Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

Why not just let Tuel play Week 1 if Manuel isn't healthy yet? (Or even if he is, since starting against the Patriots with very limited practice time doesn't seem like a great idea.)

There's very little chance Tuel has any future as an NFL starter, but we already know Leinart sucks. I'd tell Tuel that he lucked into a once in a lifetime chance thanks to injuries and see what happens. You never know.

Why not just let Tuel play Week 1 if Manuel isn't healthy yet? (Or even if he is, since starting against the Patriots with very limited practice time doesn't seem like a great idea.)

There's very little chance Tuel has any future as an NFL starter, but we already know Leinart sucks. I'd tell Tuel that he lucked into a once in a lifetime chance thanks to injuries and see what happens. You never know.

The trick is you want a backup for your backup. This entire thing stinks of the Bills not being sure Manuel will be ready. I bet Leinart gets cut as soon as the QB corp is healthy. I'd expect Tuel to start if Manuel or Kolb aren't ready.

@ByTimGraham: Source tells me Bills concerned Kevin Kolb's concussion may be career-ending and they're proceeding with that in mind.

Leinart and now trading for this guy would seem to support that Kolb's career may be done.

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 23s

Bills trade with Lions for QB Thaddeus Lewis, per league source.

Edited by Claude_Verret

@ByTimGraham: Source tells me Bills concerned Kevin Kolb's concussion may be career-ending and they're proceeding with that in mind.

Leinart and now trading for this guy would seem to support that Kolb's career may be done.

That trade is a strange move. We don't need this many backup QBs.

Oh come'on! I loved him.

He's sort of a c'skr....but he was a general. He's athletic and smart enough to probably be a better QB today than Matt freakin Lienhart.

You're probably athletic and smart enough to be a better QB today than Matt Leinart.

I think Kolb sucks, but it should go without saying that you never want to see a guy's career ended like that. I do hope he can return.

Gilmore out 8 weeks - Well, QB and DB positions are overrated anyway........

We may now have the worst collection of corners in the league. Just brutal news :sick:

A week ago, and the fanbase was genuinely excited.

Then Manuel, Byrd trade demand rumours, Spiller's grampa, Redskins blowout, Kolb and now this.

Jeezus, the Bills always find a way.

Edit: and now they cut Da'Rick. ( OK, that last one is sarcasm)

Edited by dudacek

So Gilmore is out 8 weeks. In terms of starting lineup, how is anything different besides the fact that MAYBE Manuel isn't ready for one week? Let's not get too hasty here. If anybody hadn't noticed, Gilmore has been less than impressive himself. He was getting roasted until he got hurt.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

So Gilmore is out 8 weeks. In terms of starting lineup, how is anything different besides the fact that MAYBE Manuel isn't ready for one week? Let's not get too hasty here. If anybody hadn't noticed, Gilmore has been less than impressive himself. He was getting roasted until he got hurt.

2 years ago, the Pats gameplan was to throw at McKelvin 90% of the time. Last year the gameplan was to throw at Rogers 90% of the time on plays they didn't see getting 8-15 yards rushing.

McKelvin, Rogers and Brooks might just be the worst collections of corners the Bills have had since the '87 strike.

I think you are starting to see the problems with running a hurry-up college offense against pros who are about 30lbs of rock heavier on average. Not only does the opposition defense get tired and confused on the field, but your own guys get tired and can't fully focus or deliver proper technique. We had both QB's get hurt on option reads, and now your best defender is down half the season after TOP was 2-1 in Washington's favor.

If they stick with this hurry-up with this collection of QB's and corners, get ready for plenty of 34-17 losses.

Go Bandits!

Edited by Ghost of Dwight Drane

2 years ago, the Pats gameplan was to throw at McKelvin 90% of the time. Last year the gameplan was to throw at Rogers 90% of the time on plays they didn't see getting 8-15 yards rushing.

McKelvin, Rogers and Brooks might just be the worst collections of corners the Bills have had since the '87 strike.

I think you are starting to see the problems with running a hurry-up college offense against pros who are about 30lbs of rock heavier on average. Not only does the opposition defense get tired and confused on the field, but your own guys get tired and can't fully focus or deliver proper technique. We had both QB's get hurt on option reads, and now your best defender is down half the season after TOP was 2-1 in Washington's favor.

If they stick with this hurry-up with this collection of QB's and corners, get ready for plenty of 34-17 losses.

Go Bandits!

Thanks. But I was talking about injuries.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.