Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

He sounds pretty awesome when he's angry. I think he'll be a heck of a lot better than Gailey.

Gailey was okay as a college coach, not great or a standout but okay. I didn't understand why they wanted him in the first place but yea it has been far to long IMPO since the bills had a coach with a emotions. I hope it transfers to the players...

O and Mario Williams is suited up for practice this morning according to Buscaglia.

He sounds pretty awesome when he's angry. I think he'll be a heck of a lot better than Gailey.

In the recent past, Ruff, Rolston, Pegula and now Marrone have all gotten into spats with the BFLO media. I saw Harrington crying about it yesterday on Twitter. Maybe the unprofessional douchebags that is the BFLO media needs to look in the mirror before blaming somebody else

The guy Marrone locked horns with wasn't a Buffalo/Rochester reporter -- it was an AP writer.

With the benefit of some distance from the kerfluffle, I will say that it didn't take much for a reporter to get Marrone's dander up. If your $100M man is away from training camp without any meaningful explanation, you as coach can and should expect a bunch of questions. Even questions THAT AREN'T LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS.

The guy Marrone locked horns with wasn't a Buffalo/Rochester reporter -- it was an AP writer.

With the benefit of some distance from the kerfluffle, I will say that it didn't take much for a reporter to get Marrone's dander up. If your $100M man is away from training camp without any meaningful explanation, you as coach can and should expect a bunch of questions. Even questions THAT AREN'T LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS.

Well now, I stand corrected. Still doesn't surprise me that Sullivan and Harrington were the first ones to jump on it and talk about it all day. I just think they were upset they weren't the ones to set him off. :lol:

I hate reporters sometimes. I realize they have certain questions they have to ask, but at the same time, don't they also have to recognize when they've gotten all they're going to get in response and move on to something else?

Of course they do, and if they drop it at that point they won't be getting any attention. Most of them don't care about integrity any more.

I hate reporters sometimes. I realize they have certain questions they have to ask, but at the same time, don't they also have to recognize when they've gotten all they're going to get in response and move on to something else?

Anyone whose job involves asking questions will tell you: If you ask the same question a few different ways and in a few different contexts, you are apt to get a better or different answer in response to one of the re-stated questions.

I heard the entire audio yesterday, I didn't think Marrone's reaction was in proportion to what was coming at him.

I'm no nob polisher when it comes to Belichek, but I will say that his approach to dealing with the media is a very good one (granted, it may not be an approach that others can replicate).

Anyone whose job involves asking questions will tell you: If you ask the same question a few different ways and in a few different contexts, you are apt to get a better or different answer in response to one of the re-stated questions.

I heard the entire audio yesterday, I didn't think Marrone's reaction was in proportion to what was coming at him.

I'm no nob polisher when it comes to Belichek, but I will say that his approach to dealing with the media is a very good one (granted, it may not be an approach that others can replicate).

Naturally. But there's still only a finite amount of ways to really ask the same thing differently, before you're asking the same thing the same way with just different words (I hope that doesn't come off as too convoluted :lol:). That said, I do agree Marrone did respond a bit more harshly than justified.

And screw Belichick :angry:

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Yea it was brutal to watch. Miami sure did spend a ton of free agent money on potential and unproven players. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out

The same way the Philly "Dream Team" did, though maybe a little better-10-6 tops with an early playoff exit if they make it

I'll be anxious to see what Manuel does in preseason games. If it's even a marginally close call, you go with Manuel. I just don't see much downside to starting him, provided he's not clearly out of his depth. To my mind, there's a really good chance you get 1 of 2 outcomes: Either he shows enough to make the team believe that they got their QB, or he stinks it up (and the team stinks along with him) and we're back where we started in the next draft.

I'll be anxious to see what Manuel does in preseason games. If it's even a marginally close call, you go with Manuel. I just don't see much downside to starting him, provided he's not clearly out of his depth. To my mind, there's a really good chance you get 1 of 2 outcomes: Either he shows enough to make the team believe that they got their QB, or he stinks it up (and the team stinks along with him) and we're back where we started in the next draft.

Which is exactly how it should be. They gotta hit on a quarterback one of these years.

Bills have the backs to help out Manuel big time, but maybe not the line anymore. If they can find someone to start at LG who can run block better than Levitre (shouldn't be that hard), then they can lean on the run/play action game. Manuel can sling it beautifully and we have at the speed at WR. Doesn't hurt that he's fast, either.

Listened to Manuel on Murphy's show. It was my first time hearing him speak at any length.

The guy just sounds like he could get it done. Maybe not this year, but -- I dunno how to say it -- he just really, really sounds like he could fit the part. There's intelligence there. Optimism. A clear work ethic. He oozes a genuine love of the game (effortlessly references a quote Cris Carter game about never working a day in his life). That crisp and strong "Yes, sir!" at the end of the interview. He's just a man.

Put that together with the obvious physical tools, and I just have a hopeful feeling about the guy.

And while it's almost certainly a completely bogus analysis, but -- fuggit. I specifically recall hearing Losman interviewed following the draft and thinking "Wait, that's the guy we drafted? That guy will never be a good NFL quarterback." Fair or not fair (and obviously it wound up true) -- it was what he said and even how he was saying it -- that nasally high timber voice with the slight SoCal drawl. "Uh-uh -- no way," I thought.

As for Fitz? He definitely could and did say all the correct things (well, the girly screaming notwithstanding (video below)) and generally sounded the part as well. He just had physical limitations.

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.