The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

It's what he knew for just about his entire professional career.

Right but the game has evolved. The 4th line is still pretty much grinders but the 3rd line is your D zone players. Guys hard to play against and responsible defensively with some ability to score.

Right but the game has evolved. The 4th line is still pretty much grinders but the 3rd line is your D zone players. Guys hard to play against and responsible defensively with some ability to score.

You know that.  I know that.  Peters only knows what he saw in his career.  Pluggers and grinders in the bottom 6 of mediocre teams.

The Larsson of the AHL looked smart enough and responsible enough for an NHL third line, enjoys contact enough and is prickish enough for the fourth line, and might have enough skill for the second line. He can play centre and wing.

He doesn't have the exact same skill set as Hecht, but he has the same utility in that he can be moved around and depended on.

Don't expect a lot of three-point nights, but guys like that are good to have around

Edited by dudacek

The Larsson of the AHL looked smart enough and responsible enough for an NHL third line, enjoys contact enough and is prickish enough for the fourth line, and might have enough skill for the second line. He can play centre and wing.

He doesn't have the exact same skill set as Hecht, but he has the same utility in that he can be moved around and depended on.

Don't expect a lot of three-point nights, but guys like that are good to have around

I like the Hecht comparison.

Another casualty of Regier having no idea how to build a team. Everything said and done I liked Jochen.

Could have gone down as scoring one of the biggest goals in franchise history of not for:

a. Strabismus/botched cranial surgery

b. MRSA

c. Excessive sweating

d. Brind'Amour's Chondritis

• 2 weeks later...

Inspired by Peters telling Grigorenko how to get better, I'm going to tell Peters how to get better: listen to, and try to emulate, Mike Robitaille. By my ear they're on the same side of the ledger with many of their points, just that Robitaille is in a different stratosphere when it comes to communicating the arguments. I think Peters mostly comes off as a rambling fool, but Robitaille comes off as respectful disagreement and simply articulates things in a way that makes way more sense and is far less obnoxious. 

I miss Roby on broadcasts :(

Inspired by Peters telling Grigorenko how to get better, I'm going to tell Peters how to get better: listen to, and try to emulate, Mike Robitaille. By my ear they're on the same side of the ledger with many of their points, just that Robitaille is in a different stratosphere when it comes to communicating the arguments. I think Peters mostly comes off as a rambling fool, but Robitaille comes off as respectful disagreement and simply articulates things in a way that makes way more sense and is far less obnoxious. 

I miss Roby on broadcasts :(

Don't worry, i'm pretty sure Roby is still in his basement analyzing the Sabre's play to nobody in particular, still probably thinks he's on the broadcast.

Bucky's "holier than thou" column that apparently ran in yesterday or today's paper.  I haven't read Bucky or Sullivan in years, and I'm not about to resume reading them now, so I don't know.

The only problem with it was does he even realize how many times his partner Jeremy has used the "you don't get it" line with the holiest of thou tone arguing the other side.

Worst. Season. Ever.

Cant end soon enough.

The only problem with it was does he even realize how many times his partner Jeremy has used the "you don't get it" line with the holiest of thou tone arguing the other side.

Worst. Season. Ever.

Cant end soon enough.

Fair point re Jeremy.

Bucky's "holier than thou" column that apparently ran in yesterday or today's paper.  I haven't read Bucky or Sullivan in years, and I'm not about to resume reading them now, so I don't know.

Worst. Season. Ever.

Cant end soon enough.

Fair point re Jeremy.

Yea I don't read them either. 

Agree re Jeremy too. He is almost unlistenable most mornings and his constant use of the word "like" and talking over Howard is too much for me. His holier than thou despite no background in the material he's talking about would be similar to me taking over the top positions on astro physics. 

Yea I don't read them either. 

Agree re Jeremy too. He is almost unlistenable most mornings and his constant use of the word "like" and talking over Howard is too much for me. His holier than thou despite no background in the material he's talking about would be similar to me taking over the top positions on astro physics. 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I really enjoy listening to Howard and Jeremy, and I particularly find Jeremy to be very funny.  But he definitely has been preaching about losing far too vehemently and for far too long.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I really enjoy listening to Howard and Jeremy, and I particularly find Jeremy to be very funny.  But he definitely has been preaching about losing far too vehemently and for far too long.

Different strokes I suppose. But his dismissive demeanor to those who don't agree with his tankfest is a bit much. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.