Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

Scored VIP tix to see Slipknot at Darien Lake on Sunday.  This is like the 4th or 5th time seeing them. Only once wasn't VIP seats. It’s good to know people.

And I start a new job on Monday.  Should be an interesting first day on the job.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ubkev said:

Got my tickets for Bill Burr in spring. Although ticketmaster tried their hardest to completely ***** me over with their jank-ass website. Had 3rd row center, ended up on the *****in roof.

Ticketmaster is the worst company in the world.

• Like (+1) 2

• 8 months later...

I was at the Barenaked Ladies' show at Artpark this week. Toad the Wet Sprocket and Gin Blossoms were on the bill as well.

I've always enjoyed BNL's music and especially their shows - that's with Steven Page and without. As to the latter, I have come to appreciate that the guys are true professionals - they deliver the goods.

A fun wrinkle for Buffalo-area shows is how familiar they all are with cultural references that are peculiar to WNY. Among other things, they clearly grew up watching our local ABC affiliate (they drop many references to and even do impersonations of Irv Weinstein, Commander Tom, @PromoTheRobot).

At the end of the show, the BNL drummer (Tyler Stewart) got out from behind the kit and did lead vocals on a medley of covers (with Ed going on drums). Fun stuff. At the conclusion of the songs - they're just grooving along to a cover of Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love - Stewart enthusiastically introduced the members of the band, and when it came back around to himself, he bellowed: "MY NAME! ... IS JERRRRRRY KORRRRAB!" 🤘

It was epic.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I was at the Barenaked Ladies' show at Artpark this week. Toad the Wet Sprocket and Gin Blossoms were on the bill as well.

I've always enjoyed BNL's music and especially their shows - that's with Steven Page and without. As to the latter, I have come to appreciate that the guys are true professionals - they deliver the goods.

A fun wrinkle for Buffalo-area shows is how familiar they all are with cultural references that are peculiar to WNY. Among other things, they clearly grew up watching our local ABC affiliate (they drop many references to and even do impersonations of Irv Weinstein, Commander Tom, @PromoTheRobot).

At the end of the show, the BNL drummer (Tyler Stewart) got out from behind the kit and did lead vocals on a medley of covers (with Ed going on drums). Fun stuff. At the conclusion of the songs - they're just grooving along to a cover of Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love - Stewart enthusiastically introduced the members of the band, and when it came back around to himself, he bellowed: "MY NAME! ... IS JERRRRRRY KORRRRAB!" 🤘

It was epic.

BNL is playing in NH Friday. Maybe I should go.

8 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

After two covid cancelations, Rage Against The Machine will finally play Key Bank on July 25th. Pumped! One of the few 90’s era bands I never got to see. 

They released more tix.  Tomorrow I am going to see what is left.

After 2 years of postponements, Rammstein’s US tour is finally on.  I’ll be in Minneapolis for that one at the end of August.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

BNL is playing in NH Friday. Maybe I should go.

They were great - lots of fun. You are unlikely to get a Jerry Korab reference, though. But I'm betting they'll be prepared with some local in-jokes.

12 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Two down (Haim, Tears for Fears) and 4 to go (Goo Goo Dolls, the Killers, Elton John and Robert Plant/Alison Krauss (rescheduled from a rain out)).

EXTREME BASS FACE!

Ngl - I have been digging the footage of those girls in their matching leather concert costumes.

10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

They were great - lots of fun. You are unlikely to get a Jerry Korab reference, though. But I'm betting they'll be prepared with some local in-jokes.

EXTREME BASS FACE!

Ngl - I have been digging the footage of those girls in their matching leather concert costumes.

Be nice.  They are extremely talented and put on a great show.   

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Be nice.  They are extremely talented and put on a great show.   

How's that not being nice?

I agree with what you've said. As a cis normative heterosexual fella, I also dig how they dress in leather (?) pants and bras for their shows.

Also, the sister who plays bass makes the best bass faces I've ever seen.

Haim_emma-McIntyre-COVER-e1558123029150.

