Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

It's nice to see so many visitors dropped by to pay their respects (rubber neck). There's a 78.2% chance Joey B. finally had chz off the dude, literally or figuratively. Or nfreeman. The whole mod thing was probably just a smokescreen so nfreeman could do it.

Someone brought about two dozen watermelons in this morning.
Uh oh....is the city finally going bankrupt and you guys are trying to woo the mayor for the account?

It was a black/watermelon joke.....tinged in the fact the Eleven admits he works for a major law firm in Buffalo that deals with bankruptcies and your city's biggest accomplishments to date are 8 acres of mowed lawn to hold concerts on near a waterway that has been here since the dawn of age and food trucks. Not to mention the "revitalization" being proclaimed is pretty much the same handful of developers getting public money to RENT out units to the masses while less than 1,000 units have come public for sale.

Go F Yourselves..... Either take a joke for what it is.... or go F yourselves.

What doesn't belong in an awesome thread is a law office grossing $70 million a year in revenues getting excited about $40 of free watermelon....

This is the awesome thread. Not the sh*t on Buffalo/Joy-sucking/Racist Power Hour Thread. Take your bullsh*t somewhere else.
I think I will.

JFC.

I like having Ghost around, but that stuff right there? That is a bunch of nonsense.

I reconstructed this because I became curious over allusions to Ghost taking a break. (I know he can't quit us.)

My two cents: Reasoned and fair-minded people (a group that excludes Fuzzy Zoeller) living in the year 2014 don't just "take a joke" about black folk lovin' them some watermelon. And please don't make the "But, but ... Battista ... Italiano mob defamation" point. Just. Don't. Them thar is apples and oranges, mon ami. Or perhaps that oughta be watermelons and grapes. Whatevs.

JFC.

I like having Ghost around, but that stuff right there? That is a bunch of nonsense.

I reconstructed this because I became curious over allusions to Ghost taking a break. (I know he can't quit us.)

My two cents: Reasoned and fair-minded people (a group that excludes Fuzzy Zoeller) living in the year 2014 don't just "take a joke" about black folk lovin' them some watermelon. And please don't make the "But, but ... Battista ... Italiano mob defamation" point. Just. Don't. Them thar is apples and oranges, mon ami. Or perhaps that oughta be watermelons and grapes. Whatevs.

I like having Ghost around here too. But I look at it like this: If I couldn't say it to a co-worker at a job, I'm not going to say it here. And I hold others to that as well.

There are hundreds of members of this forum, and hundreds more who lurk. What if the first post they read is a long standing member making casual racist comments? Maybe we just lost Mike Grier as a reader?

I like having Ghost around here too. But I look at it like this: If I couldn't say it to a co-worker at a job, I'm not going to say it here. And I hold others to that as well.

There are hundreds of members of this forum, and hundreds more who lurk. What if the first post they read is a long standing member making casual racist comments? Maybe we just lost Mike Grier as a reader?

Mike Grier don't read.

Oh that was the end. I did see all that. Relatively tame to cause a walk away. Oh well, you know what is awesome? Movers who give you an 8-10 am window but still aren't here. Oh wait, that's not awesome.

I could go for some free watermelon though.

With all the awesome new jobs for you and the missus, I'd just spring for one. :)

Because there is no such thing as an original idea anymore.

I'm not too opposed to a revisiting of the Mad Max series. Considering it's the work of the same man who made the originals I think he's allowed to have some fun with a cult classic. I mean, let's not take Mad Max too seriously :lol:

I'm not too opposed to a revisiting of the Mad Max series. Considering it's the work of the same man who made the originals I think he's allowed to have some fun with a cult classic. I mean, let's not take Mad Max too seriously :lol:

Yeah, I guess as long as it isn't a remake I'm fine with it. I just can't take another remake. It's just a little sad that the most creative sifi movies in the past 15 years have been associated with Keanu Reeves and Vin Deisel.

Besides the Wash Post article this week, and the two NYT articles in the last three years, and the Toronto Star article (13 or 12?), we now have this: http://thoughtcatalog.com/lauren-modery/2014/03/move-over-austin-buffalo-is-the-new-it-city/

This city is ###### on fire right now.

I am so, so glad I came back.

I get the 10 points back for making my minions do my research for me. bwwwwahahaha

Doesn't "economically depressed" here or there get a little old? I mean, yeah, it is. But depressed is a pretty strong word. Maybe I just don't notice it anymore. I can't think of a time in my lifetime that this region hasn't been let's say recessed, or recessed-feeling. But, jeez, it's not like it's Calcutta. We're not all eating dirt, and liking it.