Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

It's a research degree, for those that want to pursue scientific or engineering research professions.  If you don't want/need/care to do research, then getting a BS or MS, and getting years of professional experience under your belt outweigh the benefits of the PhD.

Engineering research.

That's funny.

Engineering research.

That's funny.

Shhh, you'll hurt their feelings.

Engineering Research: "the physicists gave us a bunch of math that kind of makes sense, but assumes everything is a sphere in a vacuum; we have to do research on how make any of this useful in the real world."

Engineering Research: "the physicists gave us a bunch of math that kind of makes sense, but assumes everything is a sphere in a vacuum; we have to do research on how make any of this ###### useful in the real world."

Ahh, the old Ideal Cow:

spherical-cow2.png

Edited by sabills

I think that's why they hired him. The price was probably right, if you catch my drift. He's on a student visa so it's not a major commitment to get us some extra help.  

Kept going to school so he didn't have to go back to his country.

Things that are awesome. Vancouver and the road north to Whistler is awesome. It's twisty and fast and narrow and gorgeous and even in a rented Mazda 3 I was flying around those corners, my friend and I screaming at every new amazing vista. I have never loved a place so much so quickly. Whistler is the fit person Mecca of the world. I have a feeling it's partially the Ironman but it's also just Whistler.

However there's a spooky abandoned Disney world feeling in some parts of the village- lots of new builds for lease/empty from the Olympics.

Starting my first full day here- I needed to get away and I needed some mountains in my life. If you've never been, go. I keep being reminded of my times in the Alps in Europe.

Things that are awesome. Vancouver and the road north to Whistler is awesome. It's twisty and fast and narrow and gorgeous and even in a rented Mazda 3 I was flying around those corners, my friend and I screaming at every new amazing vista. I have never loved a place so much so quickly. Whistler is the fit person Mecca of the world. I have a feeling it's partially the Ironman but it's also just Whistler.

However there's a spooky abandoned Disney world feeling in some parts of the village- lots of new builds for lease/empty from the Olympics.

Starting my first full day here- I needed to get away and I needed some mountains in my life. If you've never been, go. I keep being reminded of my times in the Alps in Europe.

That does sound awesome!  I've always wanted to see that area; someday!