CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

i stand by my earlier endorsement of the jersey. it doesn't look bad at all and i like that they tried something different in a league that's trending towards everyone trying to look "vintage" and "traditional." my only real complaint is that i wish the numbers were white instead of gray -- it would balance a lot better in my opinion. but it's still a cool and unique third jersey.

i actually like the "BUFFALO" text that many here dislike... it wouldn't change my opinion any if it was gone, but like i said, something different.

correct me if I'm wrong, but Buffalo was the first team to utilize numbers on the front of their jersey, starting on the slugs? i know at least a few teams have experimented with the idea since -- i wonder how many will play around with alternative captains patches now that we broke the ice on that, too.

i stand by my earlier endorsement of the jersey. it doesn't look bad at all and i like that they tried something different in a league that's trending towards everyone trying to look "vintage" and "traditional." my only real complaint is that i wish the numbers were white instead of gray -- it would balance a lot better in my opinion. but it's still a cool and unique third jersey.

i actually like the "BUFFALO" text that many here dislike... it wouldn't change my opinion any if it was gone, but like i said, something different.

correct me if I'm wrong, but Buffalo was the first team to utilize numbers on the front of their jersey, starting on the slugs? i know at least a few teams have experimented with the idea since -- i wonder how many will play around with alternative captains patches now that we broke the ice on that, too.

You know something sucks when the only selling point left is "I like that they tried something different." You could say that about every ugly uniform in every sport ever.

I actually hate them more after the Montreal game. Seeing this travesty juxtaposed with a classic, traditional sweater like Montreal's is maddening when you realize that, for most of their history, the Sabres have had sweaters that rival what the Habs have (and have always had). Instead, we're rolling out our second clown jersey of the past 10 years.

The gray lettering is tough to read. Having the players constantly switch between being blue or yellow based on how they're positioned is annoying. The C and A being on the shoulder is obnoxious and will go away just like front numbers did (and should).

I like the idea of bringing back the LaFontaine era uniforms as part of the new regime. Every attempt to "update" or "try something new" have failed miserably. The Sabres marketing department isn't especially talented or competent. Literally just bring back the 1992-1993 set and call it a day.

Sabres13.png

You know something sucks when the only selling point left is "I like that they tried something different." You could say that about every ugly uniform in every sport ever.

I actually hate them more after the Montreal game. Seeing this travesty juxtaposed with a classic, traditional sweater like Montreal's is maddening when you realize that, for most of their history, the Sabres have had sweaters that rival what the Habs have (and have always had). Instead, we're rolling out our second clown jersey of the past 10 years.

The gray lettering is tough to read. Having the players constantly switch between being blue or yellow based on how they're positioned is annoying. The C and A being on the shoulder is obnoxious and will go away just like front numbers did (and should).

I like the idea of bringing back the LaFontaine era uniforms as part of the new regime. Every attempt to "update" or "try something new" have failed miserably. The Sabres marketing department isn't especially talented or competent. Literally just bring back the 1992-1993 set and call it a day.

Sabres13.png

What's perplexing is Terry saying if he wanted to make money yada yada yada, and Ted saying the jerseys don't "move the needle" on revenue anyway, and yet we ended up with that abortion. Why? Make one final change, back to something like Rob is proposing, and end it. This fan base, young and old, doesn't seem to want anything else.

People just don't like things that are different.

I enjoy different things, foods, girls, etc...

Even clothing and jerseys, but at least give the fans some Input or a vote before coming out with something so far out of left field..... That said, as an entire ensemble. I still hate it, but it looks better than just the jersey alone

What's perplexing is Terry saying if he wanted to make money yada yada yada, and Ted saying the jerseys don't "move the needle" on revenue anyway, and yet we ended up with that abortion. Why? Make one final change, back to something like Rob is proposing, and end it. This fan base, young and old, doesn't seem to want anything else.

I *want* an updated version of this, with a a yellow B with a sword through it as an alternate logo on the shoulders. We had a version of that logo from 1996 up until 2007 and it would tie their history together nicely.

But I can't even ask for that anymore. The people who handle the Sabres marketing and graphic design have zero competence and zero talent. They would only ###### things up even worse.

So now I'm just begging them to go back to exactly what they had in 1992-1993 (I picked that season because it's the one where Pat LaFontaine had 148 points). Same logo. Same colors. Same everything. If we let them touch even one thread of those uniforms, they'll only make them worse -- and probably by a lot. I'm sure they're dying to barf up some gray/silver all over them or put the logo/numbers in 15 new places. Enough already.

5bd201d3131b838c.jpg

Make a blue version for home and I'd be good with it.

Well they did create a new jersey that won't sell at all...

I'm glad that you somehow took that away from my post. The fact that they tried something different isn't the "selling point" -- I like the jersey, that's all there is to it. That's the selling point. It's just, a bonus almost, that they were able to come up with a unique jersey unlike any other in the league, and still make it look pretty good. If another team had a similar jersey, I would still like this one -- it's not like I (we) ONLY like it because it's different.

I would still be completely on board with going back to the classic blue and golds and ditching a third jersey altogether... but it's not going to happen in the middle of the season, so for now, live with it. We'll have a new one after next season anyway, I'm sure.

5bd201d3131b838c.jpg

Make a blue version for home and I'd be good with it.

I miss the dark blue and the simplicity of this jersey. It is stunningly elegant and perfect in my mind. I wish we could get this simple and this color blue back... :cry:

Actually use this jersey and a blue version, change the shoulder logo to the B with the sword through it but keep the new captain and alternate logo's

Bam! I just created an awesome jersey. Holy crap was that hard.

How about a faux-back third:

post-1053-0-75108800-1386110878_thumb.png

Actually, I like this design about 20 times better than the real thrid jerseys. My only complaint would be that the "B" above the crossed sabres needs to be in a more "masculine" font. Otherwise, get Reebok on the phone.....

Actually, I like this design about 20 times better than the real thrid jerseys. My only complaint would be that the "B" above the crossed sabres needs to be in a more "masculine" font. Otherwise, get Reebok on the phone.....

I'll check out some other fonts and then ring the 'bok.

Needs more grey and silver.

:P

In all seriousness, the Sabres didn't play anywhere near the era that jersey belongs in, I'd have a tough time getting on board with it. I like the design though.

True, but I'm sure I could over that pretty quickly.

I think the team has used these hideous jerseys 3 games in a row and have lost them all. Is management so tone-deaf that they don't understand that the Sabres are the laughingstock of the league even without these butt-ugly uniforms? Plus they appear to be bad luck?

The Sabres used to be a pretty smart organization but now under the Pegula regime, is about as stupid as they come. Got to hand it to Pegula...he spends tons of money and gets nothing in return and he keeps on doing it. He'll be most remembered as the builder of the Sabres Knights of the Round Table sized locker room, the Pegula Memorial Locker Room...

I think the team has used these hideous jerseys 3 games in a row and have lost them all. Is management so tone-deaf that they don't understand that the Sabres are the laughingstock of the league even without these butt-ugly uniforms? Plus they appear to be bad luck?

The Sabres used to be a pretty smart organization but now under the Pegula regime, is about as stupid as they come. Got to hand it to Pegula...he spends tons of money and gets nothing in return and he keeps on doing it. He'll be most remembered as the builder of the Sabres Knights of the Round Table sized locker room, the Pegula Memorial Locker Room...

The irony of you calling other people stupid is always good for a laugh.

If we're eliminating jerseys for 3-game losing streaks, we need to get rid of the primary home and away too. :)

Archived