The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

• 1 month later...

Just announced this morning on Hockey Hotline, there will be a weekly Hockey Insiders segment. Once a month Elliott Friedman, Chris Johnston, Ryan Kennedy and Craig Custance will be on Hockey Hotline on a rotating basis. Sounds like one show per week, starts with Friedman tomorrow at 11 AM.

Edited by BRAWNDO

Just announced this morning on Hockey Hotline, there will be a weekly Hockey Insiders segment. Once a month Elliott Friedman, Chris Johnston, Ryan Kennedy and Craig Custance will be on Hockey Hotline on a rotating basis. Sounds like one show per week, starts with Friedman tomorrow at 11 AM.

Wonder if the Hockey Insiders segment will be sponsored by Dicken's Cider?

• 2 weeks later...

Promo gets a star. At least GR waited 3 years to go with the idea...

http://forums.sabres...alloween-candy/

How did I miss that?! I must have been doing my time in SDS' slammer. Wonderful. What a brilliant mind. If only it could be used for good and not evil.

No Turtles? That would be Kaleta, no?

• 2 months later...

Interesting stuff today for a change. Is a women's pro league viable? Would Buffalo support a team?

The problem with women's hockey is the lack of checking. It looks like an NHL all star game. This isn't 1940s A League of Their Own. Let them check and I might watch. Or go to the other extreme like the Lingerie Football League.

The problem with women's hockey is the lack of checking. It looks like an NHL all star game. This isn't 1940s A League of Their Own. Let them check and I might watch. Or go to the other extreme like the Lingerie Football League.

That could work out veeeery badly. For every 1 Cammie Granato there's probably 10 more that look like Dave Schultz in drag.

This doesn't look like an All Star Game to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aeoFvtM8OQ

That said, I don't think fighting would be a necessary component for a women's league to be successful. It'd just need to be good, intense, high-effort hockey to be entertaining. It's already shown to be reasonably successful in Olympic Women's Hockey and D1 Women's Hockey. A women's team could easily fill the Harbor Center. I watched the lady Badgers all the time under Mark Johnson and I had an excellent time- they were often Saturday and Sunday afternoon games and it was definitely a family-friendly environment that was great (and cheap) for kids -especially young women and girls- to come watch.

Buffalo Broadswords?

That said, I don't think fighting would be a necessary component for a women's league to be successful. It'd just need to be good, intense, high-effort hockey to be entertaining. It's already shown to be reasonably successful in Olympic Women's Hockey and D1 Women's Hockey. A women's team could easily fill the Harbor Center. I watched the lady Badgers all the time under Mark Johnson and I had an excellent time- they were often Saturday and Sunday afternoon games and it was definitely a family-friendly environment that was great (and cheap) for kids -especially young women and girls- to come watch.

Buffalo Broadswords?

Stilettos?

Buffalo Broadswords?

I'll echo all of these sentiments as a fan of the RIT women's team for many years. They always appreciated the support and when they played higher level opponents it was a lot of fun to watch even without checking. Now that they've moved to D1 it's just good hockey. Skilled. The way it was meant to be played.

Meh, that's rare for women. I'm talking about legal checking. There's a reason why women's sports never come close in attendance to the men's equivilant, even with lower price tickets. They're watered down versions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.