Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Won't quote Taro for the long post but thanks...

On some points: there was a specific time period but, without getting too specific, I was hired at a point that JUST missed the cutoff period that would allow me to get a salary review in my first year. They do consider raises when asked outside of those company-mandates reviews (I've asked around a bit). I will have been there for over a year and a half before my first salary review purely due to the timing of my hiring (I believe that was intentional).

And there have been two times that the entire state has been on a call that my name was specifically mentioned and applauded for my efforts throughout the day recently. I was planning on asking for a raise before this but it further made me realize that I've got plenty of talking points should I have the sit down. I've always been a good talker when it comes to business/my profession.

I'm not an entirely confident person in many aspects, but I am confident in my work currently. I can showcase that without putting others down or making it sound like I'm begging, I believe.

Thanks a ton for the help everybody. I definitely will be using plenty of the advice. You're all great.

One last question - should I name a number/percentage or wait until they ask/just let them pick a number?

Won't quote Taro for the long post but thanks...

On some points: there was a specific time period but, without getting too specific, I was hired at a point that JUST missed the cutoff period that would allow me to get a salary review in my first year. They do consider raises when asked outside of those company-mandates reviews (I've asked around a bit). I will have been there for over a year and a half before my first salary review purely due to the timing of my hiring (I believe that was intentional).

And there have been two times that the entire state has been on a call that my name was specifically mentioned and applauded for my efforts throughout the day recently. I was planning on asking for a raise before this but it further made me realize that I've got plenty of talking points should I have the sit down. I've always been a good talker when it comes to business/my profession.

I'm not an entirely confident person in many aspects, but I am confident in my work currently. I can showcase that without putting others down or making it sound like I'm begging, I believe.

Thanks a ton for the help everybody. I definitely will be using plenty of the advice. You're all great.

One last question - should I name a number/percentage or wait until they ask/just let them pick a number?

If you've shown them evidense of greater worth, I'd think you'd also have evidence of what your worth should be.  Tell them what you expect.  You may not get it, but you will never get it if you don't express it.

Summer soccer league started last night.  We were getting schooled pretty good by a group of high school kids when the game got called due to lightning.  We only got to play for 20 minutes, so that sucks.

The awesome thing is that there's this super cute girl on our team that's interning around here for the Summer.  I talked to her.  That's it.

Why are so many cute engineering ladies getting internships in Nowhere, NY?  Not that I'm complaining.

Summer soccer league started last night.  We were getting schooled pretty good by a group of high school kids when the game got called due to lightning.  We only got to play for 20 minutes, so that sucks.

The awesome thing is that there's this super cute girl on our team that's interning around here for the Summer.  I talked to her.  That's it.

Why are so many cute engineering ladies getting internships in Nowhere, NY?  Not that I'm complaining.

Help a brother out and show me where these internships are  :flirt:

I joke, it's really because I need money.  :lol:

Jim Kelly was down here today and my boss got me his autograph. That was pretty nice of him.

This is my second Kelly autograph. The first one is on a hat, but this one is truly frame worthy. It's going right next to Andre on my football wall in the man cave.

Now I need Thurman and Bruce.

Man, buying a new car is so effing easy. If I had known it was this easy I'd have done it sooner!  :wallbash:

It's no secret that my 2001 Buick LeSabre is a hooptie, a monetary sink hole, and an impending death trap. In fact all of my cars have been like that for the last 10+ years. Now that I've locked in my job here in Buffalo for the foreseeable future I decided it was time to get some new wheels. I've been researching cars for several years now trying to figure out what I want, and now that I know I'm going to be commuting a lot more I decided to find a commuter that would give me good gas mileage, good build quality, and be worth putting the money into. 

Went with Josie to check out a 2015 VW Golf TDI (diesel) on Friday and liked it a lot. What a great little car. It's exactly what I need. And the price was the lowest around. Called the sales guy this morning, and after a few phone calls, getting insurance taken care of, and paying for my down payment over the phone with a credit card (YOU CAN DO THAT!?), all I have to do now is drive back to Rochester tonight and pick up my new little hatchback highway cruiser. 

Awesome.  :beer:

Man, buying a new car is so effing easy. If I had known it was this easy I'd have done it sooner!  :wallbash:

It's no secret that my 2001 Buick LeSabre is a hooptie, a monetary sink hole, and an impending death trap. In fact all of my cars have been like that for the last 10+ years. Now that I've locked in my job here in Buffalo for the foreseeable future I decided it was time to get some new wheels. I've been researching cars for several years now trying to figure out what I want, and now that I know I'm going to be commuting a lot more I decided to find a commuter that would give me good gas mileage, good build quality, and be worth putting the money into. 

Went with Josie to check out a 2015 VW Golf TDI (diesel) on Friday and liked it a lot. What a great little car. It's exactly what I need. And the price was the lowest around. Called the sales guy this morning, and after a few phone calls, getting insurance taken care of, and paying for my down payment over the phone with a credit card (YOU CAN DO THAT!?), all I have to do now is drive back to Rochester tonight and pick up my new little hatchback highway cruiser. 

Welcome to the hatchback club. They're wonderful.

This post just makes me so happy.

I was willing to sell part of my soul to get you in a car that wasn't held together by bondo,bumperstickers and prayers. 

My awesome of the day- finalizing some details for my trip to Whistler, BC in a couple weeks to see my friend compete in the Ironman. I'm so ready to see some mountains and cheer on some awesome people. 

Let us know how the Deisel works out. I've taken a look at one. 

I was willing to sell part of my soul to get you in a car that wasn't held together by bondo,bumperstickers and prayers. 

My awesome of the day- finalizing some details for my trip to Whistler, BC in a couple weeks to see my friend compete in the Ironman. I'm so ready to see some mountains and cheer on some awesome people. 

HAHA This is awesome!!

Awesome: I get married on Saturday! I am so excited.  we wrote our own vows, and her dad (a pastor) is actually going to do the ceremony for us.  It's going to be great.  I can't wait to see her in her dress. She says I'm going to cry.  I don't want to tell her that she's probably right  ;)

HAHA This is awesome!!

Awesome: I get married on Saturday! I am so excited.  we wrote our own vows, and her dad (a pastor) is actually going to do the ceremony for us.  It's going to be great.  I can't wait to see her in her dress. She says I'm going to cry.  I don't want to tell her that she's probably right  ;)

Man, I thought you had yours already.  Oh well, have a fun with the crazy week you're in for this week.

Welcome to the hatchback club. They're wonderful.

It's funny. I get the same total cargo capacity of my Buick. But it's like 300% more useful. 

:wub:

Let us know how the Deisel works out. I've taken a look at one. 

I will. I wanted a diesel and I'm a big fanboy of Volkswagen/Audi's TDI tech. I mean, it's born from their LeMans race cars FFS. How cool is that? 

I'll report back on mileage and driving characteristics once the computer gets calibrated and I get settled in to it.