Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

On 3/23/2023 at 12:44 PM, CallawaySabres said:

Front row to Darius Rucker. I like Darius but more excited about front row for sure. Got very lucky on the presale...

Wow. I'm going, too. Bought pre-sale but up in balcony.

The main reason we're going though is for the opening band.

Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors are my wife & my absolute favorite for the past few years.

Druving up from Chautauqua & making it a date night overnight at hotel after what is sure to be a great show.

Maybe we'll see you there?!

16 hours ago, ubkev said:

I wish rap/hip hop wasn't so awful to see in concert, because this lineup is insanely awesome. 

So true.  I haven’t seen a hip hop concert, outside of like the Grammys, that sounds anything close to good.  Music is distorted and there are 7 dudes on the stage screaming into the mic.  Just not good.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, inkman said:

So true.  I haven’t seen a hip hop concert, outside of like the Grammys, that sounds anything close to good.  Music is distorted and there are 7 dudes on the stage screaming into the mic.  Just not good.  

That was true when I saw Nelly. It was true when I saw Nas. It was true for Lil Kim. HOWEVER: I once saw The Game come out with a DJ, one mic and a stool and do the closest thing to a live album that you're ever going to hear in rap music. 

Tedeschi Trucks Band at Red Rocks (2 shows)

Gov’t Mule at Red Rocks; playing Dark Side of the Moon straight through. 

Bryan Adams/Joan Jett at Ball Arena

Rod Stewart/Cheap Trick at Ball Arena

Aerosmith/Black Crowes at Ball Arena

Those are the shows I have tickets for. Several others I play the last minute reseller game and will grab a ticket right before the show if they drop enough.

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

Quick concert reviews

The Cure: maybe the most chill concert I’ve ever been to.  Robert Smith still sounds great

BNL plus Five for Fighting with del Amitri.  Only knew one del Amitri song, but the band had a good sound and sounds great live.  Five for Fighting was excellent as well.  Love Chances and Superman. BNL puts on a great live show.  Ed’s voice was stratchy at times, but the band is so much fun and has fun which makes for a great show.  One Week is impossible to do live.

Still have Depeche Mode and Morrissey later in the year.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

On 7/1/2023 at 9:35 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Quick concert reviews

The Cure: maybe the most chill concert I’ve ever been to.  Robert Smith still sounds great

BNL plus Five for Fighting with del Amitri.  Only knew one del Amitri song, but the band had a good sound and sounds great live.  Five for Fighting was excellent as well.  Love Chances and Superman. BNL puts on a great live show.  Ed’s voice was stratchy at times, but the band is so much fun and has fun which makes for a great show.  One Week is impossible to do live.

Still have Depeche Mode and Morrissey later in the year.

Del Amitri is absolutely excellent.  Would love to see them live.

Have seen BNL at least 6 times but wouldn't go to see them if Steven isn't there.  Just too much of their catalog needs his voice.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Del Amitri is absolutely excellent.  Would love to see them live.

Have seen BNL at least 6 times but wouldn't go to see them if Steven isn't there.  Just too much of their catalog needs his voice.

They played Old Apartment and Brian Wilson during the set and both sounded just fine without Page.  I think Ed said during the show how much del Amitri sounds just like they do in the studio.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Just bought Meshuggah tickets for December. Cant wait for my wife to see them.

Also have VOLA tickets for September.

Jinjer is playing in Niagara Falls in August. Really going to try to get back for that.

Rapids Theater?

On 6/6/2023 at 9:19 AM, inkman said:

This is generally true. There are some acts that were able to melt your face (in a good way) even back in the late 80s and 90s -- Public Enemy was one of them. Boogie Down Productions as well.

BNL puts on a great live show.  Ed’s voice was stratchy at times, but the band is so much fun and has fun which makes for a great show.  One Week is impossible to do live.

Caught their show at Artpark. It's become a summer tradition at this point. They are true professionals. And I mean that as a high compliment. They put on such a good show. Added bonus: The drummer (Tyler?) is always mic'd and is usually good for 2 or 3 random Irv Weinstein/Commander Tom/WKBW references.

On 7/2/2023 at 3:55 PM, Taro T said:

I used to feel this way, but have come around to what they are now. I've even opened up to the best elements of their new material. This one especially, which they performed at Artpark. A haunting ballad worthy of Gordon Lightfoot.

One Week is impossible to do live.

As Ed said before they launched into it: "Say as many words as you can. I'll be doing the same."

47 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Just got ticket to Peter Gabriel in Buffalo HSBC in September 

I was (am) a huge, huge fan. If I can get over my bad feelings from the So 25th anniversary show in Toronto, I may grab a ticket to this one. I'm on the fence for now.

49 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I was (am) a huge, huge fan. If I can get over my bad feelings from the So 25th anniversary show in Toronto, I may grab a ticket to this one. I'm on the fence for now  

You have to move on Taro.  Time just keeps ticking …

• Shocked 1

50 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

As Ed said before they launched into it: "Say as many words as you can. I'll be doing the same."

My daughters had a thing where they could do it to perfection when they were young teens/tweens.

They’re in their mid-20s now. Was in the car on a holiday with them this spring when out of nowhere they suddenly ripped through it from the back seat.

They have no idea how happy it made their dad.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/23/2023 at 12:44 PM, CallawaySabres said:

Front row to Darius Rucker. I like Darius but more excited about front row for sure. Got very lucky on the presale...

It was a great show. I caught a guitar pick from Darius and another one from the guitar player....chances???????

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You have to move on Taro Smell.  Time just keeps ticking …

Ftfy.

I hear you. I've seen him perform several times. I was little when I saw the Plays Live tour with my uncle. Later, I helped pass him overhead when he jumped into the crowd at the So show at UB Alumni Arena. The New Blood Orchestra show  was incredible. I'm considering whether I'm good with the fond memories that I have and whether I want to avoid the risk of tarnishing them with less than optimal experiences. Also relevant: To his credit, he's heavily featuring his new music on this tour. I've listened to each track he's released (upon each new moon? full moon?). They don't do much for me.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, dudacek said:

My daughters had a thing where they could do it to perfection when they were young teens/tweens.

They’re in their mid-20s now. Was in the car on a holiday with them this spring when out of nowhere they suddenly ripped through it from the back seat.

They have no idea how happy it made their dad.

It's a gem. It was released in 2017. Was the band performing it live prior to then? Or maybe your girls were older than you recall when they used to sing it?

32 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

It's a gem. It was released in 2017. Was the band performing it live prior to then? Or maybe your girls were older than you recall when they used to sing it?

I was talking about the tongue-twister sections from One Week, did I misread something?

EDIT: oh wait, the video was still in my quote. Sorry about that.

Edited by dudacek

53 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I was talking about the tongue-twister sections from One Week, did I misread something?

EDIT: oh wait, the video was still in my quote. Sorry about that.

haha - oh, sorry. yes. i gotchu.

man, i would have been BEAMING to hear my adult kids run that one back. "we're don la maison." (sp?)

also, birchmount stadium, home of the robbie.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.