GDT: Tampa Bay at Sabres 2/11/12 7:00 PM

deluca67

Did someone say playoffs? The Sabres have played no bigger game to date than the one they have tonight.

A win at least keeps pace and possibly gain some ground.

A Tampa win and the Sabres lose much of what has been gained over this stretch. Especially if the Islanders win as well.

This will definite;y be a tired bunch but at least it's at home. It's tough to take Miller out but Lindy HAS to do it. Somehow, they have to pour everything into this game, get Miller re-energized for another few great performances and hope Toronto's goaltending falls apart again. Tampa will come in playing very hard and let's not forget they were a goal away from the Cup last year.

I think if Buffalo is to win this one, it will be of the 5-4 types which we rarely see in this city anymore. Don't wait until Miller has the bad game to rest him Lindy, do it now and save the 2 points.

This will definite;y be a tired bunch but at least it's at home. It's tough to take Miller out but Lindy HAS to do it. Somehow, they have to pour everything into this game, get Miller re-energized for another few great performances and hope Toronto's goaltending falls apart again. Tampa will come in playing very hard and let's not forget they were a goal away from the Cup last year.

I think if Buffalo is to win this one, it will be of the 5-4 types which we rarely see in this city anymore. Don't wait until Miller has the bad game to rest him Lindy, do it now and save the 2 points.

The game plan should consist of three words, Attack, Attack, Attack.

Tampa has the worst goal-tending in the league and their PK and PP units are near the bottom of the league. Show the Lightning zero respect, start scrums, crash the net, bang Stamkos every chance they get.

Tough choice. Miller is playing well, but Enroth is in danger of rusting to the bench. Hasn't played since Jan 18 against Chicago. 24 days since his last start is a long time to go without game play.

WHo's hot? SABRES!!!

Been a killer hockey week. Feels like I live at the Arena. I bet people don't leave early tonight.

Hey there are worse places you could be... Try and ER during flu season... It sucks having people cough on you.

I am sure it is a grind, but I would trade places in a second.

Did someone say playoffs? The Sabres have played no bigger game to date than the one they have tonight.

A win at least keeps pace and possibly gain some ground.

A Tampa win and the Sabres lose much of what has been gained over this stretch. Especially if the Islanders win as well.

Yep... Their chances SOAR .9% with a win tonight. They will have a solid 3.6% chance with a win and a 1.4% chance with a loss....

I'm in the Miller camp for this game. Only 34 games played for Ryan and it's the middle of February. He's carried a bigger load in the past and responded.

I'm with you on this one.

Despite my allegiance, all be it somewhat wavering at the moment, to TSC if the Sabres have even the slightest hopes of making the playoffs Miller needs to play just about every game. This is playoff hockey for the Sabres and they need to play every game like it's game 7 of the finals ... and I don't mean how they played in last year's game 7. I would start Miller every game and if he tosses up a stinker yank him early. He can rest in July.

Yep... Their chances SOAR .9% with a win tonight. They will have a solid 3.6% chance with a win and a 1.4% chance with a loss....

I think it is a total waste of time to bank on these numbers. They reflect nothing about Buffalo finally being healthy, Miller back on his game as well as the two teams that are sitting at 7th and 8th. Now if it was the Islanders team who has been pretty healthy all season sitting at the point and game total where we are and Pitt and NJ were sitting at 7th and 8th, I might agree with those numbers. They did it last year with a lesser team and right now, they are showing they might do it again.

This one has the makings of a snooze fest. Buffalo's new found commitment to being defensively responsible vs Tampa's 1-2-2.

There was one entry last night the Sabres tried and it worked fairly well. I've seen other teams do this as well to try and break that trap. Essentially it's timing a long pass into the offensive zone (one that would be icing) with a guy speeding toward the blue line. The defense normally holds the line at that point and can't turn and cover the chasing forward fast enough. I'm not talking where Myers beat out the icing call, I believe Gerbe was the forward who was streaking in. The dump in came from near the Sabres blue line.

I've seen other teams do this as well. I'm surprised it's not done more often. It seems like with good timing you could force the D into a decision on a rushing forward. Either they drop back and the rushing forward holds the blue line allowing a skate in entry or the puck does deep and the rushing forward goes past the D for a retrieve. It's risky of course because of the potential for icing, but it seems to be one way to force a 1-2-2 team to open up just a bit.

Looking forward to this game..

Tough choice. Miller is playing well, but Enroth is in danger of rusting to the bench. Hasn't played since Jan 18 against Chicago. 24 days since his last start is a long time to go without game play.

I agree but I don't think we can take a chance he has a bad game. Miller has to play. He's getting in a groove and playing well. If indeed the Sabres are tired, which btw is ridiculous. If guys in their 20s can't play a few hockey games in a row....they will need a strong game from their goalie.

I get to see a game on TV! :clapping:

Well I for one hope you and the rest of us get to see one.

This game has the makings of showing us all some of the reasons this team has failed in the past, 2nd of a back to back and 3rd game in 4 nights. They underachieved for two periods last night and turned it on in the 3rd. I expect TB to come out hard in the 1st with Bflo having played last night like we should have done against Dallas last night instead of waiting for the 3rd period.

Not sure when this Sabres team is going to hit the wall like they have in the past but I hope it's not tonight. They still haven't gotten us close enough to the playoff chase to come crashing back down to earth yet because they need to make crushing the hope they are stirring up hurt enough.

Because I'm a Bflo fan and I can take it because thats what we do.

Thank you sir may i have another.

Go Buffalo.

A win tonight against a lousy team and their magic number is down to 18-6-3. Team fragile little children would mail it in tonight. Let's see if they continue to play with urgency.

If they play like they did last night, they will probably get another W.

If he isn't going to play - finally a good move for him.

Bill Hoppe @BillHoppeSabres

Also, Luke Adam has been sent to Rochester. Zack Kassian is up. Cody McCormick is day2day.

I'm a little surprised Kassian is called up. I read an article in the D&C earlier this week that said Foligno is really, really performing well and has rapidly developed over the last couple of months into the Amerks most consistent forward. Thought maybe he'd get the next turn.

Other key games tonight for the playoff races, Winnipeg vs Pittsburgh, Edmonton vs Ottawa, Montreal vs Toronto...

Every win and loss for us counts more than ever, and every loss for our playoff spot competitor means something too.

I dont see why they cant pull this out today. I also wouldnt mind seeing Boston lose to Nashville, I was reading the Bruins message boards and they are starting to get a flustered over there.... :w00t:

Archived