Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

Currently watching an AC/DC cover band play some super deep cuts. They went from Walk All Over You into The Razors Edge. 

Here come the crowd pleasers. Back in Black followed by Let There Be Rock.

Work goes by faster when there's a pretty good cover band playing.

• 1 month later...

I've been going to some concerts where I am only somewhat familiar with the artists and left them both as a more dedicated fan, seeking out more of their stuff. This is the first time I have ever done this. Anyway, in the past week I checked out Blackberry Smoke at one show and Brandi Carlisle at another. Quite different musically but I am enjoying both of them on Spotify. Both are true artists, dedicated to their craft and excellent live.  

The audiences were also quite different I might add. Lots of Rednecks and Lesbians, but not on the same night. I am neither, but both were great crowds.   

BBS opening act was the Allman Betts Band. I am a massive Allman Brothers Band fan but I can only say "eh" to their progeny. Seem like nice guys, gave it a good go. 

The opening act for Brandi was Rickie Lee Jones, from back in the day. My God she was bad. 

I’ve got a ticket to see Larry Carlton at the Ludlow Garage in 8/13. I’m a guitar player so I expect to have my jaw on the floor for the entire evening. It’s also cool to see a show at the Ludlow Garage because there is an excellent Allman Bros live album that was recorded there in 1970.

• Like (+1) 1

I've got a few lined up ... Gregory Alan Isakov which I already mentioned, Band of Horses and the soulful Leon Bridges. There are a few I decided to sit out on because bots are little sneaky dickheads and steal all the tickets then jack up the prices.

I'm praying Rage Against the Machine and Run the Jewels announce their tour that got canceled due to COVID because I had tickets to that and was insanely excited.

Have to go to New Haven to see King Crimson on September 5 due to other obligations. But I won't miss what is likely their last US  tour. Seeing Alice Cooper in NH on September 18. Also just scored tickets to see Sparks in Boston in 2022. 

I was in Chicago a week before Lollapalooza and saw the preparations. Glad I wasn't there. What a zoo. Didn't know 90% of the acts.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 6/12/2021 at 11:14 AM, ubkev said:

My buddy just informed me that we'll be going to see Uncle Kracker at the NYS Fair in September. Suppose that's as good a day as any to get blackout drunk and eat all the Dinosaur BBQ and Twin Trees pizza that I can gorge myself with.

Change of plans. Can't get blackout drunk anymore because Blues Traveler is playing the Fair that night as well and I have to be awake for them. We're on a 3 beer maximum before 7pm.

• Haha (+1) 1

Hope the Covid numbers start receding again.  All these concerts are very tenuous.  Garth Brooks is going to "reassess his stadium tour" here in a couple weeks, which sucks because I have tickets to the Cincinnati show September 18.

The BJ concert next Saturday at Rich is getting dicey for me. Outdoors, with KN95 mask, I don't plan on being passed around the mosh pit during Scenes from an Italian Restaurant — check. Rising cases (but not sure about WNY), people traveling from hot spots, very close proximity to lots of people who'll be shouting/singing/nodding off, much more transmissible variant+hours of possible exposure, plus the possibility that vaccine effectiveness is waning after seven months, especially in the elderly I work around — a little scary.

My next three months:

Lynyrd Skynyrd with Kansas at CMAC

Dead & Co at Darien

King Crimson at CMAC

Darius Rucker at CMAC

Gov't Mule and Trombone Shorty in Rochester

Almost Queen at State Theater Ithaca

Robert Cray at Babeville

Tedeschi Trucks Band at Beacon in NYC

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, clink said:

Ministry/Helmet at Riverworks in October. 

Genesis at KeyBank in November. 

Welcome!!

Sent you a beer.

Is Genesis still a touring thing?  Are there any original members left?  Genesis was great until about 1973 and then they did Lamb on Broadway in '75 (I think) and that was it really.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
more goodly typing ...
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Welcome!!

Sent you a beer.

Is Genesis still a touring thing?  Are there any original members left?  Genesis was great until about 1973 and then they did Lamb on Braodway in '75 (I think) and that was it really.

I agree that Genesis was best when Peter Gabriel was part of the band.  I enjoyed a lot of their stuff after he left, but it was more poppy and simply not as good.  Without Gabriel they quickly moved away from prog rock and into more profitable pop rock.

• Like (+1) 1