On 8/4/2021 at 11:14 AM, Sakman said:

My next three months:

Lynyrd Skynyrd with Kansas at CMAC - cancelled due to COVID in the band

Dead & Co at Darien - went with my oldest kid

King Crimson at CMAC - didn't go - wife broke ankle

Darius Rucker at CMAC - didn't go - wife broke ankle

Gov't Mule and Trombone Shorty in Rochester - went with my middle kid

Almost Queen at State Theater Ithaca - went with my youngest kid

Robert Cray at Babeville - ended up giving tickets to my two oldest kids, a niece, and one of their roommates

Tedeschi Trucks Band at Beacon in NYC - went with my brother

I was happy to see this thread re-activated and read what everyone is doing. I went back to my last post (above with updates as to what actually happened) and couldn't help but think about that God enjoy a good laugh when I make plans. Also it seems that my wife is willing to go to extreme lengths to avoid going to concerts with me. 

Since then, much to my surprise, I only made it to one more CMAC show (Ringo Starr in May) before we ended up moving to Colorado. Now when I walk out my front door and look across the roofline, I see the Red Rocks Ampitheatre. 

Tickets to Tedeschi Trucks Band and Krauss/Plant at Red Rocks are acquired. Also have tickets to see Gov't Mule in a small theater in Boulder in September and The Who in the hockey arena in October. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/7/2022 at 3:54 PM, Porous Five Hole said:

After two covid cancelations, Rage Against The Machine will finally play Key Bank on July 25th. Pumped! One of the few 90’s era bands I never got to see. 

Got my tix to Rage last night!  I am pumped.  Expecting an amazing show.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We went and saw Jason Aldean the other night. Other than the venue being oversold, and it taking 2 hours at 50 minutes to get into a venue that is 17 minutes from my house, it was a good time. The band was tight. It was the first concert on their summer tour. Good stage show for a country band. Not quite Garth Brooks level, but still good. 

I saw Billie Eilish in April, and I have tix for Twenty One Pilots and Gorillaz in Sept. I saw TOP last Sept and they are incredible live. Such amazing energy and fans! NF put on a great show last October, too.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, biodork said:

I saw Billie Eilish in April, and I have tix for Twenty One Pilots and Gorillaz in Sept. I saw TOP last Sept and they are incredible live. Such amazing energy and fans! NF put on a great show last October, too.

Billie Eilish: 🤢🤮🤢, she may be the worst thing ever 😂😂

I may go see Coheed and Cambria in Pittsburgh next month, and My favorite artist Dermot Kennedy, was cancelled becuae he was Touring with Shawn Mendes, and Mendes got all sad and cancelled shows. 

49 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Billie Eilish: 🤢🤮🤢, she may be the worst thing ever 😂😂

I may go see Coheed and Cambria in Pittsburgh next month, and My favorite artist Dermot Kennedy, was cancelled becuae he was Touring with Shawn Mendes, and Mendes got all sad and cancelled shows. 

this ain't it. 

mental health can be a motherf*cker. we need no more proof of that than to see a young, successful entertainment superstar cite his own mental health issues when canceling a ~90-city mega tour.

I saw Willie Nile in Buffalo, outside at Fountain Plaza.  That was fun.  

Then I saw The Tedeschi Trucks Band at Art Park last week - they are one of my favorites right now.  

We are going on a "Blues Cruise" in late October.  Cruising from San Diego south and into the Sea of Cortez with several stops (Cabo, LaPaz, Loretto).   I will update on the lineup of blues artists as we get closer to cruise time.  

On 7/7/2022 at 3:54 PM, Porous Five Hole said:

what happened to dude's knee? i saw it on the tiktok (true story). is he okay? the shows go on?

On 7/7/2022 at 4:06 PM, North Buffalo said:

Going to see The War and Treaty... just Bonnie Raitt 

I have a lotta love for War and Treaty. They had a poorly publicized (and lightly attended) show at Babeville's small room a few years ago -- I was grateful for the chance to see them up close, trying out what was then new material.

13 hours ago, biodork said:

This an interesting collection of shows. My oldest was big into TOP for a while - I enjoyed their music and became aware that their live shows are an experience.

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I saw Willie Nile in Buffalo, outside at Fountain Plaza. 

What a legend - I was bummed to miss this.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 2