Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

Head case doesn't necessarily mean maturity issues. He's had bad routes, lined up in the wrong places, and given half hearted efforts way more than an undrafted rookie should.

All things that I've heard as well.

Thus, it could be that he's immature and hasn't focused on ("gotten his head into") the playbook the way he should have.

Or ...

So he's just stupid?

Head case doesn't necessarily mean maturity issues. He's had bad routes, lined up in the wrong places, and given half hearted efforts way more than an undrafted rookie should.

There was also an issue in mini camp relating to taunting one of his teammates after a catch that Marrone was displeased with.

There was also an issue in mini camp relating to taunting one of his teammates after a catch that Marrone was displeased with.

He also missed reps because he didn't realize he was supposed to be on the field. For a kid with all his supposed talent to not get drafted, really says something. Looking at the dearth of good NFL receivers, it's hard to imagine the size of the red flags this kid has displayed.

He also missed reps because he didn't realize he was supposed to be on the field. For a kid with all his supposed talent to not get drafted, really says something. Looking at the dearth of good NFL receivers, it's hard to imagine the size of the red flags this kid has displayed.

Yeah. It appears that his affection for weed wasn't the only thing that kept him off teams' draft boards. There appears to be a certain level of dunderheadedness that is getting in the way.

Mind you - I keep reading in the practice notes that he's also making plays. But after you account for the presumed locks of Stevie, TJ, Marquise, and Woods, there are probably 2 roster spots available to Smith, Easley, Rogers, Hogan and 3 or 4 other guys whose names escape me. Smith is the stable veteran who will contribute on STs. Easley has shown some good stuff. Hogan is getting more of the "7-11" talk (because he's always open). It will be interesting to see what they do at that position.

Didn't buy it. I was given it personally by him on the field. Then he signed it and now it hangs in a framed case in my man cave along side my other signed jerseys.

PTR

Nice. Somewhere in my parents attic I probably still have an old Bills hat signed by Byron Franklin and Booker Moore when they came to my elementary school.

Nice. Somewhere in my parents attic I probably still have an old Bills hat signed by Byron Franklin and Booker Moore when they came to my elementary school.

I have a Thurman Thomas signed hat somewhere. He spoke at the EMW (Elma - Marilla - Wales) football banquet when I was a kid.

rewatched the 2 minute drive several times now. EJ had some great reads and throws and some meh ones. I like what I have seen so far but I think this is going to be another long year of close games and misssed oppurtunity. I think now at least EJ has the chance and skills to grow into a reliable #1 QB.

Can I tell everyone how much I don't give a ###### about Tom Brady's injury? This means nothing.

Considering that we play them week 1 I think it means a lot. If any teams starting QB goes down within a month before we play them it is definitely newsworthy.

I mean will the Bills start off strong against a team that has dominated them for years? Does it matter that their franchise QB may possibly not play? All things to think about.

Considering that we play them week 1 I think it means a lot. If any teams starting QB goes down within a month before we play them it is definitely newsworthy.

I mean will the Bills start off strong against a team that has dominated them for years? Does it matter that their franchise QB may possibly not play? All things to think about.

I had a feeling I may have to explain my point further. If he's out for the Bills game and Buffalo wins, it will be cheapened. If he's out and they lose, same old Bills. So it means nothing.

the injury appears to be quite minor, so much ado about nothing.

to ink's point: brady's health is one of the biggest running issues in the afc east. i would have no problem with -- and would take no less delight in -- the bills getting a leg up in the division because brady's not available to the patriots (for whatever reason). when the day comes that brady's no longer playing and the bills steamroll the patriots in foxboro, will i think our progress is cheapened because we didn't dethrone touchdown tawmmy? hell no. i'll take 9 or 10 wins and a playoff spot by any means necessary.

I had a feeling I may have to explain my point further. If he's out for the Bills game and Buffalo wins, it will be cheapened. If he's out and they lose, same old Bills. So it means nothing.

ahh I understand that but I think the Pats are a good test for the Bills with or without Brady. Obviously though to your point with Brady is a lot more interesting.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.