GDT: Tampa Bay at Sabres 2/11/12 7:00 PM

deluca67

I agree but I don't think we can take a chance he has a bad game. Miller has to play. He's getting in a groove and playing well. If indeed the Sabres are tired, which btw is ridiculous. If guys in their 20s can't play a few hockey games in a row....they will need a strong game from their goalie.

I would agree that it is taking a chance of a bad game if we still had Lalime. But Enroth has been pretty good most of the year. I am am all for playing the hot goalie, but playing devil's advocate for a minute: ....we have what, 28 games left? We are going to need him at some point over the next 2+ months. If Enroth doesn't play soon, he'll be past one month without any game play. And if we're not going to play him in the back-to-backs, when will we?

Starting tonight we have:

vs Tampa Bay 2/11

vs New Jersey 2/14

@ Philadelphia 2/16

vs Montreal 2/17

vs Pittsburgh 2/19

vs NY Islanders 2/21

vs Boston 2/24

@ NY Rangers 2/25

I completely disagree with the "guys in their 20s being tired playing back to back is ridiculous", though. Not only are back-to-backs physically demanding, they are in their 3rd game in four nights, in which they played an emotional, physical game on Wednesday and an OT/shootout game last night. Not unrealistic to expect that guys will be tired.

Any word on who is in net tonight???

From Bill Hoppe's twitter:

Lindy still couldn't quite say Ryan Miller is starting tonight. "He's available there for us." #hesstarting

Also, Luke Adam has been sent to Rochester. Zack Kassian is up. Cody McCormick is day2day. #Sabres

#Sabres Lindy Ruff was talking about going back behind the bench tonight. I'm not sure if he was kidding. #Buffalo

https://twitter.com/...BillHoppeSabres

Slightly wider perhaps but I'd bet Foligno has got a few lbs on Zack. Kassian called up because he has 4 goals in the last 2 games.

Forgot how big Foligno was - hasn't he been scoring as well? Wouldn't mixing up who gets called up help in the end by allowing a few more players some experience?

Lindy's comment about Adam about it is up to him how long he will be down - so he just needs to go down score a few goals in the first couple games he plays and he is back up? Why not tell him something like they want him to go down for at least ten games to get a good 18 minutes a game for a sustained period of time to really get back in the grove. In the mean time allow a few other players to be called up for a few games each to either play the 4 minutes on the 4th line or just to practice with the team if they want that extra player up.

It's safe to say every game is a big game from here on out.

I hope the Sabres can turn it around.

Sometimes it seems they are one pass, one play away from keeping sustained pressure in the offensive zone.

On another note, I like the idea of having Lindy as eye in the sky.

Buffalo may have a chance to be innovators.

In the NFL, the offensive and defensive line coaches many times are calling the play's, and the head coach is monitoring what is going on and is there to make situational decisions.

Why not try it in the NHL?

Certainly you don't want professor Ruff getting hit with an errant puck in the head or broken ribs.

Considering all the available replay, electronic equipment, and communications made available to coaches and staff, it makes perfect sense to put a head coach in the best position to view the game, with the option to call down real time information that could effect the out come of a game.

I would agree that it is taking a chance of a bad game if we still had Lalime. But Enroth has been pretty good most of the year. I am am all for playing the hot goalie, but playing devil's advocate for a minute: ....we have what, 28 games left? We are going to need him at some point over the next 2+ months. If Enroth doesn't play soon, he'll be past one month without any game play. And if we're not going to play him in the back-to-backs, when will we?

Starting tonight we have:

vs Tampa Bay 2/11

vs New Jersey 2/14

@ Philadelphia 2/16

vs Montreal 2/17

vs Pittsburgh 2/19

vs NY Islanders 2/21

vs Boston 2/24

@ NY Rangers 2/25

I completely disagree with the "guys in their 20s being tired playing back to back is ridiculous", though. Not only are back-to-backs physically demanding, they are in their 3rd game in four nights, in which they played an emotional, physical game on Wednesday and an OT/shootout game last night. Not unrealistic to expect that guys will be tired.

I agree Enroth has to play soon. Good thing I don't coach because I wouldn't know when to play him. As ar as the players being tired, they probably went home after the game and slept all night. Got up around 9 for an optional skate this morning, went back home to relax and maybe nap and then get ready to play a game. I'm not saying they should never be tired but it's not like they have real jobs. They have plenty of time to rest.

I agree Enroth has to play soon. Good thing I don't coach because I wouldn't know when to play him. As ar as the players being tired, they probably went home after the game and slept all night. Got up around 9 for an optional skate this morning, went back home to relax and maybe nap and then get ready to play a game. I'm not saying they should never be tired but it's not like they have real jobs. They have plenty of time to rest.

I'm not sure why I was, but I think I busted something I was belly laughing so hard after I read the underlined and bolded part of your post.

I certainly wouldn't want to be picking out the games for Miller vs Enroth, especially in this situation (Enroth not having played for a while due to AS break and Miller's hot play).

I'll have to respectfully agree to disagree about the "real jobs" and "shouldn't be tired" statements, though.

Did someone say playoffs? The Sabres have played no bigger game to date than the one they have tonight. A win at least keeps pace and possibly gain some ground. A Tampa win and the Sabres lose much of what has been gained over this stretch. Especially if the Islanders win as well.

Where is Jim Mora now when you need him... Playoffs!@#!@#

Though it would be nice if they make a run and keep things interesting. Still a highly touted center via draft or trade would be better.

I'm liking this energy

Yep and...

I know it's early, but I'm impressed with the energy so far. I was honestly worried about tonight's game, especially since they looked so tired for most of last night. But so far so good.

Yep again. Good jump so far tonight. I'm guessing that 40 minute hard skate today did the trick.

GO SABRES!!!

Archived