Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Without context that means nothing to me.

hey honey, wanna help till my garden? Yeah, stick those bulbs in those holes. That's right, pour that water alllllll over it, baby. I wanna see you grow. 

Wow, you really make my amaryllis bloom.

:wub:

16904770_1219141018134786_31010089148305

Edited by Doohickie

If only our team had more a**holes on it, then we'd truly have character and be able to win the hockeys.

I know you're being sarcastic, but...

Teams with players who are real dickheads tend to do well. You always hear the cliches like "tough to play against", "plays on the edge", etc to describe guys like Chelios, Marchand, Messier, Howe, Shanahan, Pronger, Chara...

The only time nice guys survive in this game is if they're really damn good. Remember when the Sabres were good? Those guys were no angels. 

I know you're being sarcastic, but...

Teams with players who are real dickheads tend to do well. You always hear the cliches like "tough to play against", "plays on the edge", etc to describe guys like Chelios, Marchand, Messier, Howe, Shanahan, Pronger, Chara...

The only time nice guys survive in this game is if they're really damn good. Remember when the Sabres were good? Those guys were no angels.

Okkaayyyy... but that doesn't really have anything to do with why the current iteration of the sabres suck.

TrueBlue has a nice chart that might help you figure out who the biggest a-holes in the league are.

Gimme those psychedelic sphincters

Okkaayyyy... but that doesn't really have anything to do with why the current iteration of the sabres suck.

Gimme those psychedelic sphincters

They're playing in Horseheads this summer at the, uh, Horseheads Ampitheater. It'll be in the round.

(Amphitheater? Really?)

For the past couple of years I've been pretty dissatisfied with my career choice. Probably more than dissatisfied, but I'll leave it at that. Long story short, I opted to attempt a career change into academic advising/counseling. After trying for about a year to get a job, it became apparent I needed a different degree and more directly applicable experience. So back to grad school I go. I have officially accepted an offer at Ohio University, where I will be pursuing an EdM in College Student Personnel. While there, I'll be working as a graduate assistant in their Student Advising Center, which includes a full tuition waiver and a generous (as far as these things go) stipend. I'll be getting perfect experience for the career I'm pursuing, and incurring minimal additional debt as a bonus (about $7k total over the next two years for mandatory fees & health insurance).

Walking away from something I've been working at since 2008, in a field where I now have six years of work experience, with a half-written dissertation to boot, is easily the hardest thing I've ever done, but I'm certain it's the right move for me. For the first time in my life I'll be moving out of the Buffalo area and to a place where I know literally nobody, which is both exciting and a bit scary, but I'm pretty stoked to finally be on the right path and ready to tackle the impending challenges. Offer accepted, lease signed, moving in August. It's a great feeling. Onward!

For the past couple of years I've been pretty dissatisfied with my career choice. Probably more than dissatisfied, but I'll leave it at that. Long story short, I opted to attempt a career change into academic advising/counseling. After trying for about a year to get a job, it became apparent I needed a different degree and more directly applicable experience. So back to grad school I go. I have officially accepted an offer at Ohio University, where I will be pursuing an EdM in College Student Personnel. While there, I'll be working as a graduate assistant in their Student Advising Center, which includes a full tuition waiver and a generous (as far as these things go) stipend. I'll be getting perfect experience for the career I'm pursuing, and incurring minimal additional debt as a bonus (about $7k total over the next two years for mandatory fees & health insurance).

Walking away from something I've been working at since 2008, in a field where I now have six years of work experience, with a half-written dissertation to boot, is easily the hardest thing I've ever done, but I'm certain it's the right move for me. For the first time in my life I'll be moving out of the Buffalo area and to a place where I know literally nobody, which is both exciting and a bit scary, but I'm pretty stoked to finally be on the right path and ready to tackle the impending challenges. Offer accepted, lease signed, moving in August. It's a great feeling. Onward!

Awesome!:beer:

Best of luck, man!!!! 

OU is a good place. Athens is small, just watch out for their infamous halloween parties... 

Bailing on the dissertation? You sound like me :lol: