Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Interesting.

I wonder if the city doesn’t draw people from surrounding regions as well as it might because of how tricky it can be to drive around there. I mean: There you are, chilling in lane 3 of 4, and GPS tells you, “in 1000 feet, take the exit on your right.” Gah! Can’t get over. Missed it. Now I’m in a tunnel. What’s that? Next exit is in 12 miles.

It's a beautiful city, but it's really constricted. Like you said, if you miss your turn, you're screwed.

I can't remember the show, maybe Godsmack at Darien. And they were in Pitt the night before. They said it sucked there and that NY kicked their ass. And then he went on to say how the Yankees sucked though, they are from Boston.

So I looked up their show in Pittsburgh, and the place was like half full. It was pitiful. So it's weird to me that Metallica is only playing 2 stadium shows. Small market Buffalo and notoriously bad concert attendance Pittsburgh. But I can guarantee that there are a big number of fans that will attend both shows.

Idk, the whole thing seems weird to me. Metallica has been in Europe too. I think Buffalo might be their first show back in the states. 

All I know, this is prolly the last time I'll see them live. And to see them at Highmark is going to be unreal. I'm gonna go from 6 to 12 when I walk in there.

• Like (+1) 1

I was at the Earth Wind and Fire concert last night in Artpark in Lewiston.  I'm not a huge fan of the bad but some family members wanted to go.

The worst run concert I have ever been to in Artpark.  Living in that area, I went to a bunch of concerts years ago when they were free on Tuesdays, and recently I'd say we have been to 10-15 in the past 10 years.

I have no idea who was running this but it was an awful experience.

-They sold way too many tickets.  Once you got inside, there was zero space to sit even on the lawn. People started putting down seats on the path making it hard to  walk around, and if you were one of the last thousand or so people to come in, the only seating let was on the path/lawn behind the concessions and the porta-bathrooms. Yes, people had to sit facing the back of the bathroom and concessions stand with no view of the stage.

-We live 15 minutes away, we figured we'd leave the house an hour before the start time?  Bad idea. Parking lot was full. All street parking was full. We ended up finding a spot down by the waterfront and had a 15 minute walk just to get to the entrace to Artpark.

-Once you got there, the line started outside the main gait, all the way up the hill (maybe 1/4 mile long)  The wait just to get into Artpark was over 30 minutes.

I haven't been to a concert there in a few years, but they really have to get things together. Biggest issue was they sold too many tickets. You can't sell so many general admission tickets so that even when people jam onto the lawn area, there were hundreds of people left over with no where to sit other than on the side or the side/behind the stage area right across from restrooms.

• Eyeroll 1

Watched a bit on the local news and they were saying Bruce springsteen and the estreet band are charging like $5000 for a seat. I think there is a large disconnect with these musicians. I could dig deep and find the money but absolutely not. Its nuts.

Did something tonight I had been hoping to pull off. Waited until Mavis Staples, the opening act, took the stage and tickets on the secondary market dropped like a rock. Picked up row 34 center stage (face value over $100) for $40 each and then the Mrs. and I boogied over to Red Rocks and parked in the distant paw paw patch. Caught a taxi up the hill ($10) and made it to our seats to catch Mavis end her set with "I'll Take You There".  Then we watched Bonnie Raitt, who is an American Treasure, and her band put on an excellent show. We headed out before the encore and hoofed it downhill about 15 minutes walking and beat the traffic that was just emerging. Time to walk the dog and get into bed for work tomorrow.  

Getting the hang of this living in Colorado business...

• Like (+1) 1

The Metallica show at Highmark last night was absolutely amazing. They were so f'n good. Actually played for just over 2 hours. The nearly 60 year old James Hetfield sounded better than he did 20 years ago. And I was pleasantly surprised with Greta Van Fleet. The place was absolutely packed when Metallica came on. Best stadium concert I have seen in prolly forever. Buffalo brought it last night. 

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/12/2022 at 4:10 AM, Claude Balls said:

The Metallica show at Highmark last night was absolutely amazing. They were so f'n good. Actually played for just over 2 hours. The nearly 60 year old James Hetfield sounded better than he did 20 years ago. And I was pleasantly surprised with Greta Van Fleet. The place was absolutely packed when Metallica came on. Best stadium concert I have seen in prolly forever. Buffalo brought it last night. 

Truly an excellent show.  As soon as the sun dropped below the scoreboard the temperature dropped a good 20 degrees and the weather was excellent from then.  The 1st act (Ice Nine Kills) played for just over 40 minutes and were quite theatrical.  Greta Van Fleet played for an hour.  Then Metallica played for 2 hours with a bunch of the songs having some (or all) of the band set up on a small stage in the middle of the crowd.  And it got dark just as they hit the stage.  Perfectly timed & the 6PM start finally made sense.

Disappointed they didn't play the Unforgiven, but that's a minor complaint.  GREAT show.  Had everything.  The band was energized, the videos tracked well.  Had layers, fireworks, & LOUD.  Had never seen Metallica live.  Went with the kids.  It was worth the price of admission.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The last time I saw Metallica was the World Magnetic Tour in 09. James sounded worse than average and Lars was struggling to keep up. It still wasn't a bad show, but my major complaint is that they played Creeping Death for you ***** in Buffalo the night before and on the night I saw them they swapped it out for Ride the Lightning. 

17 minutes ago, ubkev said:

The last time I saw Metallica was the World Magnetic Tour in 09. James sounded worse than average and Lars was struggling to keep up. It still wasn't a bad show, but my major complaint is that they played Creeping Death for you ***** in Buffalo the night before and on the night I saw them they swapped it out for Ride the Lightning. 

Ha!  That was the 2nd song they played Thursday.

They actually played both as bookends around Enter Sandman.

The Strokes and Chili Peppers rocked Nashville Friday night.  Awesome show.  It was also my first time in Nashville.  I had no idea how much fun that city is.  Spent all day Saturday honky tonkin' on Broadway and visiting the cool stores in between.  Will definitely do again!

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/11/2022 at 11:19 PM, Sakman said:

Did something tonight I had been hoping to pull off. Waited until Mavis Staples, the opening act, took the stage and tickets on the secondary market dropped like a rock. Picked up row 34 center stage (face value over $100) for $40 each and then the Mrs. and I boogied over to Red Rocks and parked in the distant paw paw patch. Caught a taxi up the hill ($10) and made it to our seats to catch Mavis end her set with "I'll Take You There".  Then we watched Bonnie Raitt, who is an American Treasure, and her band put on an excellent show. We headed out before the encore and hoofed it downhill about 15 minutes walking and beat the traffic that was just emerging. Time to walk the dog and get into bed for work tomorrow.  

Getting the hang of this living in Colorado business...

That hill up to Red Rocks is no joke!

• Like (+1) 1

Headed to US Bank stadium shortly for Rammstein.  We’ve been in Minny since Thursday evening.  

Just left a British pub.  Crazy energy in there with Arsenal on all the TVs.

Hopefully the show this evening delivers.  So far the trip has been awesome.  Minneapolis is an awesome hang out.

Bill Burr show was great last night.  He did at least 1.5 hours himself with several Buffalo specific bits too.  He really is one of the best in the business.

Next show Im going to is Monday night, August 29th at the Mohawk place.  My band is lucky enough to be opening for Daikaiju, one of the best, if not the best, surf bands doing it today. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Weave said:

Headed to US Bank stadium shortly for Rammstein.  We’ve been in Minny since Thursday evening.  

Just left a British pub.  Crazy energy in there with Arsenal on all the TVs.

Hopefully the show this evening delivers.  So far the trip has been awesome.  Minneapolis is an awesome hang out.

Crazy show.  The stage show was fantastic.  The set list was awesome.  

We got in line about 90 minutes before doors opened.  We had feure zone tickets, basically front and center pit.  Got thoroughly drenched by a rain storm while waiting for the doors to open.  We got our spot about 4 people deep from the front rail, dead center.  The crowd filled in around us, and it was really tight quarters by the time the opening act started.

The US Bank roof was closed, which turned out to be for the best, but it did limit the pyrotechnics somewhat.  Still, they call it the feure zone for a reason.  The pyro effects were HOT.

Halfway through the show I had a tornado warning pop up on my phone, complete with take shelter immediately warnings.  The show didn’t stop, but you could see the storm raging outside.

Didnt expect so much clowning from Till.  He was really hamming it up.  It was pretty damned funny.

First time in decades I was at a show that had women flashing their tits.  Didn’t expect that. 

It was a hell of a show.  Kind of surreal given all the pyro, craziness, and a tornado raging somewhere outside.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Crazy show.  The stage show was fantastic.  The set list was awesome.  

We got in line about 90 minutes before doors opened.  We had feure zone tickets, basically front and center pit.  Got thoroughly drenched by a rain storm while waiting for the doors to open.  We got our spot about 4 people deep from the front rail, dead center.  The crowd filled in around us, and it was really tight quarters by the time the opening act started.

The US Bank roof was closed, which turned out to be for the best, but it did limit the pyrotechnics somewhat.  Still, they call it the feure zone for a reason.  The pyro effects were HOT.

Halfway through the show I had a tornado warning pop up on my phone, complete with take shelter immediately warnings.  The show didn’t stop, but you could see the storm raging outside.

Didnt expect so much clowning from Till.  He was really hamming it up.  It was pretty damned funny.

First time in decades I was at a show that had women flashing their tits.  Didn’t expect that. 

It was a hell of a show.  Kind of surreal given all the pyro, craziness, and a tornado raging somewhere outside.

Wednesday. Now you've got me all jacked up.

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

Wednesday. Now you've got me all jacked up.

I hope you’re up close.  The small details you miss further away are worth the price difference.

And even this old Man was smiling and laughing at getting doused with the soap cannon.

On 8/28/2022 at 8:48 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Currently at the Goo Goo Dolls.  The warm up band Blue October was pretty good.

I didn't know Blue October was still around. Cool. They had a hit when I was in college. I've seen the Goo's 6 times, but not since the Let Love In tour. They're consistently good in concert. 

On 8/27/2022 at 3:23 PM, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Bill Burr show was great last night.  He did at least 1.5 hours himself with several Buffalo specific bits too.  He really is one of the best in the business.

Next show Im going to is Monday night, August 29th at the Mohawk place.  My band is lucky enough to be opening for Daikaiju, one of the best, if not the best, surf bands doing it today. 

Daikaiju was amazing.  Very rarely does a band live up to expectations and they 100% crushed it.  

3221D4E0-52F4-456E-9BA7-AD6DC64EBC4D.thumb.jpeg.69449377ffe83c28e57ce748513050bf.jpeg

Next up is the Culture Club and the English Beat tonight at Artpark.  

Also picked up tickets last week to see Ween both nights they play Boston in October.

7 hours ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Daikaiju was amazing.  Very rarely does a band live up to expectations and they 100% crushed it.  

3221D4E0-52F4-456E-9BA7-AD6DC64EBC4D.thumb.jpeg.69449377ffe83c28e57ce748513050bf.jpeg

Next up is the Culture Club and the English Beat tonight at Artpark.  

Also picked up tickets last week to see Ween both nights they play Boston in October.

Shouldn't you already be at the show if you want to see it if it's at Art Park?

(Somebody, maybe you(?), was talking about how they crazily oversold a show earlier this summer.)