Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

Ever buy a ticket and forget you did?  I bought tickets for They Might Be Giants in Portsmouth, NH for their 40th anniversary of the album Flood tour. Show was cancelled last year, rescheduled for tonight.  If I didn't get an email from the venue I would have totally spaced it.

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ever buy a ticket and forget you did?  I bought tickets for They Might Be Giants in Portsmouth, NH for their 40th anniversary of the album Flood tour. Show was cancelled last year, rescheduled for tonight.  If I didn't get an email from the venue I would have totally spaced it.

Good thing they had your e-mail.

Could see where that could be a fun show.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Good thing they had your e-mail.

Could see where that could be a fun show.

Just got home. Great show. Played for 2.5 hrs.  Did all of Flood with other deep cuts mixed in. Very casual show, lots of crowd banter. Actually sang and played a song backwards, taped it, then during intermission played that video in reverse to prove they really played a song backwards.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just got home. Great show. Played for 2.5 hrs.  Did all of Flood with other deep cuts mixed in. Very casual show, lots of crowd banter. Actually sang and played a song backwards, taped it, then during intermission played that video in reverse to prove they really played a song backwards.

These are the kinds of things that make that band so awesome. I saw them once, in Buffalo, back in like 1994. They were amazing.

On 9/2/2022 at 10:28 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Robert Plant and Allison Krauss on Tuesday.

Just saw them at Red Rocks this past Thursday. Very enjoyable show.  Some dancing but more of a musical adventure than pop concert. 

They did a version of When the Levee Breaks that I can only describe as prog rock bluegrass style. 

• Like (+1) 1

This week it's Elton John in Syracuse with my super fan 23-year-old kid. Bought tickets more than a year ago, moved since then, so now I have to fly back to go to the show.  He is actually wearing an Elton John inspired outfit that he made, so it should be fun to see people's reactions. 

• 2 weeks later...

Trip back to NY State next weekend for Goo Goo Dolls in Buffalo Saturday night and The Killers at Turning Stone on Monday night.  By far, the smallest venue on The Killers' tour.  Getting excited, love going back home and I've had these tickets forever, it seems like.

Saw Meshuggah last night.

Holy *****!

They are just different, and definitely better, live. It may have been the most immersive show I have ever been to.

It’s pretty amazing, in this day and age, for there to be no screens. It was all lights and backdrops. No moving images except the band (and they barely move.) Absolutely wonderful.

I cannot recommend seeing them enough.