Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

I'm a total metal head and have three shows the first week of August. 

Aug 1st at St. Joe's ampitheater in Syracuse - Mudvayne, Coal Chamber, Gwar, Nonpoint and Butcher Babies.

Aug 3rd at Darien - Jelly Roll (not metal, but still excellent).

Aug 6th at Darien - Godsmack, Staind and Nothing More.

A friend of mine is coming up from Tampa and she wants to hit all these shows. Might add Pantera and Lamb of God, but not sure I can handle another show within 8 days.

21 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

Went to Paramore (wife’s favorite) this past Saturday and saw the Gaslight Anthem (my favorite) earlier in the year.

I Saw Gaslight Anthem open up for The Misfits last week at Pru Center. Sitting upstairs the vocal mixing was awful and you could barely make out even stage banter. The Misfits set was much better as the crowd sang along with every song and served as a de facto sound system.

11 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

90’s Canadian rockers Our Lady Peace

The video doesn’t visually speak to the quality of their work, but the song is a popular one. 

That's good.  But Starseed is better.  MHO.  YMMV.

And the title track from that album is probably this kid's favorite:

15 hours ago, sabremike said:

I Saw Gaslight Anthem open up for The Misfits last week at Pru Center. Sitting upstairs the vocal mixing was awful and you could barely make out even stage banter. The Misfits set was much better as the crowd sang along with every song and served as a de facto sound system.

That’s so disappointing 😞

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Parliament-Funkadelic tonight. I mean… it’s not remotely the original lineup, it’s now some of their grandkids, but it’s being billed as George Clinton’s farewell tour. 

I saw that show a couple years ago. They do a good job with it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Went to Tedeschi Trucks Friday and Saturday at Red Rocks. Just amazing both times. 17-18 songs per night, no songs the same between the two nights. 

I looked on Setlist.fm and on their summer tour they played about 85 different songs. 

Best moment for me was on Saturday they played the Allman Brothers "Dreams" and the sky in the distance (maybe 30 miles to the East) had a cloud lightning show going on.... just awesome from the 40th row where I could see it framed up right above the stage.

Also, Susan Tedeschi is a total blues rock goddess. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I was going to go see George Strait at Raymond James stadium this weekend, but it's a billion dollars to sit on the freakin roof. 

Remember when concerts cost 45 bucks?

Nope, I remember going to hardcore punk rock shows for $5 - $7 at River Rock Cafe, Pipe Dragon and the Skyroom. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ubkev said:

I was going to go see George Strait at Raymond James stadium this weekend, but it's a billion dollars to sit on the freakin roof. 

Remember when concerts cost 45 bucks?

George Strait was one of the first artists to play at Dickies Arena here in Fort Worth in November 2019 just before the pandemic.  I thought it would be a good show to see but tickets were ridiculous and sold out in seconds.  They were even more ridiculous on the resale market.

2 hours ago, TheAud said:

Place looks packed

It was... eventually.  I think it was a sold-out show.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/31/2023 at 8:49 AM, That Aud Smell said:

I saw that show a couple years ago. They do a good job with it.

I did get to see a live version of Maggot Brain by Michael 'Kidd Funkdelic' Hampton (which is how he got into the band in the '70s; his live version is the on One Nation Under a Groove). That was pretty cool.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.