect. They ditched all the BS colors like bronze and silver, and the stupid dark blue, and went back to colors that pop.

Someone free us from jersey purgatory! No more gray and drab dark blue! Help us!

If there was ever a time to do this, it is next season with new management (at the latest, 2015 if they want to attach them to a more talented team)

Ideally you bring them back for 2015-16 on the 20th anniversary of the last season they were worn. Good god it's been that long?

It's wild isn't it? The perfect jersey is right there, and yet they keep avoiding it at all costs.

The Oilers finally figured it out. Their unis are perfect. They ditched all the BS colors like bronze and silver, and the stupid dark blue, and went back to colors that pop.

Someone free us from jersey purgatory! No more gray and drab dark blue! Help us!

Ideally you bring them back for 2015-16 on the 20th anniversary of the last season they were worn. Good god it's been that long?

It's also the perfect template for a gold alternate uniform.

Instead, we took a Cosby sweater approach with random blocks of color everywhere.

I will also note that I saw three people at most in the FNC last night wearing the new jersey. We'll see if that number rises, but right now it's looking like a turd. No one in my section had anything nice to say about it and I definitely heard some boos when Sabretooth was giving it out to fans during some of the in-game contests.

Didn't see anyone in my section in the 3rd. Saw 1 guy over in 306, was wondering if he was the one that 'won' the escallator contest.

I find them to be bad. Aside from them looking like 3 different unis depending on the direction you view them from, the gray #'s were very difficult to read. Did the design crew ever hear of and also understand the word contrast?

Archived