Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

Posters over there are likening him to Tom F*king Brady.

Its one half of a preseason game. Don't get me wrong, the kids looked good and I'm encouraged, but that is all.

I don't think the Bills are going to be as bad as most people do and I still have the same hope I have every year before week one. Let's see how some of the season shakes out before we start comparing Jeff Tuel to one of the top 3 qbs ever to live.

6-10. That's been my prediction every year since the mid-90s.

Posters over there are likening him to Tom F*king Brady.

Its one half of a preseason game. Don't get me wrong, the kids looked good and I'm encouraged, but that is all.

I don't think the Bills are going to be as bad as most people do and I still have the same hope I have every year before week one. Let's see how some of the season shakes out before we start comparing Jeff Tuel to one of the top 3 qbs ever to live.

He's not kidding. I saw that comparison myself.

He's not kidding. I saw that comparison myself.

Not to mention that all of our receivers are destined for multiple pro bowls on their way to the hall of fame.

I'm not pessimistic at all about the Bills this season, but holy hell! Some people overs at TBD are gonna be on suicide watch by the end of the preseason. Holy unrealistic expectations Batman!

Levi what's his face, the 7th round QB from a few years back got the same stuff at the start. Then there was the hero worship for Michael Jasper. What's he up to now?

There couldn't have been too much hype about Michael Jasper. I had to use the googles just to see who he is.

Levi what's his face, the 7th round QB from a few years back got the same stuff at the start. Then there was the hero worship for Michael Jasper. What's he up to now?

How dare you forget Gibran Hamdan((sp) I don't have the time to look up the spelling of a former third string preseason all star)

And as I recall it was Levi Brown. From Troy

Our receivers are so fast that when they take that first step, the tectonic plates shift, and Manuel and tuel throw the ball with so much pace and accuracy that the laces actually come off the ball in mid-throw. No to mention the whole defense being able to levitate over the O line for crushing sacks.

Did anyone else notice this, or did someone spike my pasta with shrooms again.

Our receivers are so fast that when they take that first step, the tectonic plates shift, and Manuel and tuel throw the ball with so much pace and accuracy that the laces actually come off the ball in mid-throw. No to mention the whole defense being able to levitate over the O line for crushing sacks.

Did anyone else notice this, or did someone spike my pasta with shrooms again.

Best. Kool-Aid. EVER!

But in all seriousness we will have to see what Manuel and Tuel look like after say week 8 of the regular season.

The encouraging thing about yesterday was that the team looked organized. I guess that will happen when 85% of the coaching staff was Quality Control.

Tuel will probably be hurt before the season starts. His injury history in college makes Tim Connolly look like an ironhorse. That's why he wasn't drafted. Both QB's did look composed however, so props.

I just think the secondary is going to get shredded. McKelvin made strides last year, but him at 2, Brooks at 3 and Rogers at 4 is not a recipe for success. If Byrd comes back maybe he and Williams will make for an ok set at safety, but if you start yesterday's D against NE, Brady puts up 31 with me at WR.

The encouraging thing to me was the WR play. Woods LOOKS like a nice player who can find seams. He is a serious injury threat to me though. High ankle sprain in waiting. We have big bodies who can block when RB's bounce to the outside. If Goodwin keeps his hands going like they have been in camp, he is at least a decoy who can open up the field. He also showed instincts on both his returns. Don Beebe used to have that speed, but ran returns with the grace of Carwell Gardner. Easly at least dominated fodder, and that Kaufman kid is built.

What I liked most about things is that Marrone had a serious/nervous/thinking demeanor on the sidelines. I was a little worried that he may be a Greg Williams rah-rah BS type, but in his first gameday, he portrayed someone who is hyperfocused/anxiety driven.....but in a good way. If the NFL would let you smoke on the sidelines, I could see him with a 2L bottle of Coke and a pack of Marb Reds. He looked to be keeping emotionally balanced. Excited enough but act like you've been there when good things happen. He looks like he is thinking about 5 things at the same time.....and given how prepared the team was and how smooth things went, he may be able to handle it. I am now trending to "this hire may actually work"......but we will see when the bullets are live.

There couldn't have been too much hype about Michael Jasper. I had to use the googles just to see who he is.

The love for Michael Jasper was very very strong. Camp superhero.

Didn't buy it. I was given it personally by him on the field. Then he signed it and now it hangs in a framed case in my man cave along side my other signed jerseys.

PTR

That's amazing. An artifact of hype.

Only to be surpassed exponentially by the hype over Da' Rick. People using Randy Moss as a comparison. He went un ###### drafted. He's a head case and its shown plenty during camp.

Kid has made one catch in an exhibition game. Some posters figure the Bills should cut Stevie Johnson to make room for him and four other receivers who have combined for zero NFL catches. There was a reason no one drafted him.

Kid has made one catch in an exhibition game. Some posters figure the Bills should cut Stevie Johnson to make room for him and four other receivers who have combined for zero NFL catches. There was a reason no one drafted him.

Are you kidding? He's the next Jerry Rice!

Only to be surpassed exponentially by the hype over Da' Rick. People using Randy Moss as a comparison. He went un ###### drafted. He's a head case and its shown plenty during camp.
I haven't heard anything about Da'Rick's maturity issues manifesting during camp. What's he been doing?

i think what ink is getting at is that, even without the habitual weed smoking, the kid's performance during camp suggests that he's immature and lacks focus -- doesn't yet have a good grasp on what it takes to be a true professional.

it would appear that he has the physical tools to be a starting WR in the league. it remains to be seen whether he has what it takes between the ears.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.