CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

It certainly puts the money grab theory to rest. It sounds like the Sabres couldn't care less if it sells well, they just wanted to do something different.

Different doesn't have to be bad, though. Regardless of their intentions, it still represents the organization. It's just bad to put out something so...bad. If the organization didn't already have enough problems with its image and reputation, they had to put this out, even if "the bottom line" isn't affected.

Haha.. a turd burger. Hah... wow.. that's the perfect time to read this. I'll be laughing for awhile. I.. I don't know why..

Killing me.

A guy who makes that kind of money and is at that level just dropping "turd burger". That's real.. and I love it.

Different doesn't have to be bad, though. Regardless of their intentions, it still represents the organization. It's just bad to put out something so...bad. If the organization didn't already have enough problems with its image and reputation, they had to put this out, even if "the bottom line" isn't affected.

Different doesn't have to be bad. But I think when you issue that directive the odds of the outcome being perceived as bad dramatically increase. It's deliberately going against the idea of playing to the audience.

This whole issue makes you wonder whether the Sabres have ever heard the term "market research". If you asked 100 NHL fans in Moose Jaw their opinion of the new "turd" jersey, 101 of them would have given it the thumbs down. Maybe Ted and Terry don't need the extra revenue, but it sure does bring their credibility into question. Any team that would pick a third jersey that looks like that would retain a heretofore unsuccessful GM for another half-decade. Oh, wait....

It certainly puts the money grab theory to rest. It sounds like the Sabres couldn't care less if it sells well, they just wanted to do something different.

Right, lawyers never shade the truth. Did jersey sales in 2006 "move the needle" on revenues? I believe they did. Anywho, if Ted really believes it has no effect on revenues, then can they please stop the endless tinkering with the uniform? It's something some fans have learned to accept in a small market, because that revenue is needed. Without that justification, what's the point?

Right, lawyers never shade the truth. Did jersey sales in 2006 "move the needle" on revenues? I believe they did. Anywho, if Ted really believes it has no effect on revenues, then can they please stop the endless tinkering with the uniform? It's something some fans have learned to accept in a small market, because that revenue is needed. Without that justification, what's the point?

I read that comment a little differently. The jersey only adds to revenue. If it fails, they're not losing any money that they otherwise normally would have made over the course of the year without it.

I read that comment a little differently. The jersey only adds to revenue. If it fails, they're not losing any money that they otherwise normally would have made over the course of the year without it.

That works, too. As long as d4rk is wrong, I'm happy.

Why tinker with jerseys? Who knows. Why do other teams do it?

Quotes like this are why I love Ted Black.

That does actually make me feel a little better. I'm glad Ted's not so stubborn as to try to push it on fans. He understands the situation and his role in it. The guy has humility and at least seems like he tries to engage with fans and bend to their will.

I'm curious about their process and whose retarded red-assed baboons, if any, were sat down in a room to give the feedback on this thing that encouraged it to happen.

That yellow makes me think Hank and Larsson would be made to feel right at home.

source_473_77184.jpg

Was that a random google image search that brought up the Calle Johansson jersey? :w00t:

That is who is on the jersey, right? I'm too lazy to look for other C Johanssons.

Jay McKee and his friend was able to design a way better third than the entire Sabres squad could come up with. Love the sabres thru the B

@JayMcKee74: Recently designed a retro @BuffaloSabres "third" jersey with my bud @tedsheppard . Love it or hate it, let us know.. http://t.co/utXsifVPUw

Wow, that is what I am talking about. The colors are amazing and I love the logo. When I see this jersey, it makes me hate the Sabres even more than I do right now......

• 1 month later...

I have no idea where to put this... but would people be willing to get behind a petition to remove the pointless gray armpit and gray stripe from our home and away uniforms?

Save the "the jerseys don't matter when nobody is watching" and "there are more important things to worry about" comments.

A friend went to the Macklemore concert last night and I saw some pictures of him wearing it and the gray armpit legitimately turns a gorgeous jersey into one of the worst in sports. And then the piping makes zero sense. It's just floating there.

Archived