Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Plumbers who make emergency (well, not that bad a crisis) house calls on Saturday.

If you remember the plumber was Bosnian Muslim.

He liked our flag ... still flying proudly. We talked a lot.

In typical Bosnian Muslim fashion he invited me to go fishing and have a few pops (beer) with his buddies. I politely declined, but suggested we have coffee some time. He ended up not charging us and after I insisted he insisted even more.

Awesome.

Plumbers who make emergency (well, not that bad a crisis) house calls on Saturday.

If you remember the plumber was Bosnian Muslim.

He liked our flag ... still flying proudly. We talked a lot.

In typical Bosnian Muslim fashion he invited me to go fishing and have a few pops (beer) with his buddies. I politely declined, but suggested we have coffee some time. He ended up not charging us and after I insisted he insisted even more.

Awesome.

faith in humanity...semi-restored

So a few weeks ago one of my friends had a case of Saranac break at the handles, resulting in the tragic loss of several good soldiers. He posted the sad picture on the Facebook. Coincidentally, later that week, I suffered the same horrid fate. I posted a picture of my poor broken bottles as a comment to his post.

My friend had tagged the brewery in the initial post. Last week they contacted both of us for our addresses, and today, I received 2 Pint Glasses and a 12 pack in the mail!

That is Awesome customer service!

So a few weeks ago one of my friends had a case of Saranac break at the handles, resulting in the tragic loss of several good soldiers. He posted the sad picture on the Facebook. Coincidentally, later that week, I suffered the same horrid fate. I posted a picture of my poor broken bottles as a comment to his post.

My friend had tagged the brewery in the initial post. Last week they contacted both of us for our addresses, and today, I received 2 Pint Glasses and a 12 pack in the mail!

That is Awesome customer service!

That's how it's done! I'm not a craft beer drinker at all, I'm just a Molson/Labatt guy, but I love me some Black Forrest and Adirondack Amber.

Grats, man. I started my new gig yesterday. Things be lookin up.

I keep telling myself things are going in the right direction. I drop down to part time hours this week so the money is going to start getting tighter, but we'll figure out how to make it work. My doing well in school once that starts is more important than working, but having a job I enjoy will go a long way towards keeping me sane. :P

Was on Lake Ontario at dawn to see if I could entice a northern pike or three to bite, home around 10 to grab a rifle and head to the farm to harass the woodchuck population, home again around 1:30 with a rifle that needs cleaning, then off to the deck, margarita in hand. It's post dinner and a cigar is singing its sweet siren song. I suppose whiskey will be required as well. The sky is robins egg blue, the temperature is comfortable, humidity is low, and Albert King is playing on Pandora.

Awesome day.

Was on Lake Ontario at dawn to see if I could entice a northern pike or three to bite, home around 10 to grab a rifle and head to the farm to harass the woodchuck population, home again around 1:30 with a rifle that needs cleaning, then off to the deck, margarita in hand. It's post dinner and a cigar is singing its sweet siren song. I suppose whiskey will be required as well. The sky is robins egg blue, the temperature is comfortable, humidity is low, and Albert King is playing on Pandora.

Awesome day.

How did you get my life?!

While my day was equally as awesome, the only thing in common with it is the margarita in my hand.

The moon in upstate NY the last few nights has been freaking huge, low, bright and amazing.

The Supermoon is certainly is amazing ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/picture-galleries/10965661/Supermoon-Amazing-images-of-the-biggest-and-brightest-full-moon-of-the-year.html

Awesome day.

damn. now that's a good day.